FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Production Operator Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO ​​​​​​Michael Manley
​​​​​​Michael Manley
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Detroit, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bonuses, Great money, Good people

Cons

Work hours , Favoritism, Supervisors

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2019-11-04

"Sterling heights"

Former Employee - Production Operator

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits were ok, step inside big company

Cons

You have to ask to use restroom, sometimes feels like prison due to lots of management control

Advice to Management

Ease up

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2019-11-12
  3. "Production Operator"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Toledo, OH

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles part-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee shirts are cheap at the Jeep Store.

Cons

Management has high turnover rate, takes a few years to be hired in full time. No real representation from UAW, but you pay union dues. Separation from full time versus part time employees. High Management turnover. Unstable job security. Just another number.

Advice to Management

Quit nit picking on eyewear being tinted or ear buds in especially when were there for 10 hrs a day as robots.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2019-08-08
  4. "Good with the bad"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Profit Sharing. Possible summer shutdown

Cons

Micromanagement is the companies downfall.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2019-03-05
  5. "Benefits"

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time

Pros

Great medical benefits from day one

Cons

No dental benefits given to staff

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2019-01-13
  6. "Production"

Current Employee - Production Operator

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good money repetitive work good pay

Cons

No free time for family and friends.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2018-07-26

"Easy work but they don’t make it easy to"

Former Employee - Production Operator in Warren, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good money, the actual jobs are not hard at all, like 2 screws and a pop.

Cons

I’m going to give you the real spill if you’re being hired in or just starting and are under 25, this company is not the same company our parents worked for. They’re going to give you a contract and all that and promise you a 40 hour schedule and you will be permanent after 90 days and have benefits and everything, this isn’t true for the most part. These plants have been hiring like crazy and summer 2017 up until... now warren truck has hired over 500 ppl alone, i have tried to figure out why hire so many if we’re guaranteed a job for doing what we should? I figured out they are using tpts only to keep the plant up and running, on the 89th day they’re fired, after your first week you’re not promised a set schedule whatsoever at all, it’s pretty much standby, they will literally have you working 4 hour days and random 10 hour Saturdays and this that and the 3rd, you will most likely never get OT, you’re told if you’re ever late you’re fired, and they will. This isn’t a career, it’s another company that has gone full bs and stooped down to lying to employees and causing bs because they can just get more like there aren’t enough already. You’re benefits are pretty much useless. They’re going to teach you all about FCA but not tell you in the contract that the older employees gave up A LOT of benefits they were promised back but never got. They aren’t worried about rolling you over permanently unless you already have a trade. Theres talk about closing the plant and they don’t know when but we know they do and we know how this goes. I wasn’t fired, i quit.

Advice to Management

Just act as a staffing company and let people know up front that you’re using private contractor rules, you will still get employees and it doesn’t seem you care about the quality of them anyway.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2018-03-06

"Production Operator"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Warren, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles part-time

Pros

Great group of co-workers. Lots of overtime available to those who want it.

Cons

Part timer benefits and pay aren't very good. Also, no one seems to know when, or even if, the part timers will be rolled over to full time status.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2018-01-25

"UAW Hourly Represented Full Time Employee"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Tipton, IN

Pros

Great Benefits (completely covered by FCA US) -Full Medical -Full Dental -Full Vision (UAW members only) Great Pay -$17/hr-$28.50 (UAW members only) -Yearly raises until top out Union Representation -You control your workplace -Grievance procedure -Paid holidays, PAA, VAC

Cons

Long hours (10 hour shifts at all plants except for Kokomo Casting Plant) Standing or sitting for long hours Physical positions require strength and stamina Extremely volatile economic environment, at risk for layoffs and shutdowns due to slow sales or economic downturn such as the 2008 Great Recession

Advice to Management

Follow the contract Let people work When we hit numbers, stop bird dogging us and let us work

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2017-10-30

"crappy company"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Sterling Heights, MI

Pros

Pay is good for entry level no education job.

Cons

everything else, your just a slave and plant floor supervisors are not good at their job. Benn here for almost 5years and haven't seen a competent plant floor supervisor yet. They come in from college or somewhere else with NO floor experience and it shows

Advice to Management

Management doesn't know how to do simple things like put right amount of manpower on a line, the company should hiring management from line workers who have more intimate knowledge of how the plant floor works.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2017-08-22