FDM Group Applications Support Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

FDM Group CEO Rod Flavell
Rod Flavell

"IT Career Kickstarter"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for FDM has been a great experience for me. The commercially-relevant training instantly gave me credibility as a qualified IT professional. I have worked with some fantastic clients and had invaluable exposure at an early stage in my career, which allowed me to progress faster than expected. Most importantly I have met some great like-minded people on my FDM journey.

Cons

The initial training is very intense and unpaid, which can be a struggle, but if you can get through it, its all uphill there onwards. Also the fixed salary for the first two years is not great, especially when you are expected to be geographically flexible, but you learn so much in these two years and can command almost double in your 3rd year.

Advice to Management

Think up of some performance related bonus.

FDM Group2014-04-25
  2. "Great place to work where people want to listen to you"

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Leeds, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training environment with loads of support and a nice atmosphere Opportunities available to work for some great clients

Cons

Communications between academy and sales could be better

Advice to Management

Please sort out the communication between account managers and consultants

FDM Group2019-01-22
  3. "Good for Graduates but get out after 2 Years!"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Training - Access to Big Companies - Opportunities at different Countries

Cons

- Low Pay during the first 2 Years - No Pay during Training - Hard to get support and communicate with Staff

FDM Group2018-08-06
  4. "Exploiters"

Former Contractor - Applications Support Analyst in London, England

I worked at FDM Group for less than a year

Pros

If you can afford your expenditures from 6 months to a full year without getting paid, it can be for you

Cons

The business idea is to scoop possible candidates from market and charge present them from FDM side and keep the lion's share of what they make

Advice to Management

Some basic salary should be introduced

FDM Group2018-02-14

"Not Competitive"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy entry into IT from other industries. The oppurtunity to work at one of their clients that are impossible to get into otherwise.

Cons

Not flexible with doing extra training. Poor/No colleague perks. Poor pay packed. Minimum holidays. No sick pay. Poor treatment of staff. Aggressive account managers. You can be placed anywhere around the country. No choice of who you want to be placed with (unless you get there first).

Advice to Management

More holidays and full holiday pay for those days would make this a perfect package. Offer additional training...even when been placed, it might encourage people to stay on into their third year. I would love to recommend the program but I still wouldn't, fixing the holiday pay scheme would change things.

FDM Group2017-07-24
  6. "Fun, challenging and fast paced with great career prospects. Fast growing company."

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast growing company Extensive client list Fantastic opportunities for graduates

Cons

No major cons as yet.

FDM Group2013-06-14
  7. "Great to get a foot in the door of an investment bank, poorly paid"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can almost guarantee you a job in an investment wih the prospects of a great career Nearly all investment banks are their clients

Cons

Money terrible; 22k yr 1 27k yr2 After the two yrs if you want to go contracting with your employer u have to either buy out for 3months gross or leave for 6 months and come back

Advice to Management

Don't be so tight with the money, look after your staff

FDM Group2013-05-04
  8. "Application Support Analyst"

Former Contractor - Applications Support Analyst in London, England

I worked at FDM Group for less than a year

Pros

Good experience, lots of learning opportunities using different softwares and skill sets. Good opportunity to get into the finance and IT sectors

Cons

Some trainings are good, but not enough practise. Some trainings are useless and spent too much time on them. No wages, need to support yourself for the duration of the training and 90 days. (Min:10 weeks Max: 6 months)

FDM Group2013-03-21
  9. "Current Mountie"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I seeked employment for five months after I finished university, and failed to gain ONE interview in this time. I trained in Application Support and have just been placed at Barclays after 4 months at FDM. It has been hard on my money, but as a route into the world of finance, it is helped. FDM could improve some areas, the VBA course is one example. But it is a lie to say they mis-inform you! I would like to... point out that my experience differs greatly from some of the reviews I have seen. I knew entirely about the salary, when I would be paid, the 2 year commitment. It was discussed in my first interview and on the assessment day! In all honesty, My experience of FDM has been mostly positive, especially now I have been placed. I am personal friends with 3 members of staff and to even suggest that they have "no moral ethics" is very strange. I am sure other mounties will suggest I jump on the bandwagon and write an overly negative opinion of my time at FDM, but the truth is my experience has been what I expected, and I got what I wanted out of it, which was a job and the chance at work in the finance sector. THATS THE MAIN THING!

Cons

The salary could be bigger in London. We are left to independantly learn Training is difficult at points

Advice to Management

relate more to mounties, perhaps arrnage more events where current trainers interact with account managers.

FDM Group2012-11-30

"OK in terms of getting experience of the financial IT area, but not much else."

Applications Support Analyst in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group

Pros

The only reason I see as beneficial from working with FDM has been the chance to gain experience in financial (investment bank in my case) IT industry.

Cons

- Renumeration is less than the equivalent level (entry/graduate) roles for permanent employees at financial insitutions. - No real benefits other than a salary (no pension, bike2work, dental etc etc) - The training is not a very high standard (class environment is akin to being back at sixth form college unfortunately) - No objectives setting when on a placement, no apparaisal/review system. Left to your own... devices unless you have any issues.

Advice to Management

See those items listed in the pros and cons above. This is intended as constructive, for anyone looking up the compant on glassdoor.

FDM Group2012-05-03