FDM Group Business Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

FDM Group CEO Rod Flavell
Rod Flavell
  1. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in London, England

I worked at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Provides opportunity for grads to work in blue chip firm - More project knowledge

Cons

-Doesn't have a structured work on client site as it differs with each project.

FDM Group2018-11-28

"Worst employment and company."

Former Employee - Graduate Business Analyst

I worked at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

None, it's the worst company I've been in.

Cons

Don't bother, you aren't given any training just a £20000 fee should you wish to leave and there is no guarantee on what client or role you will end up doing. Also clients tend to treat you like trash and the company doesn't care in the least.

FDM Group2019-11-13
  3. "Ok"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to start for graduates. Don't expect too much, try and get as much out of FDM as possible

Cons

You will have to chase consistently for further training when on site

FDM Group2019-10-13

"Shambles, join if you have a 2:2 or below"

Former Employee - Graduate Business Analyst in London, England

I worked at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

meet young graduates like yourself.

Cons

full of under achievers and naive graduates. They teach you how to write emails and type passwords for days on end. Don't forget the 20K they will chase you up on if you leave. Absolute con of a company, only go if you are desperate. If you are smart and have a degree above 2:2, stay away. I left after three days and got a job with better prospects shortly.

FDM Group2019-10-09
  5. "Unsure"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exposure to big clients

Cons

Geo-flex - be willing to travel

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about the structure of the company and role of graduates

FDM Group2019-09-03

"Avoid - Company are not honest"

Former Employee - Trainee Business Analyst in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Recruitment process seems nice at the time, but they are covering up how the graduate programme is actually run. Able to leave with no strings attached within the first two weeks of training

Cons

This company are not transparent with placement structure - I was informed that I would be interviewing with different clients of my choice and would have a say about where I would be working and the nature of my work, however this is simply not true. They place you anywhere in the UK doing anything at all without consultation with very short notice. Turning down placements or so much as voicing an opinion (or so it... seems) is viewed as a serious breach of contract which is a sackable offence and FDM reserve the right to charge £15k for training in this instance.

Advice to Management

Be truthful about the programme and you will get people applying who actually want to be there rather than dropping out in the first two weeks of training.

FDM Group2019-10-04
  7. "Business analyst"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

Na na na na na

Cons

Not applicable as was all very good for me

FDM Group2019-08-27
  8. "I am a business analyst at fdm"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get your food in the door with big companies

Cons

You dont get to choose where you get placed

FDM Group2019-05-24

"Business Analyst placed near London. 3.5 years with FDM"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Leeds, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exposure to big companies and big projects. Good salary after when you start 3rd year. FDM don't bother you much when your onsite with a client. Trainers are very helpful and approachable If your lucky and get placed with a good client during training or just after training you will enjoy your experience. If you have to wait 90 days or don't get placed at all its a different story. FDM increased salaries last... year and included a London weighting.

Cons

Very corporate (especially the sales team). Feels like they blackball you for other jobs after bad interviews. The threat of having to pay £20,000 training fee if you want to leave. Will always take the clients side if you have problems with onsite managers. Being beached after leaving a client as your salary will drop to a basic rate and you will be depressed whilst wait for a new placement. You have to be UK... flexible Unpaid training Not much relocation support after first week of new placement. Will take disciplinary action if you have to leave a clients site. Even when it's not your fault

FDM Group2019-03-07
  10. "Worst place to work"

Former Contractor - Business Analyst in London, England

I worked at FDM Group for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros working here. The least professional company I have worked for. You will learn nothing apart from a few SQL queries working here and will never be taken seriously.

Cons

No matter what training scheme you choose (whether it be BA, Developer, Tester etc), they will never place you with a client in that role. The role is 99% an admin role where you will learn nothing relevant to your training stream. Extremely poor pay, no company benefits. When you are not placed with a client, you are sitting in the pond learning nothing and waiting for an account manager to get in touch... with you which could take months. Laughable that they value their training at £20,000, when it very sub standard and lacks professionalism. All consultants are required to be geographically flexible and they send their consultants to any location in the UK where they have to pay for their accomodation costs. They provide no benefits or relocation packages which is awful considering the compensation package. They do not care what their consultants want. They will only place you wherever is convenient for them to onboard and retain clients. Genuinely worst company to work for and do not consider this role unless you have nothing else.

Advice to Management

The management completely isolate themselves from their consultants. It is a place to work if you have no future aspirations.

FDM Group2019-03-27