FDM Group Business Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rod Flavell
  1. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic team Wealth of support available Great opportunities to be taken advantage off Lots of pathways available for all backgrounds Very warm and welcoming environment

Cons

Recruitment process not stringent enough Minimal close observation once in the door

Advice to Management

Closer classroom observation needed

FDM Group2019-08-05
  2. "Good training, no control of placements"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Leeds, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training is brilliant Nice group of people Big client names

Cons

Unpaid Can take a while to get placed

Advice to Management

Increase communication between account managers and consultants

FDM Group2019-12-04

"False promises"

Former Employee - Business Consultant

I worked at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Steady wage for 2 years after initial placement.

Cons

Account managers have lack of knowledge in their jobs to place the correct consultants with clients Academy managers don’t care about your personal life at all, a contract is a contract to them and that’s it Wage isn’t that great for the hard work the consultants get out through Academy training means nothing as they place you with a client doing next to any job, even if you trained to work on Projects and get a... placed as a receptionist When you have an opinion or you want your voice to be heard, you are automatically in the bad books for not being a zombie

Advice to Management

Become more considerate towards your consultants, review the contract obligations and pay them a higher salary, if you are pocketing a minimum £210 a day when they receive around £70 a day it clearly shows how much profit you are making and it’s sickening

FDM Group2019-11-04

"Avoid the business stream"

Current Contractor - Business Consultant in Leeds, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FDM Group for less than a year

Pros

Good sense of community between consultants. The technical consultants get placements. They pay for some of your travel. Toilets are clean.

Cons

Awful communication from staff, you're basically treated like meat. There are so few business consultancy opportunities and a lot of them are just admin roles. The training is a farce and they make you sign a 2 year contract so you cannot escape. If you're not placed then you don't get paid, meaning you don't have income for 5 months. Once the training is over, you're forced to attend the academy to "up-skill" which... basically means "don't do anything for the entire day". Account managers will ignore you or straight up lie to your face.

Advice to Management

You need to communicate with your trainees!

FDM Group2019-07-25
  5. "Business Consultant with FDM"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Birmingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Guaranteed work placement - Good companies

Cons

- Can be thrown at any city in the UK - Low pay compared to direct employment

Advice to Management

- Take care of trainees - Less hiding - Less pressure on Trainees

FDM Group2019-06-16
  6. "Not bad"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

nice clients and you gain great exposure an experience to kick start your career

Cons

Relocations across the UK can be difficult

Advice to Management

Care for your consultants like the way you do for your internal staff

FDM Group2019-05-17

"Poorest Management and Sales company ever"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Leeds, England

I worked at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros for working here, if your a Grad, expect to be exploited, if your ex forces expect to be smarmed and given false promises to be taken away when they lie and fail to find you employment in the Geoflex agreed at interview.

Cons

Clients unavailable in North East, so if you wish to be employed in the North East look for yourself and don't join this company . This company thrives on indentured servitude.

Advice to Management

Dont lie to potential employees about your sales team ability to get fruitful employment in an area (North East) if you clearly cannot. Treat your staff better, be more honest and actually send out CVs to the clients. Dont oversell to the clients, so that you can cream off the top of the salary the client pays.

FDM Group2019-06-14

"Good if you couldn't get into a blue chip company through application. Bad if you're interested in business consultancy."

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Leeds, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Free coffee - Reimbursed for travel - Nice instructors - Friendly reception - If could not get into Blue Chip companies through applications, will work well for you. Was told most people who get placed in a company are likely to be offered a place, which seemed reasonable as you've been trained for the role for, as told, usually 2 years. - Re-trains ex-army which is good - Access to a large database of... online extra training through a third party - Competitive pay - Transparent about previous bad reviews and explained trying to change people's experiences. Got the sense they were actively trying to change poor situations from being repeated.

Cons

- Training extremely fast, 6 weeks to go from no experience in certain areas to master things such as Excel VBA, SQL, presenting and be ready for the working environment. Not feasible for most workers I saw, however, it does give a good base understanding. - Sizeable portion of other candidates did not take the job seriously, I suppose as a result of the relatively easy assessment centre and interview process. Not... sure if it was only my experience but not a great environment for the intense training scheme. - FDM does give a level of training and chance to go into blue-chip companies but it also feels like giving them the FDM badge and chuck them at whichever company will take them for the high margins. I could understand their extremely fast growth and high level of new competitors after being there. - Had to accept the first offer you got, no exceptions - even if you were likely to receive more than one over the course. - If you have no experience previously, very likely to go into project support. - Would not recommend if serious about business consultancy. - Unpaid training is a pain, a large proportion of people having to work nights and weekends to support themselves through it, again not a good thing with the training intensity. I feel it shows the level in which FDM cares very little for their consultants and just wants the profit once they're placed. - Hit with fee of £20,000 if you leave after 2 weeks which is laughable for the training they provide. If one class of 20 left (6 week cycles, multiple cycles at once) £400,000 would have to be paid. There is no way the cost of a (maybe) £30,000pa teacher, recycled homemade teaching material and overheads for the 6 weeks would equate to that. It is purely to bully people into staying. Which again I feel is quite representative of how badly they want the margins on each worker and care very little for the individual as a whole. - Merged the analyst, project management and risk and assurance into a 'business stream' - learn a little of each instead of a lot of one. Again, has helped the business model as each consultant could do any role that comes up - a lucky dip if they joined for a specific role. - If you're serious about business consultancy, the industry of a company you would like to work for or the role you would like to do, this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

The managers at Leeds seemed nice enough. The higher management business model is money hungry at the expense of the average consultant.

FDM Group2018-09-10

"Don't believe on reviews and try it yourself!"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Coventry, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I hadn't read any reviews on glass door before joining FDM and was quite shocked to be honest to read the reviews here. My advise to others is don't make a judgement based on people who were rejected by FDM or did not fit in. They should have done their research before starting and dropped out within the cooling off period of 2 weeks if FDM wasn't right for them. For a fresh graduate who was struggling to even... reach the assessment stage for any big company, FDM was a dream come true. My achievements were recognised and from the very first call from FDM , I felt that I was valued for who I am. My recruiter was very helpful and supportive. From my first day at academy, all the trainers were very welcoming and genuinely helpful. A lot of negativity around training being unpaid but I can't complain because it is better than being unemployed at home and waiting for an opportunity to knock on your door. A lot of companies out there do not pay for training period and again if you disagree, why accept it in first place and not apply to a place where you are getting 'paid' for your training. I got to learn a lot during my training period and in a world where nothing comes free, some extra skills learnt from FDM on my CV really makes me stand out. The biggest pro is once your training is completed, opportunities are lined up for you. In my case a few companies were the ones I applied to under graduate programs and was refused! Knowing some people think reviews are paid here, I genuinely wanted to help those people with my review who are struggling like I was once being a fresh graduate.