FDM Group PMO Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rod Flavell
  1. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - PMO Analyst in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What are the chances of you landing a job within large global firm like HSBC, UBS, Barclays etc. Very Slim. This is where FDM come in. Work on a low wage for 2 years to get the experience and then you are free to leave.

Cons

No Benefits as a company. they used to have an online portal which was ok, now there's nothing.

Advice to Management

Maybe pay second year a little more. A little unfair when a candidate has been placed Full Time for the full year and they are on the same wage as someone whose had gaps in their employment. Better benefits. An extra living allowance if candidate is placed away from home.

FDM Group2019-11-21

"N/A"

Current Employee - PMO

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

Work with a blue chip company

Cons

Low pay. They only care about placing you with their clients for any role, not your career

Advice to Management

Pay attention to FDMers reviews

FDM Group2019-10-08

"Indentured Labour - Please read before preceeding"

Former Freelancer - PMO in London, England

I worked at FDM Group for more than a year

Pros

If you don't know what Indentured Labour is - look it up. That is what this companies business model is. You may get a placement at a large multinational. Some think it's an easy way into banking - well guess what it isn't.

Cons

You are a bonded labour. If you leave or underperform they will claim you owe them £20k for the training. This is the biggest and dirtiest scam in the country and should be illegal. Employers reading? This company is NOT a consultancy. In a consultancy (i work for a big 4 right now), consultants have a network and resources which can be draw upon, to benefit the client. All FDM do is put young grads that can... present themselves, with some mediocre training, with zero support onsite. The client is expected to pick up the cost of the training and development - NOT FDM. If you manage to do well from this scam, you have got VERY lucky. The training is a complete waste of time.

Advice to Management

Eat lots of fatty food, drink too much alcohol and smoke a lot. Hopefully nature will do it's course.

FDM Group2019-05-31

"If you can overcome the negatives it will be worth it"

Current Employee - PMO Consultant in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exposure to top clients that are worth the wait in the long run.

Cons

No flexibility in chose of client. I respect that you have to go where the money is, but it should be also about your own personal career development.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your consultants on site as if the naive graduates that you think they are!

FDM Group2018-02-12

"PMO"

Current Employee - PMO in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good way to begin a career. Training isn't to practionner level but enough to give you the knowledge to carry out the job at a basic level if motivated.

Cons

Not a lot of support once you are through with the training, although this is improving drastically but currently it's one of the cons for me.

Advice to Management

Offer more certified training to consultants, at least one a year, as the expectation is for you to grow every year, I think that will be the best way for both sides to win. This way at the end of the two years, should they choose to stay, you will be able to put them forward for more roles and they in turn will find it easier to continue to stay on site.

FDM Group2018-01-16

"PMO"

Current Employee - PMO in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Very good start to your career -Gain valuable experience (when placed on site with blue chip companies) -FDM top clients are GREAT to have on your CV esp if you're just starting your career straight out of uni -I would definitely

Cons

-Salary is considerably low but after 2 years you will be worth double that amount- so in my opinion its worth the wait. -Tied to 2 year contract, but then again you might as well gain 2 full years experience in your role due to competition in the market

Advice to Management

Considering the low salary, other company benefits (e.g health, insurance, bonus) should be included in the package- especially 3rd year consultants in order to retain them.

FDM Group2017-08-01
  7. "Stay consistent"

PMO/BA in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group

Pros

a lot of AMs proactivity a lot of blue chip clients good success rate

Cons

subject to business cycles can wait a lot to be placed not the most-glorious jobs underpaid

Advice to Management

get more subject-matter expertise AMs ( placing of the Salesforce class and the 3 PSO classes recently was a big issue)

FDM Group2017-03-01

"Get your timing right"

Current Employee - PMO

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

As most reviews I have read here I agree by saying that you will get exposure to working for some of the biggest companies in the UK which will offer you a strong foundation for a great career and earn you a lot of money after the two years at FDM are over. You will get an interesting role as PM/BA/Dev/Tester working in good teams and a very professional environment. For someone with no experience this is a rare... opportunity I'd say. Training is alright but most of it doesnt apply to real work environment (i did PSO so not sure about Dev course) - trainers are cool and acknowledge how bad our situation is when waiting for a placement. Some good, some awful account managers - make sure you connect with the right ones. Free beer on the company party. The good thing is that once you are placed you barely have to deal with FDM anymore. You work in your company and most likely will be offered a contract after two years. You move on and leave them behind - believe me you will want to move away from FDM asap.

Cons

I went for 6 months without pay. Be prepared to not only financially but also mentally get through this difficult time. My biggest tip is to start in H1 of each year as big companies hardly hire between Oct - Feb. If you start your training start in Dec-Aug cause otherwise you are facing an additional three months after the training sitting and waiting for offers. It was the most stressful time of my life. FDM does... absolute zero to support you so don't count on that. You sit in the academy and wait and that's it. Make sure you are prepared for that. If you get your timing right you will get placed before you even finish your training so that's something to remember too! About the money..It's not much, FDM takes most of the cut the first two years but tbh its more than I ever made before and you get by as long as your not forced to live in London. And after the two years you will be sorted believe me.

Advice to Management

I understand you will want to have an over supply of consultants ready in case a big ask comes but for the love of god how some decency and start paying us sooner! You make a ton of easy money through us, I think it is the ethical thing to do to recognise that!

FDM Group2017-02-08

"Unhealthy and disconnected culture. Use as last resort employment"

Former Employee - PMO/BA in London, England

I worked at FDM Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to join FDM Initial training Friendly unsuspecting graduates You can leave after a year or two You can leave within 14 days of training starting

Cons

Training not certified Training not paid Employment laws looped and stretched Low job wages Not an IT consultancy, 90 percent are not IT literate Disconnected culture Unhealthy for feedback Relocation forced but not legal High level of job leavers Better you wait to get employed somewhere else

Advice to Management

Stop acting like human traffickers and care about your consultants long term prospects

FDM Group2016-12-15

"Bad communicators"

PMO/BA in Leeds, England

I worked at FDM Group

Pros

Top class trainers and fantastic facilities

Cons

So many to list but essentially they can not communicate with trainees, they claim they can but they can't. This is literally like a meat market and they churn out people like "sausages" . If your face doesn't fit you can forget about it. Give them a miss.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach....communicate, communicate, communicate!

FDM Group2016-08-17