FDM Group Reviews

Updated 23 May 2020

3.2
FDM Group CEO, Founder, and Director Rod Flavell
Rod Flavell
  1. "Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Dynamic and fast paced work environment, FDM is the best place to start your career. I have been in the company across several departments and every time it has been a steep learning curve. There is no job definition and constraints, you can make your job as rich and broad as you want. There is freedom to shape your role and new ideas are greatly encouraged. No matter how tough the role you land in, there is always someone who can support you. There is huge earnings potential, but you must be prepared to work hard and network. There is constant emphasis on people and their career progression.

Cons

Like in most organisations, change may take time to happen- changing people's way of working or thinking is a challenge most of the time. Annual Leave allowance should be higher and competitive with the market.

FDM Group2020-01-20
  2. "Consultancy"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent cost-effective model for budding, entry-level consultants

Cons

Strategy? Questionable sales culture and senior management

FDM Group2020-01-29
  3. "Does what it says"

Former Employee - Test Analyst in Leeds, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experience with well know companies, good to get your foot in door

Cons

Lower pay than average and tied into for two years

FDM Group2020-01-28

"A risky decision to join - not worth it for me"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Intelligence Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff are friendly Potential to work with some big name clients

Cons

Training isn't brilliant (some weeks were fine, others terrible) No salary until getting placed - they rather cheekily don't advertise this. Lots of staff turnover in 2019 during my time there, which didn't help company performance.

FDM Group2020-01-27
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Corporate Merchandiser in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great people - Open plan office - Social scene

Cons

- No perks, eg no free meals, time off hard to get

FDM Group2020-01-10
  6. "process"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

good place to work. really good experience

Cons

goes very quickly. but good learning experience

FDM Group2020-01-08
  7. "Great opportunities to be had but beware of pushy account managers."

Current Employee - Business Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

FDM is great for grads and career changers without IT experience (I can't speak for Ex-Forces or Returners) who wish to apply themselves in an IT career in top companies that might otherwise be difficult to get into.

Cons

When you start working at FDM (as a grad) you are required to be geo-flexible within the UK and you are obliged to work on behalf of FDM for two years on a below market salary. Both of these are to be expected and not really a con, as you are told about it before signing the dotted line. However, beware of pushy account managers who try to push you into any job whether or not it is aligned with your skills or aspirations. I've had a couple of clashes with account managers that have tried to compel me into going for admin heavy roles despite my previous experience and desire to upskill. Essentially, it appears that their reward system is set up so that they get something for putting you in a role no matter your expressed preferences or whether this role helps you to develop career wise. I would also say that once on site, you are essentially left to get on with it. If you find yourself in a difficult placement, you may find it hard to get out of it, unless your contract ends or there are some other mitigating circumstances.

FDM Group2020-01-22

"Do not go to FDM"

1.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Leeds, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay for travel

Cons

Oppressive - you lack any freedom on where you are placed and once you realise FDM is not a fit for you then you are threatened to pay £15,000. Managers are also very unsympathetic even if you have mental health issues. You are not a human but a number for the employer and also Account managers lie so much it’s unbelievable. FDM clients are also lied to as FDM consultants are marketed has been experienced when most are just recent graduates. The company takes advantage of desperate graduates and forces them to serve 2 years it’s like a prison sentence.

FDM Group2020-02-09

"Look after their consultants"

5.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I find that FDM have done an excellent job looking after me and making sure that I get the best treatment and experience on client site. They will help you if you ask them to and are understanding, kind and fair when dealing with issues. They also help you get your foot in the door of many different big companies, and are a great support and base when a placement ends. The security of knowing you will have somewhere to upskill and still be getting paid is great.

Cons

Sometimes different functions are difficult to reach, the basic salary is extremely low, especially when you are 3rd+ year, to the point it is almost impossible to afford to live if your placement ends suddenly.

FDM Group2019-12-17
  10. "Fdm"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at FDM Group full-time

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Un paid training for 3 months

FDM Group2020-02-08