FDM Group Employee Reviews about "blue chip companies"

Updated Oct 21, 2021

Found 125 of over 2,538 reviews

3.3
FDM Group CEO, Founder, and Director Rod Flavell
Rod Flavell
1,143 Ratings
Pros
  • "List of clients includes blue chip companies(in 125 reviews)

• "Good chance of landing roles with blue chip companies with fewer obstacles along the way(in 90 reviews)

• Cons
  • "More support from account managers(in 211 reviews)

• "2 year contract which make you no choice to leave(in 141 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

112.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=FDM Group~234827
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "blue chip companies"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Work hard in training, reap the benefits

Jul 12, 2021 - IT Junior Project Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Substantial blue chip client base with constant demand. Thorough training, what you make of it and how hard you work will determine your experience.

Cons

Be clear on which academy you are applying through and where you will be for training, travel bursaries won't cover all costs. Have to be flexible on location but your academy location will narrow that down. 3 fails on a module will result in your release so work hard!

FDM Group Response

Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and provide tips for other candidates. We hope the experience you are gaining at FDM will lead to great opportunities in the future! Kind regards, FDM Group

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Introduction to big firms

Oct 21, 2021 - Data Engineer Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Introduced to blue chip companies - Gives you opportunities graduates wouldnt have with companies - Personal view it has been great - worked with an exceptional account manager before she left

Cons

-salary (lower than the average) -bonus's (limited) -holidays (only 20 days)

3. 4.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Good initial graduate roles

Sep 29, 2021 - Data Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Can get you into blue chip companies - great industry insights

Cons

- low relative pay - stuck in 2 year contract

4. 2.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Graduate programme

Sep 29, 2021 - Project Support Officer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Chance to work with blue chip companies Training

Cons

Pay is not competitive Working for FTSE 250 companies but at lower salary than if you were to be employed by company directly. FDM take a huge cut Unpaid training Contract clauses unclear

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, was able to help me land my dream job

Jun 11, 2021 - Business Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training Blue chip companies Managed to get a job during a difficult period Great mentoring scheme

Cons

Pay No Benefits Delay in receiving travel reimbursements Potentially may have to work for an industry you may dislike No choice in location

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Career Starter - A Foot in the Door

May 30, 2021 - IT Technical Consultant in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great client base - FDM is a company with a global reputation. There are plenty of opportunities to work with blue chip companies and other big clients. They provided me with the perfect ‘foot in the door’ client which I loved working for and offered me a job after my time with FDM. FDM also paid for additional training for me to meet the growing needs of the client, which was incredibly valuable for my career. If I was to go back to the start of my career, I’d still go through FDM. Even with all the stress and uncertainty, it’s allowed me to begin my career in software development which was invaluable. I’m now the lead software developer at the client I was placed with.

Cons

Lack of support and communication from account managers. Though I didn’t need regular contact, it often felt like I’d been forgotten about. The two year contract was a big negative but the time did fly surprisingly fast. The requirement for geo-flexibility was also a big negative - it was hard initially to make short term plans due to the fact of not knowing where you’d be placed. It was sometimes hinted during the recruitment process that you would normally be placed with a client near to where you live but that is not true. I live in Manchester but in my first few weeks I had interviews with clients in Bournemouth, London and Sheffield. The unpaid training was tough financially and mentally. However when I finally landed my placement (after four months of no pay) FDM were very helpful and allowed me to receive me first pay in advance.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Flexibility is key

Jun 2, 2021 - Business Analyst in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Blue chip clients and exposure

Cons

They force you to work on any project which wants to hire you

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Leader in quality and delivering excellence

Apr 23, 2021 - Account Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- genuine commitment to diversification in the workforce highlighted with the ex forces and returners to work recruitment programs. - FTSE250 company in their own right and work with some fantastic blue chip clients - Operate in over 30 sectors giving consultants a fantastic breadth of experience and variety in work.

Cons

- Aren't able to guarantee where you will be working but this is very much the nature of any consultant role and FDM are transparent on this from the start of the process and throughout.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Ex Forces Advanced Programme

Mar 26, 2021 - Project Manager/Scrum Master in Glasgow, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am in my 4th Year with FDM, and the experience so far has been fantastic. The training and mentoring I received was excellent. When you are finished with a placement there are options to upskill in whatever field you want in order to get more experience and to go back out on site better prepared. The Ex-Forces Instructors are superb as expected have helped me along my journey so far with the company. The real bonus for me is because I live in Central Scotland, I do not have to go to client’s sites more than an hour away from my home. The odd exception may occur, I had to travel to England once in my second placement. All expenses however paid for by the client. COVID has shown me that Ex Forces are well thought off in the company and most given great projects to work on within the company when not on client site during the Pandemic. FDM is a great steppingstone for those looking to move onto a Blue-Chip Company in the future. FDM gives you the tools and experience as well as the foot in the door which other companies could not give me. Onsite with clients there is always a current or Ex FDM consultant who can help and mentor you while you are there, and the account managers and Ex forces Instructors are also always there to help. This may not be for everybody, but I have found that you get what you put into the job. I would recommend FDM to anyone looking to make the jump into the IT/Financial/Private or Public sector

Cons

Better base rate.... But the onsite pay more than makes up for it.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ex-Forces Advanced Project Management Career experience

Mar 25, 2021 - FDM Ex Forces Recruitment for Project Management in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Will help you develop a new career and reach a client base and level you may struggle to reach on your own when leaving the Armed Forces. A great start to a career in Project Management or top tier consultancy. People who can understand your transferable skills and help you develop latent talents or reshape your behaviour for the working environment. Good CV addition working for a FTSE250 Blue chip servicing senior clients.

Cons

The model can be hard for service leavers to understand as it isnt what they are used to.

1 person found this review helpful