FNZ Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated 9 Dec 2020

FNZ Group CEO     Adrian Durham
Adrian Durham
Pros
  • "Fast-paced working environment where staff are constantly challenged(in 53 reviews)

• "Hard working individuals contribution is fully recognised(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "They could offer more opportunities for a better work-life balance(in 21 reviews)

• "Long hours are expected but if you invest in what you are doing this is often a choice you would naturally make(in 19 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews

"Excellent organisation to work for with lots of career opportunities"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in London, England

I have been working at FNZ full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment with lots of career opportunities for those who want it. Hard work and dedication is recognised. Friendly and welcoming environment.

Cons

It is not always easy, but it is certainly worth it.

2. "Fast paced, progressive company"

Current Employee - Analyst Tester in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FNZ full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people Fast paced which provides great opportunity for learning Global presence Diverse organisation

Cons

Benefits and salary could be better

3. "Fast Paced Global Industry Leader"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FNZ full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

FNZ is the industry leader in its field globally and is an amazing company to work for. I have been in FNZ for over 8 years and have been given the opportunity to grow my career and help to shape what the future of FNZ looks like. This is something that is very rare in business in modern times so if you are looking to really drive your career and put all your energy into it, then you will be rewarded and recognised for that commitment. FNZ is a fast paced place to work and yes there can be long hours involved depending on what projects or roles you are involved in but this allows you to really stamp your mark on the work you undertake. The company is very flexible and has a very clear commitment to supporting its employees through good times and bad, so for example, there are wellbeing sessions including yoga and breathing / mindfulness sessions weekly to support mental health. FNZ is a large family , you are not just a number as is the case in large corporate environments and everyone looks out for each other and willing to help when required. I always wondered in 2020 if i could find a "job for life" and in FNZ i have found my "employer for life".

Cons

Working hours can be long yes, but the very fact you can drive your own career path turns this from a con into a pro.

4. COVID-19

"Global Fintech that feels like a local family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FNZ full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people who are dedicated to what they do Fantastic opportunities to expand your knowledge, experience and get involved in helping shape the future of the business Ahead of the curve with business plans to support remote working through Covid Clear commitment to supporting employee's mental health and wellbeing including weekly yoga and breathing/mindfulness sessions Ability to be your true self with active working groups supporting Diversity & Inclusion for all Great initiatives coming through to support Manager and career development Ambitious company with exciting growth plans ahead

Cons

Ambitious company which means it can be very fast paced at times

Continue reading

"Learned a lot, but not somewhere I would recommend"

Former Employee - Investment Operations Officer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at FNZ full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A very fast-paced enviornment. This is definitely not a career path for everyone. However, because it's such a fast-paced environment you can learn a lot of skills in a short space of time. - Overtime pay (even for graduates). - Direct SQL work (although you are often given the responsibility of teaching it to yourself).

Cons

- The volume of work does not decrease. The prevailing message across teams is that "things will get better", yet it does not happen. Team members leave and are not replaced, and because the company is so focused on acquiring other companies, the volume of work only increases. - Everyone in the company is too busy to train others. Training plans do not exist, and it could even be that someone who joined the company a few months ago is given the responsibility of teaching a new-start. - No induction for graduates. - A real lack of forward-planning.

6. "Fast paced"

Current Employee - Senior Officer in Edinburgh, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FNZ full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Never bored as a fast paced environment Able to progress in career Overtime pay

Cons

No bonus incentives Hours can be long

7. "Great place to work with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FNZ full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced with lots of opportunity to personally develop. Opportunity to work with excellent and experienced staff with everyone striving to achieve desired outcomes.

Cons

Long hours can be expected, benefits (holidays, ability to buy holidays, performance management etc) behind industry peers.

FNZ Response

May 18, 2020FNZ Team

Thanks for taking the time to feedback. It’s very pleasing to hear about the positive experience you’ve had during your time at FNZ. We’re really proud of the culture and working environment we've built across the organisation and it's great to hear that you've thrived. You also correctly point to the ability for colleagues to quickly make a positive impact on the business and the vast array of opportunities available to develop your career across a wide range of disciplines. It’s great to hear that this environment suits you so well. We recognise that FNZ has a unique environment which is fast paced and dynamic. As a result, we want to take the time to describe our culture and to identify the types of people we think will grow within the organisation. Please feel free to share your thoughts and vision on how we continue to make FNZ a great place to work through your line manager, local HR representatives or the global management team. Thanks again for your feedback.

"Endless Opportunity"

Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at FNZ full-time for more than a year

Pros

FNZ is an innovative organisation that provides endless opportunity to those that seek it. Global leader in the wealth tech space. The future outlook for FNZ is very positive with rapid growth and expansion in multiple countries. Fast-paced working environment where staff are constantly challenged. You're never bored at FNZ.

Cons

As a fast-paced organisation, working hours can often be long and irregular.

9. "Dynamic ambitious company with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FNZ full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fast paced and varied work. Lots of interesting projects, and with a broad role remit on all roles you get to have the opportunity to learn technologies and how the financial services world works at a detailed level. The people make FNZ a fantastic place to work. People are supportive and helpful. Being part of a good team really helps when the work gets tough, and the satisfaction of delivering big platforms after a long journey is really great. Opportunities for career progression are exceptionally good at FNZ, and it's a great place for career growth and learning new skills.

Cons

It's not a 9-5 job. Overtime and weekend work is common. Personally I don't have an issue with that aspect, but for some people this will be a challenge.

FNZ Response

May 18, 2020FNZ Team

First of all thank you for taking the time to comment. We really appreciate your balanced opinion and your suggestions on areas where we can improve. It's really pleasing to hear you call out some of the positive elements of your role at FNZ. This certainly is consistent with much of the feedback we hear from colleagues across the business. It’s also worth noting that these opportunities will remain very much in place as we continue to grow and develop the business moving forward. As you mentioned, it is hard work at times, as is the case with most successful fast growth companies, but highly rewarding for those who seek to challenge themselves and progress their careers. As always, we'd welcome the opportunity to discuss any of your feedback with you further. Thank you again.

"Fast Paced company with great opportunities"

5.0
    Current Employee - Graduate Self-Invested Administration Officer - IDP in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FNZ full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast Paced and growing company, so a very interesting place to work. Young and modern culture so as a graduate I found it easy to fit in. Great balance between well structured training and being given independence.

Cons

Occasionally longer hours expected, however these are accounted for in pay.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 English Reviews