FNZ Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 23 Dec 2020

4.1
FNZ Group CEO     Adrian Durham
Adrian Durham
Pros
  • "Fast-paced working environment where staff are constantly challenged(in 53 reviews)

• "Hard working individuals contribution is fully recognised(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "They could offer more opportunities for a better work-life balance(in 21 reviews)

• "Long hours are expected but if you invest in what you are doing this is often a choice you would naturally make(in 19 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Employer"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at FNZ full-time for less than a year

Pros

Approachable and encouraging management.

Cons

They could offer more opportunities for a better work-life balance.

2. "okay"

Current Employee - Investment Operations in Dundee, Scotland

I have been working at FNZ full-time

Pros

good work life balance, environment

Cons

poor training, repetitive, they do not invest in their employee

3. COVID-19

"Vile company, Grim outlook, dont bother."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at FNZ full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I cannot think of a single pro, I think it would be preferable to smash my face into a window.

Cons

Horrible work-life balance. In the current climate with COVID-19 are letting staff go without no rationale. Aging staff and office outlook. The company expects you to bend over backward in order to accommodate their ignorance and idiocy. Lack of real direction. The company has little to nothing to offer other than a rather lacking salary compared to work output. I would rather contract COVID-19 than work for this company again.

FNZ Response

May 18, 2020FNZ Team

We are sorry to hear that you felt your 3-4 years at FNZ was not up to your expectations. We aim to provide a great experience for all of our team members and would have welcomed the opportunity to have discussed any concerns you may have had in more detail. We wish you every success in the future and hope that your next career move is a successful one.

4. "Challenging & Quick Growing Company"

Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FNZ full-time for less than a year

Pros

Challenging and fast paced environment but plenty of opportunities Good work life/balance Business expanding rapidly Salary Location & offices Lots of training opportunities

Cons

Benefits could definitely be expanded, in particular a saving plan would be useful Longer working hours and unstructured environment

5. "Fast paced and brilliant team work"

Current Employee - Self-Invested Administration Officer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FNZ full-time for less than a year

Pros

- constantly learning - Team work and help is always spot on - career development - managers are easy to talk to with regular catch ups - made to feel welcome quickly - flexible - very fast pace (both a pro and con) - encourage work/life balance, though when deadlines are close this can become more on the work side

Cons

- some work is repetitive - some time organisation isn't the greatest but this is few and far between

"An excellent place to create an exciting and dynamic career"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FNZ full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A truly exciting place to work. FNZ embrace good quality people who want to go somewhere with their career. The diverse opportunities on offer to you, if you want to make a career at FNZ, is a massive positive. I have been supported throughout my career at FNZ in a number of different role from entry level to senior manager level. People are passionate about their work and what they do, which is clearly seen in the number of people that stay at FNZ. The growth rate speaks volumes of well FNZ have done but this is all under pinned by the people that strive to be the best they possibly can be and in turn make FNZ what it is. Work life balance like with any company is what you make of it. There is flexibility when you need it but like anything you get out what you put in. The opportunities on offer to work across the world enables you to experience the world while making a career.

Cons

Like any job, with any company, you can have bad days but the face paced nature of the company means the bad days are quickly a thing of the past.

Continue reading

"A challenging, dynamic and market leading company."

5.0
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at FNZ full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- FNZ is a young company which is rapidly growing and supporting international blue chip companies and their customers achieve their goals within investments and pensions. - The structure of the organisation is relatively flat and allows you to carve your own career and also be able to influence and make a difference in your own job. - There are many opportunities to grow and develop within the company and FNZ supports is staff to achieve the best that they can both in their own role and also offer great relocation options for those who wish to work abroad. - Everyone helps each other and is willing to assist when there are problems to solve or deadlines to meet. The staff really make the company the market leader it is and every single employee has an interest in ensuring FNZ continues to grow and be the success story it has become. - Flexible working culture – not your usual 9 to 5. Whilst there may be long hours (as there is in most companies today), FNZ offers flexibility to your job as there is a work / life balance to take account of. - High performance is rewarded and encouraged.

Cons

- If you are looking for a structured and constant 9 to 5 job, then FNZ is not for you. FNZ is a fluid business and fast changing and therefore will not suit everyone. - Deadlines are challenging BUT are reflective of the industry that FNZ works in. Those that thrive with challenging and tight deadlines will find FNZ fantastic to work for.

"The company is a big success story, but with growing pains"

2.0
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FNZ full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work life balance because I have taken control of how I work.

Cons

Severely under resourced company which means we cant deliver the work we commit to clients

Continue reading

"Worked 6 months and saw 4 people come and go in that time. Says it all."

Administrative Assistant in London, England

I worked at FNZ for less than a year

Pros

Salary is good compared to other similar companies

Cons

Work life balance is non existent No overtime No gratitude Management are not open to change or suggestions Little to no procedures in place

FNZ Response

February 5, 2019FNZ Team

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's pleasing to hear you felt well remunerated during your time at FNZ. We also understand that FNZ has a unique environment which is fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic which doesn’t suit everyone. As a result, we take the time to describe our culture and to identify the types of people we think will thrive within the company as part of the assessment process. It’s unfortunate neither party found the right match on this occasion. We do agree that listening to and valuing our staff’s opinion is crucial. We’ve in fact recently completed our regular staff survey which has uncovered a number of positive themes and areas for improvement which we’ll continue to focus on throughout 2019. We wish you the best of luck for the future.

"Be very careful!"

1.0

I worked at FNZ full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some great people, very dedicated and a small group of genuine industry experts. Actual office environment is decent and most folk are very friendly in a "we're all in this together" kind of way. Cereal, tea and coffee on tap which helps.

Cons

Where to start. Firstly be really careful about the glowing reviews - I've not met anybody in my time with FNZ who would right a review like those that appear here. This includes the lifers who've been there since day zero. Even those who stick at it are honest about the troubles FNZ has, I'm afraid too many reviews here smell of desperation and are almost certainly false. This should worry you. The issues are pretty straight forward and unfortunately becoming well known in the client market. Never had a company promised so much and delivered so little. Over commitment on projects and an almost delusional capacity to under resource results in an incredibly challenging delivery environment. Regardless of where you work in FNZ you will spend most days in fire fighting mode. Work / life balance is an enter so struggle. The expectation of some senior management is suited to the sweat shop rather than a modern, functioning business. As a company they've grown so quickly but working practices are incredibly immature. To anyone who is considering a role with FNZ please just take time to read reviews across this site. They sell the dream but the reality is a long way from what is told during recruitment.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 English Reviews