FTD Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1
FTD CEO John C. Walden
John C. Walden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good company, progressive company, emphasis on work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Great people, the bosses are great (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible customer service system (in 14 reviews)

• Ran like a call center in the worse ways possible (in 10 reviews)

1. "Hard working company . Satisfation .strive for a perfect smile on a perfert day delivering hsppinedd"

Former Employee - Florist Cast Member in South Wirral, England
    Former Employee - Florist Cast Member in South Wirral, England

I worked at FTD part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pleasing super service bringing happiness and joy through the love of flowrrs

Cons

Large company lots of communication involved ..customers are not alway polite

Advice to Management

Appreciate the little workers

2. "Seasonal Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Seasonal Customer Service Representative in Centerbrook, CT (US)

I worked at FTD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was very nice and helpful, it is a good place for temporary work especially if you need some extra money.

Cons

Very boring, you can't be on your phone and even if you are not getting calls cannot browse the internet or anything. You just have to sit and wait for a call.

3. "Transformational Growth Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at FTD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-fast paced environment
    -e-Commerce company going through transformation
    -entrepreneurial/agile/individual contributor culture
    -growth opportunities

Cons

-stock price

4. "Core CSR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at FTD part-time

Pros

Very fun environment! SOme of the funniest and nicest people I've met work here including managers! I love how there's always a supervisor/tenure agent to talk too by calling assist. I also do like the VTO option because some days you need it. It's an absolute pleasure to help customers to the best of my ability and several have told me how appreciative they are I helped them out; the systems are extremely easy.

Cons

Pay. Only $12 an hour and with no increase; and bonuses are only like $100 some; and some times surprises. Like a few days ago I saw management setting up card boards because they are supposedly doing interviews even though they told us they aren't. AND THEY"RE RIGHT IN FRONT OF WHERE I WORK!

Advice to Management

Payroll increases! We work really hard and as well as keep us in the loop of what's going on .

5. "field rep"

I worked at FTD full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

company car, benefits, not a lot of industry competition

Cons

lack of vision and leadership, not customer focused

"No Upward Mobility for Best Performers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL (US)

I worked at FTD (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good culture. Easy to work environment.

Cons

No matter how impressively I can deliver, how good reviews I receive from managers, I have been staying at the same position for more than 5 years. No salary increase or minimal increase. This is one of the worst trap for middle-of-career professionals

Advice to Management

Try keep restructure to minimal.

30 Mar 2018

We’re happy to hear you enjoyed the culture at FTD. Culture is so important; that’s why we’re putting even more effort this year into creating a work environment our team members can enjoy and be... More

7. "Calling all Favorites"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at FTD part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Schedule flexibility, great peers and TEAM leads.

Cons

I've been working for this company for over 9 years and I'm still not a core employee. Management plays favorites and I get the bad end of the stick. I have good reviews and scores, my team leads love me but people who have been around for a few months have gotten core before me. I have asked about it and they have given me the worst excuses for why I'm not a core employee. It's like a high school and everyone has their cliques. If you're not IN, you're not in. And you can't go to HR because they're apart of it....

Advice to Management

Try giving a little back. I don't leave because I love the environment and the people. But I feel unappreciated and "left behind"

"Employee seeking advancement"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in La Jolla, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in La Jolla, CA (US)

I have been working at FTD part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for this company. I love helping people the best way I can. This is a very well structured company and I want to advance

Cons

The only downside is not working full time.

30 Mar 2018

We’re happy to hear that you’re enjoying your experience with FTD! As a CSR, you have the unique opportunity to directly connect with our customers; as such, you’re one of our biggest brand... More

"It's a hot mess"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at FTD full-time

Pros

Pay is good. Certain teams/co-workers are really fantastic. New leadership is truly willing to make big changes.

Cons

Where to start? The loss of incredibly talented people over the last 3 years has left the company in a vulnerable position, there are so few people who understand the business that it feels like we are starting from scratch and wasting tons of time...except we're public and have major profitability pressures, not some start-up that can screw up to learn. Amazing talent has either not been replaced at all or some replaced with much lower quality or lower level folks.

New exec team has potential, but right now no one talks to each other, it doesn't seem like there is alignment on the details, which causes TONS of stress, frustration, meetings, powerpoints, etc. If the senior team could get on the same page, it would make life for the rest of the teams infinitely better.

The company has been adding VPs and SVPs rather than manager level folks that can DO the work. Teams are strapped, working insane hours. Meanwhile, the new leaders that have been hired over the last several months are most definitely cut from a different cloth than original Provide execs. It's more political, more dreamy and less realistic or down to earth.

There is potential for the outcome over the next several years, but the path to get there is going to be brutal, unsustainable and generally awful for anyone below Exec level.

Advice to Management

Please be realistic about where we are today and expedite the resources we need for the future

30 Mar 2018

We’re glad to hear you’re happy with pay and that you enjoy working with your coworkers, which is just as important! We all play an important role in FTD’s success, and you’re right – it will take a... More

10. "hr"

I worked at FTD full-time

Pros

Great People and Great Company History

Cons

Little Direction as a company

Advice to Management

Make the hard decisions

30 Mar 2018

We’re happy to hear you feel the team members at FTD are great – we couldn’t agree more! We’re also proud of our rich history and family of brands. We recently kicked off a multi-year strategy that... More