Facebook Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mark Zuckerberg
1,253 Ratings

1,574 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance: pressure to move fast (in 170 reviews)

• I suppose one could be that most teams work long hours (in 45 reviews)

1. "People Based Company"

Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England
    Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England

Pros

Being part of a company that is helping connect the world, not just people but connecting and growing businesses. You are surrounded by not only some of the most innovative intelligent people, but people that want you to succeed which develops a very supportive environment. Great benefits, growth and career opportunities (globally not just in the US)

Cons

Most roles are Full Time (5 days a week) due to the teams being lean. Limited options for those looking for 3/4 day positions.

Advice to Management

Teams are lean - You need to be able to Manager and develop your team but also be hands on.

"Amazing opportunity to impact the world"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Top talent not just in engineering but across the company in all areas. The culture is very inspiring and motivating and keeps me excited every single day. On top of that I get to work on problems on a scale that is hard to find anywhere else in the world.

Cons

Being able to choose the way you have impact on Facebook's mission is very liberating but also imposes a lot of pressure on every single individual. You have to prove every half that you are worth the investment Facebook makes into its people.

The London office certainly has a smaller selection of teams than California. And knowing that you would make significantly more money across the pond is also awkward.

Advice to Management

Be bolder. In the last months we seem to be too scared of rubbing people the wrong way. We shouldn't back down from things we know are the right things to do.

3. "Great Culture and great products"

Current Employee - Partner Technical Lead in London, England
    Current Employee - Partner Technical Lead in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation, Mission, People, Culture and Product. We can also add awesome offices location and perks.

Cons

It can be pretty easy to lose track of reality. Sadly the vast majority of companies don't offer the same environment.

5. "Incredible company raising the bar when it comes to taking care of employees"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

Working with the smartest people
    A vision led company
    All the food!
    The benefits package
    Competitive comp
    International opportunities

Cons

There are honestly very few. Facebook is a growing company and that runs the risk of losing its culture

Advice to Management

Keep teams small and lean. Continue to recognise individual achievement. Don't rest on your laurels!

6. "Awesome colleagues"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Facebook (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm learning a lot from the people I work with, both technical and soft skills.

Cons

Large company, teams doing overlapping work across timezones. Difficult to coordinate.

Advice to Management

Keep coaching your reports so we can keep improving

7. "Great corporate vision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great smart people
    Great perks
    Great diversity
    Free food
    Management moves fast and react fast
    Open culture and code

Cons

Some smart people can be rather snobbish
    Actually heard "what's ROI" from a engineer
    Disconnect from Eng vs rest

Advice to Management

Run a mini-business course during boot camp and a mini-Eng course for business side. It's not a eng vs business. Reorganization are scary if not handled properly.

8. "Amazing"

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

It was amazing! there is so to do and the only thing is, they have really god pay for the job do. I highly rate it!

Cons

There is non. honestly the best company i have ever been to and worked at. highly recommend this amazing work place

9. "Feels like joining an elite squad of super engineers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Facebook hires comparable to the best talent I've worked with in the industry, with regards to smarts -- but also with at least a modicum of social skills :)

Enormous opportunity to influence business direction, chase after your own ideas, and really stretch yourself to your fullest potential.

Almost everything that should be provided is, without lengthy approval processes, unparalleled trust in employees at all levels (you don't need to be a bigwig to get perks).

Employees are empowered to build anything, any app, service, feature. If you are a big fan of autonomy and self-driven growth, Facebook is the place to go.

Managers don't bark orders or give commands, but spend the vast majority of their time as a support role, and encouraging leadership between engineers.

Cons

Can be intimidating at times, and coworkers definitely work a lot. Perhaps similarly to startups where everyone is motivated. You have to set your own work-life balance, but flexibility exists to allow you to do so (you never feel intimidated to have to work long hours, it's more of a self-motivation question).

10. "Fantastic company to work for"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in London, England
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in London, England

Pros

I absolutely loved my time at Facebook. I was lucky enough to work with talented, passionate, knowledgeable people who were super supportive and friendly. You're positively encouraged to express your ideas and trusted to work autonomously. The work is challenging and interesting and the social aspect is great too; there's always something to get involved with should you want to. They provide free breakfast, lunch and dinner which is pretty amazing. Despite contracts running 11 months (which sucks) they actively stay in contact / try and find way of getting great people to stay / come back. The hours are long - but no longer than any other job I've had in London and the rewards and job satisfaction are well worth it.

Cons

Hard for me to find any cons, but if pushed would say lack of headcount.

"Very much depends on your life choices"

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

Incredible resources and working environment. Working with bright and energetic people. Good packages and opportunity to become wealthy via shares. Leadership at all levels is inspirational.

Cons

No work-life balance. Whilst team environment is outwardly supportive and collaborative there is a low tolerance for non-compliance to existing working culture. Can be highly parochial. High pressure to achieve targets.

Advice to Management

Define roles better - especially important as the company grows.

Showing 1,574 of 1,900 reviews