Facebook Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated 28 Jun 2020

4.4
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg
Pros
  • "I mean free food tastes so much better than non-(in 364 reviews)

• "Lots of smart people to work with(in 294 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be challenging depending on your team(in 397 reviews)

• "No cons that I can think of at this time(in 87 reviews)

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "-"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

Good salary, free food, great culture

Cons

Kinda stressful, it can be challenging

"Incredible Place to Work"

Current Employee - Data Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to work with the smartest people, the best tools and the most amount of data whilst influencing billions of people. Also the perks like free food and travel are pretty good!

Cons

It's so fast pace that it's always intense, the documentation gets left behind and there's a focus on getting things done reasonably well but not always perfectly

3. "Great but challenging"

4.0
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary, stock, perks, free food, great office, smart and nice people

Cons

Challenging, poor WLB, high stress,

"Great place to learn. Hard place to live"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great compensation. - Free food and live like in a Disneyland. - Super smart colleagues with cutting the edge tech stacks.

Cons

Really stressful review processing. High pressure on the work performance review.

5. "Great benefits spoiled by a bad manager"

4.0
    Former Contractor - User Experience Researcher in London, England

I worked at Facebook for less than a year

Pros

- World-changing work - Free food - Lots of clubs to get involved in - Lots of systems in place to make logistics easier

Cons

- People are very busy being busy and you really have to fight for a moment of their time - Some managers (including mine) are extremely hands of and do nothing to create a team environment/collaboration

Continue reading

"It doesn't get better than this"

Current Employee - Partner Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Free food - Great comp - Smart people - Amazing offices - Great career plan

Cons

- Your manager can make or break your experience. I've heard from people that have terrible managers and it honestly feels like they work for a different company, their stories are so different from mine. - Bi-yearly review cycles are very tiresome and drive everyone into short-sighted decisions about prioritization.

Continue reading

"Stay Away from Product Solutions Manager / Solutions Architect"

Current Employee - Product Solutions Manager in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Experience working at a big American company - Travel - Free food and snacks - Some people from other teams seem to be happy as long as they have a good manager (not easy)

Cons

- ‎ Zero growth opportunities and promotions - ‎ Not many other roles to move to internally - ‎ Weak leadership, allows bullying and bias (global issue) - Toxic environment

"Some hard work needed"

Former Employee - Technical Sourcer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Perks: gym coverage, free food, health insurance, snacks (maybe that's a con, I gained loads), public transport pass coverage (you'll need it) * I've worked with some of the nicest and most engaged hiring managers here that helped solve recruiting challenges * Recruiting tools are literally the best in the business.

Cons

* The pressure to perform is insane; hitting my target + delivering on projects was just barely enough to get a meets all during the perf cycle * Roles are becoming increasingly small and marginalised as the team continues to scale. As a result, you see people jumping (literally) on to projects to set themselves apart from the rest of the team. It makes for a bit of a cut-throat culture just around the time when PSC hits * If you're interviewing at facebook, prepare for a ride with R4R - they'll probably won't speak to you again after you've signed the contract * While there are exceptions, the culture in the recruiting team is just weird. It sort of reminds me of high school. There's cliques, people gossip and there's for sure a couple of bullies: either people wouldn't even say a word to you or would go out of their way to make you feel like you're weird or different (to be honest, that also included my manager). * Ads Credits & being forced to dog-food beta apps: I'm a huge instagram fan and big user - so being forced to update my apps multiple times a day was a nightmare. * The perks are nice but salary/bonus are nothing to write home about: base is somewhat competitive but expect around 85-90% of the bonus you're promised in your offer letter.

Continue reading

"Good compensation and a lot of stress"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Free food - Reasonable pay - Party budget - 25 quids per person, you can use it freely - Travel with business class - Health, Dental, Life insurance - You can work on difficult problems with very high impact - You touching things used by you and plenty of people on earth. - You can meet Mark

Cons

- Around half of management is not capable to point any of their failures or if they do then the failures is caused not because of their mistake. - Common parent-child relationships, causing top to down direction. - Independence is when you can replicate your manager in 100% same way and not when you can accomplish your targets with no supervision in any legit way - No tolerance for making any mistakes. You can get constant punishment if you do not do things *exactly* according to your tech lead/manager’s idea. - Big percentage of people who like talking about themselves. - Too much focus on impact. Ignoring people relations and good engineering. This constantly bring problems which could be avoided. But then managers are happy, because they subordinates have more problems, so they can have more impact.

Continue reading

"Awesome perks, awful engineering"

2.0
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, first class flights to the US, free gadgets and lots and lots of swag. Very complex and difficult problems to solve (mainly self inflicted due to the lack of good endineering practices).

Cons

My experience is in the enterprise engineering org. * Very individualistic mindset, team is only the logo on the swag you get. * Several years of unattended spaghetti engineering that nobody dares to handle, but someone has to maintain (and get burnt doing so). * Awful oncalls due to the horrible engineering practices and mountains of tech debt. * Blame showers during incident reviews (and incident triaging). * Over the fence handovers. Fake promises by recruiters, lack of leadership. * Walls between orgs for transfers and artificial, per-org devopment limitations. It's better to leave and reinterview with a chance of getting better offer than trying to move internally (and still going through the interviews) and getting your level frozen for a year. There's some efforts to improve engineering practices, but get smudged and diluted by the lack of will and understanding from the leadership, and the lack of reward from the global org (doing two really crappy things gives you more performance review points than doing something with high quality, and/or refactoring any amount of the crappy things around).

Found 254 reviews