Farfetch Reviews

3.9
Farfetch CEO José Neves
José Neves
  1. Featured Review

"A place of endless opportunity"

Current Employee - Business Finance Manager in London, England

I have been working at Farfetch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Great exposure to front of fashion and tech innovation *Wealth of co-worker knowledge and experience to learn from and adapt *Many interesting projects to dive into in all fields weather in data, tech, fashion, commercial or editorial *Can gain a deep understanding of how a large but still start up mentality company operates

Cons

*Due to fast growth and expansion you may need to seek your area of expertise rather than be guided to it (both a pro and a con as you are open to deciding you're own career progression with showing initiative going a long way).

May 25, 2020Global Employer Brand Executive

We love reading your feedback - thank you! It's great to hear about the wealth of knowledge, learning and exposure you have gained as part of the Farfetch team. We also understand your constructive feedback - at Farfetch, we believe development is owned by the Farfetcher and we're empowering all of our people to own their careers and thrive!

2. "Dynamic and fast-paced with an emphasis on well-being"

5.0

I have been working at Farfetch full-time

Pros

A fast-paced environment which suits me well. Farfetch is constantly moving and it's an exciting environment. Management are brilliant in my team, they care about the individual and have but a big emphasis on team well-being and mental health. Good progression and clear goals.

Cons

It's a huge company so sometimes it takes a while for communication regarding bigger decisions to trickle down but I think it's something the business are aware of and trying to change.

April 23, 2020Global Employer Brand Executive

We really appreciate your feedback - thank you! We're proud of our dynamic and exciting working environment, our brilliant management team and our focus on well-being and career development. These all things which we'll continue to build on and champion. And yes, you're right - communication is definitely something we're working to improve through our various internal communications channels and business-wide updates. Watch this space for more to come!

3. "Dont practice what they preach"

2.0
    Former Employee - IT Worker
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Farfetch full-time

Pros

Salary is in line with market rates.

Cons

Management is very weak, wont tell you what the issues are. Underhand methods to force workers to resign.

Continue reading
  4. "Great company, great people!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Innovation in London, England

I have been working at Farfetch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced, exciting company, working with great people!

Cons

Unclear career opportunities, you need to feel ambiguity as an opportunity

July 29, 2020Global Employer Brand Executive

Thank you for your honest and valuable feedback. It's great to read your positive comments about our working environment and brilliant people. Regarding career development, we hope that our GO FAR framework will provide greater clarity and this will continue to be a focus for us moving forward. We work hard to provide the right tools and environment for success, but we do encourage every Farfetcher to own their own career and thrive.

5. "Diverse company and lovely culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Designer in London, England

I have been working at Farfetch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Diverse company and great working culture

Cons

Be prepared for long hours and overtime - although they do have flexible working

July 28, 2020Global Employer Brand Executive

Thanks for your review, we really value all the feedback we receive on Glassdoor which helps us to improve for the future. It's great to read your positive comments about our diverse and consciously inclusive culture. We're sorry to hear about your experience of long hours - we work hard to support every Farfetcher with flexible working opportunities to ensure a positive work-life balance.

"A Far-Fetched Experience"

1.0
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Farfetch full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Free breakfast. - Nice office location. - Decent enough tech stack. - Most of the team were lovely (excluding management).

Cons

- Bullying and toxicity from management. - Horrendous communication were you feel very much like a cog in a machine. - There was a misguided notion of a fast-paced environment to cover incompetent leadership. - Terrible stakeholders with no sense of direction. - HR non-existent unless you post on Glassdoor.

July 29, 2020Global Employer Brand Executive

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're pleased to receive some of your positive comments but we would like to immediately address your negative feedback. We're very sorry to hear about your experience. We have a zero tolerance approach to bullying or any form of discrimination. We understand you have now left the company but we would like to assure you that we take your feedback seriously and we will continue to work hard to provide every Farfetcher with a positive experience with us.

"It is an ok company"

2.0

I worked at Farfetch full-time

Pros

Nice people (Well, it really depends on which team you are in)

Cons

Poor breakfast. Low salary. Not organised.

May 25, 2020Global Employer Brand Executive

Thank you for your honest feedback. We truly believe that Farfetchers live our values every day and we often receive feedback about our brilliant people and culture, but we're sorry to hear this wasn't your experience with us. We hope you are happy in your new adventure!

8. "Incredible company to work for"

Current Employee - Group Treasurer in London, England

I have been working at Farfetch full-time for more than a year

Pros

companies values are really lived/ adhered to. forward thinking culture. great opportunities to develop and progress

Cons

given the maturity profile of the company and the pace of the business some processes are not in place resulting in more extra work. mixed talent.

April 23, 2020Global Employer Brand Executive

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! We are so proud of our culture and values which are lived by Farfetchers every day. We're also happy to hear your comments about our career development opportunities - we've been working hard to create the conditions for every Farfetcher to thrive. We understand your feedback around some of our business processes and we're continuing to focus on building the right foundations to enable our people to do their best work.

9. "The best place I work at"

Current Employee - Technical SEO Manager in London, England

I have been working at Farfetch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging tasks Great company culture Big projects Innovative and changing environment

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to find a compromise between different stakeholders due to a complex business model

April 23, 2020Global Employer Brand Executive

Wow, thank you for your amazing feedback! We truly feel that Farfetch is the best place to work if you want to challenge yourself and to make an impact on an entire industry, so we love to read your comments. We understand your feedback around our complex business model - we hope that by living our values #thinkglobal and #todosjuntos we can collaborate and work together to overcome this challenge.

10. "Incredible working environment"

Current Employee - Senior BI Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Farfetch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Farfetch care about their employees. As a company they go above and beyond to make sure their employees are of good health in and out of work.

Cons

Farfetch is a massive company with teams spread out all over the globe, probably with a lot of working overlap. Sometimes Farfetch struggle with global alignment, and it can be a challende

April 23, 2020Global Employer Brand Executive

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review. We put our people at the centre of everything we do, and now, more than ever, the health and well-being of Farfetchers is our main priority! As a global company, we obviously face some challenges, but we believe that we can easily overcome them when we work together and truly live our #ThinkGlobal value. We hope you continue to enjoy your happy journey with us.

Found 366 reviews