Farmfoods Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Eric Herd

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • staff discount, training & development, progression (in 28 reviews)

• Meeting new people everyday and gaining experience in such a busy atmosphere, 15% discount (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • 4 changes in store manager in the same time, and worked under 4 Area Managers also (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours, refused time off, denied holidays (in 12 reviews)

1. "It's amazing darling, you have no idea what work is about!!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Kirkby in Ashfield, England
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Kirkby in Ashfield, England

I have been working at Farmfoods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

training & development, promotion & development within our teams! Internal & external candidates, support & value of all Management on every level . Movement in the area for all staff etc, to develop where necessary. Solid understanding of the needs of their stores within every area possible.Managers manage their business, whom ever is involved! Team work!
    Ability to implement & share ideas , promotional possibilities are second to none!!!!

Cons

uniform provided, the trousers cut you like a knife! wash them at least 5 times before you wear them.

Advice to Management

Chins up & keep doing a grand job!

2. "job"

I worked at Farmfoods part-time

Pros

great staff and great management

Cons

I did not see any cons

Advice to Management

keep working as hard as you do.

3. "Over worked under paid"

I worked at Farmfoods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good name with team

Cons

Over worked under paid under appchiated from area manager

Advice to Management

Team meetings to connect with your team

5. "Customer Assistant"

I worked at Farmfoods part-time

Pros

Easy application and interview process

Cons

Low pay, low employee satisfaction, did not give legally required breaks

Advice to Management

Invest into employee morale

6. "Avoid"

Current Employee - Retail Assistant
    Current Employee - Retail Assistant

I have been working at Farmfoods part-time

Pros

Moneys OK if you over 25

Cons

The lack of hours fravoutism not getting paid for the xtra hours is you work breaks are rare higher management messing with your hours constantly changing and not allowing you to talk while working unless you are helping a customer to get something once done gotta zipp it

Advice to Management

Give better breaks better hours stop changing rota without giving notice

"Avoid working at all costs!! Expect to be work and treated very badly and little time off"

Former Employee - Retail Assistant in Derby, England
    Former Employee - Retail Assistant in Derby, England

I worked at Farmfoods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

15% Staff Discount, Good Staff Members In Stores, Annual Share Of Company Profits

Cons

Expect to be treated badly, little no staff atall, expect you to get everything done with minimum staff on shift and lack of hours, lack of progression, little time off between shifts

Advice to Management

I never know a company like a family runned business to go so downhill within few months. They was number of reasons i leaved this company one is because the way you get treated by higher management, you expect us to get everything done with minimal staff which you are losing customers to that, lack of hours and also lack of progression to better opportunity within the company. The company really needs big rethink on its own future and the way they treat their staff and stores too.

"No support too many games and unprofessional attitudes"

Current Employee - Store A Manager in Sheffield, England
    Current Employee - Store A Manager in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Farmfoods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am the wife of a store manager for Farmfoods, I am writing this review from a different perspective although from knowledge and history Farmfoods will not respond.
    The pros, money is ok but could be better for the high workloads, staff discount, flexiable working hours to fit around you

Cons

One on one all day and night, area managers unprofessional in their approach and manner, as a Store Manager you are expected to work through your break or not permitted to leave the store on your unpaid time and/or you can sit in your car in the car park. Due to staff constantly being cut you are working ridiculously long hours unpaid as a Store Mabsger however they will pay someone else to cover the store total madness!!! Leave home st 5.30am and don't get home until 9.30pm because you have no support from anywhere including your area manager to cover staff shortages. Loads of theft but still no security cameras put in place this includes robberies in store yet staff safety is not paramount to Farmfoods. Store manager held accountable for everything even when they are on holiday if something goes wrong. If you want no life join Farmfoids as you will stop seeing your family and move into the store you are managing . The constant cutting of staff makes the team insecure and leaves them pondering store closures

Advice to Management

You need to take care of your staff and stop worrying about profits, well rested staff produce a better quality of work it's proven!!! Stop cutting staff and expecting them to maintain the level of standards that 4 people should be doing in a morning not one in til and one stocking shelves then gave a go at the Store Manager because you cut their staff. Put better training in place and consistent training ing across all stores, my husband has worked in several stores for Farmfoods and nothing is fine the same way. Care about your staff and put their safety first not your pockets.

"Working at Farmfoods"

Former Employee - Shop Assistant in Northampton, England
    Former Employee - Shop Assistant in Northampton, England

I worked at Farmfoods part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

15% discount
    Friendly staff
    Leaving was the best thing I couldve done

Cons

In my two years working there I enjoyed it at first, however, when they changed management it all went downhill.
    The management treat you like crap
    I was the longest serving member of staff including managers but the managers still treated me like crap and they never gave me any respect
    Having to work late on Saturday nights
    Most of the time they made you miss your break but they'd still put it down on the system that you had your break so they get free work from you
    They treated you like a prisoner with some of the policies they had in place, there was no trust
    The manager was thick

Advice to Management

Treat your staff better and maybe they will work well for you

"Branch manager"

I have been working at Farmfoods full-time

Pros

some good people work here

Cons

Company will crap on you from a great height if your face doesn't fit. Your salary will depend on what your face looks like and how hard you can bargain. Company constantly change their goals and push them further afield every quarter, just when you think you're on top of everything they then change the goal post. Everything will be your fault, anything out of date or guideline that you have to throw is your fault, you should have seen into the future!

Advice to Management

I wouldn't bother unless you like working for free because you don't have the staff to finish the work and don't mind being talked down to like a child by the senior management.

"Farmfoods MDP Programme"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Troon, Scotland
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Troon, Scotland

I have been working at Farmfoods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff discount of 15%...... Rota 4 weeks in advance allows for work life balance planning........ On the job and E-learning training is second to none....... MDP Programme is first class. A comprehensive programme tailored to assist your development in just 9 months to Branch manager level.

Cons

For me their are no cons....expectations were made very clear from the onset. It is a very physical job and I find this very rewarding. You may cover other stores as part of your role within the company. This is a great way to learn and increase your knowledge base and make contacts with other managers, staff and supervisors. You get out what you give back, if you give 100% percent you will get 100% back. Great Area and Divisional management support is always readily available.

Advice to Management

The management team are an integral support system to the staff on the floor. They are there to assist us and to steer us in the right direction. I would sometimes like to see them a bit more often, however they have a busy job to carry out and cover anywhere between 9 to 12 stores. They are however always available to speak to by telephone and make themselves available even on their days off. Once you become part of the business you start to understand how the procedures in place tie into how your store runs. I worked in hospitality for a large part of my career, so I understand that most reviews you see online are negative. Not many people take the time to review anything positive. As I said any job worth doing is hard work, however this is the only job I have had where there is such a strong support network and such tailored training. A lot like Ronseal, Farmfoods deliver on their promises and do what it says on the tin. I don't have a job, I have a career for life!!! Their values are second to none.