Farmfoods Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Farmfoods Reviews

Updated 4 de Nov 2019

2.3
Farmfoods CEO Eric Herd (no image)
Eric Herd
  1. "Awful company!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Sheffield, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Farmfoods part-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff discount, Other team members, Christmas bonus

Cons

Nowhere near enough staff to run a shop, Working 1-1 mostly, No security, Nothing you do is good enough, Never get proper breaks (apart from smokers!) Constantly breaking employment law. .

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the workload for staff members and allow store managers to use enough hours/employ enough staff to actually run a shop without working those employed into an early grave!

Farmfoods2019-03-13
  2. "Good first job"

Former Employee - Retail Assistant in Cardiff, Wales
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Farmfoods part-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount and different tasks to do during a shift. Learnt a lot of new skills and confidence whilst working here.

Cons

Always be rotated for shifts I would never agree to do. Customers weren't very nice and management wouldn't stick up for staff.

Farmfoods2019-02-02
  3. "Decent for part-time work"

Former Employee - Retail Assistant

I worked at Farmfoods part-time

Pros

- Flexible - Close commute (for me, personally, hence why I upped up my rating) - Friendly colleagues + It's a relaxed environment due to the people I worked with, especially when the store was quiet. - Discount

Cons

- Ridiculously overworked whilst constantly short-staffed (typically only 2-3 people working in the store, even during busy periods) - Always poor stock orders; many items are ordered when they simply don't have to be, and then they ask we fill up as much as possible when the freezers are already full. If they're full, then we must 'bury' items in freezers with space. - They expect too much, e.g. one person has... to be on till, maintain this area, the front shop area, and have eyes set alert for shoplifters. - Store won't invest in security guards, when it's obvious, that they desperately need them. - Employees have been in situations where they've been badly threatened, even held as hostages, but management don't even check to see if they're okay after and don't action anything accordingly in response to threats/robberies. - Farmfoods don't do any proper background checks at times in who they employ, as at one period I was managed by someone who I then found out was a former drug lord (this person did was also harsh to myself and other staff, again, expected too much from us). - You can't trust your manager at times when it comes to them organising your rota, as either by accident/purpose, you may randomly notice that your hours for the week have decreased, or that you do extra hours in a week but they aren't recorded... I, nor employee, should have to constantly check their rota to see if their correct hours are listed!

Advice to Management

Stop over-working your staff, they aren't machines. Stop being so concerned about saving costs to the point where you have only 2-3 staff members maintain the store on a frequent basis. Also invest in security, you have other smaller stores in the vicinity who do, and these stores don't earn as much as Farmfoods - so it is beyond me why this isn't even considered.

Farmfoods2019-01-21
  4. "retail assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

I have been working at Farmfoods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

15% staff discount is above average

Cons

stocktakes on saturday nights over run

Farmfoods2019-02-07
  5. "Supervisor"

I worked at Farmfoods part-time

Pros

Worked with a close team who all suffer together

Cons

Everything else...work long shifts with no breaks even though theyre taken off you, area managers cut store hours constantly to gain bonuses with no regards to how it affects the store. Expected to do stocktake most Saturday nights as results never come back correctly due to the company being to cheap to manage shoplifters with cctv.

Farmfoods2019-01-29
  6. "Good Job"

I worked at Farmfoods full-time

Pros

Good team behind you when you're working

Cons

The management does not have any leeway when it comes to shifts. You work too much

Farmfoods2018-12-19
  7. "customer service"

Current Employee - Greater London in Enfield, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Farmfoods part-time for less than a year

Pros

because i live local to the store and i always come and do my shopping there so it will be great if i was to work at this store

Cons

the hour i will do buy affect my college time so i would properly work less hours during the week and on the weekend do more hours

Advice to Management

i will b happy to work at this store since i always come and do shopping there

Farmfoods2018-11-05
  8. "Retail Assistant/ Training supervisor"

Former Employee - Retail Assistant in Sunbury-on-Thames, England

I worked at Farmfoods full-time for less than a year

Pros

I got 15% staff discount on all products, if we lucky enough to have in stock.

Cons

bullied by management, made to do stocktakes on the day no notice and did not get paid for it. also rude customers talk badly and senior staff ignored and never backed staff up and not bar from the shop. new came to the store and belittled me in front of staff and customers.

Advice to Management

train your staff to treat people with respect, staff and customers a like ? also need to train your staff more meticulously in every aspect. when you ask person to become supervisor should staff them train right away and they pay. I was asked to become supervisor and was not getting paid, but was expected to do extra responsibility and extra hours and got blamed when things went wrong. the manager was rude person... and two faced and i suggest not work for farmfoods at all wages are not good and hop they close down|||||

Farmfoods2018-12-05
  9. "Rubbish"

I worked at Farmfoods part-time

Pros

None what so ever good luck finding some

Cons

Long shifts rubbish pay poor management rubbish management

Advice to Management

Get a better grip of yourself you bully people into submission

Farmfoods2018-10-29

"Customer Assistant"

Former Employee - Customer Assistant in Great Yarmouth, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Farmfoods part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice Colleagues 15% Staff Discount Card

Cons

Inadequate Training & Poor Ongoing Training Low Pay

Advice to Management

Lost my Job abruptly after Probationary Period - I had received totally inadequate training due to Management Issues (so not my fault). Was not told about mistakes so was not able to rectify/learn from them. So I really was not given a fair chance. I was not given any Notice! I was enjoying working for Farmfoods and believe I had potential if I had received proper and ongoing training. I feel I have been treated... unfairly and it is not my fault that the company had Management Issues/Problems in the Branch in which I was working which impacted on me as a New Employee

Farmfoods2018-10-13