Fawkes & Reece Reviews

Fawkes & Reece Managing Director Ray Connolly
Ray Connolly

"A joke"

I worked at Fawkes & Reece full-time

Pros

Nothing, was the worst place I have ever worked.

Cons

Just a joke of place.

2. "Number 1 in Construction recruitment for a reason"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Fawkes & Reece full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One of the most established recruitment companies in the Construction sector with excellent hands-on management from the highly experienced leadership team. As a result of the strong F&R brand the list of established clients relationships is unrivalled in London providing consultants with the best possible chance of carving a successful career within the business. This is clearly demonstrated by the large number of high-achieving consultants working within the business. Fawkes and Reece also set the benchmark in regards to employee rewards and incentives ensuring that there is enough time for fun to compliment the hard work that everyone puts in. These include two annual trips abroad, a Black-tie Christmas party and a team-bonding Summer party, end-of-financial year Awards and drinks evening, an Office social night out each quarter, breakfast provided every Friday along with an early Friday finishes along with additional holiday day incentives throughout the year. These extra incentives are complimented by a great salary, rewarding commission structure and quarterly bonus scheme for all employees. With a clear career path from day 1 and examples of all levels of promotion in the office, from Trainee through Senior, Principal, Team Leader and onto Director there really is a culture of progression and achievement. Unfortunately this forum allows for, disgruntled ex-employees who we have been forced to part ways with due to underperformance, to air their negative views without giving the full story, so this post will provide a true reflection of the business and a view shared by the 60 plus happy staff who work here.

Cons

There quite simply are no cons

"Bad Place"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in London, England

I worked at Fawkes & Reece full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some staff have a good sense of humour and hardworking.

Cons

All the desks with any good clients are taken by the company favourites. Terrible training. Non existent HR. Aggressive Management style.

Fawkes & Reece Response

April 28, 2017Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your comments. We feel training plays a key role in helping our people grow and it is one of our strengths, which is why we have a Training and Development Manager who has been with our company for over 13 years. She is REC qualified and delivers professional training plans and workshops. Our HR manager is also highly capable and we are sorry you were not introduced. We work hard to ensure every member of staff feels welcome and the directors and managers try to ensure that everyone feels as though they are important members of the team. We are sorry you felt this wasn’t your experience. Our industry is one of performance and it is this that we are judged on by our customers. We take the level of our performance very seriously and when there are deadlines to meet there may be pressure and focus from managers to ensure we deliver the results our clients and candidates expect from our business.

"Degrading Experince"

Manager in London, England

I worked at Fawkes & Reece

Pros

You have a chair. There are windows There is running water

Cons

A Layer Cake hierarchy which encourages poor and belittling behaviour. A toilet you would expect to find in a lower league football ground. An incentive system designed to maintain the status quo of dated wide boy ideals. Staff facilities which make a campsite look upmarket.

Fawkes & Reece Response

April 28, 2017Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry you didn’t enjoy your time at Fawkes & Reece. We work hard to welcome people into the business and make them feel part of the team. We are always working on improving this so we will take your comments on board. We don’t unfortunately own the building and being in Shoreditch the industrial theme and design tends to come with the area. Some of the facilities in the building such as the toilets, are out of our control. However, we are pleased to report the landlord recently refurbished all the toilet facilities and they are now at Champions League level.

5. "Driven Sales Company"

4.0
    Consultant in London, England

I worked at Fawkes & Reece for more than a year

Pros

- Infrastructure designed for success - Supportive management designed to get you billing - Great existing client pool - Good resources to attract candidates - Fun environment - Great location

Cons

- Long hours - KPI focused

6. "If you want a Career"

5.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Fawkes & Reece full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have recently left to go travelling and have had a great 4 years! I started as a trainee and worked my way up to Team Leader. I'm still in touch with the guys who are a great bunch which goes hand in hand with the company. Training is spot on and there are many opportunities to have your say and learn from the other guys that have done really well. I'm confused about the other reviews as the guys there are focussed on achieving their best and if you're willing to work hard you will be successful and reap the rewards. Be in touch soon guys!

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Circus"

Consultant

I worked at Fawkes & Reece

Pros

There are NONE AT ALL

Cons

Treated like rubbish under paid Spoken to like something they stepped in They have their favorites and stick with them Unrealistic Targets

"Dead end"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Fawkes & Reece full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people and established company.

Cons

As soon as you do well, your desk will be split and you will go back to where you started

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 28 reviews