Fidelity Investments Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

1,565 Ratings

4,643 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance tough to maintain (in 150 reviews)

• Standard call center console such as long night hours (in 186 reviews)

1. "Work hard but well compensated"

Current Employee - Stock Analyst in London, England
    Current Employee - Stock Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time

Pros

Lots of responsibility immediately and autonomy to do your job. A lot of resources available to conduct research.

Cons

Career progression is a challenge given limited opportunities for full time portfolio management, which is the track most analysts pursue. Can become frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of communicating career progression expectations to incoming analysts and attempt to further their intellectual curiosity and development even while they are waiting for a PM promotion.

2. "Ignorance is bliss"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingswood, South East England, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingswood, South East England, England

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The non managerial staff, the people actually DOING the work!

Cons

The managerial staff, the delegators, the 'turn a blind eyers'

Advice to Management

Treat your staff like people, like you would want to be treated yourself! I am very sure you would not allow one of your family members to be treated the way I have been treated at this company.

3. "Affected by Industry-wide Cost Squeeze"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Tadworth, England
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Tadworth, England

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Really fantastic people at every single location across the globe. Management generally sensible and efficient. Still a lot of unnecessary secrecy at the top level, especially when staff are made redundant - it is a bit like a Soviet purge, it is as if they were never there...

Cons

Regulatory changes have introduced transparent fees, which has led to a price-based spiral to the bottom in the investments industry. It is now much harder for even the best companies to make much money, so there is constant cost pressure across the company, and many redundancies.

"Great Culture"

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has its own unique culture. Management always tries to be ultra conservative in doing the right thing

Cons

The innovation at the company is lacking. Because they are so conservative they tend to not want to damage their reputation and therefore don't take risks.

6. "good vgoood"

Former Employee - Software Engineer/Developer in Hyde, England
    Former Employee - Software Engineer/Developer in Hyde, England

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time

Pros

The culture is wonderful and the in-office perks are cool. The company cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment. Lots of room for advancement and growth within the company. Management is there for you every step of the way in coaching and helping you with anything you need. There is a lot of freedom and ways to show improvement and your skills

Cons

Will give you salary it is located in a nice city, lots of scenic views and good places to hang around if you are more inclined towards nature.And it is wonderful to work there.

Advice to Management

Keen observation is needed to know the employee efficiency and capacity. It will be useful to keep best employees in the company

7. "Good firm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Fidelity Investments (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good culture ceo good. I like it a lot thanks go for it. Hours are very gôd for the industry. Consider this firm in your search. Firm for the future.

Cons

Pay is average but aside from that nothing to really pinpoint great firm overall thanks

Advice to Management

Manage is doing great should continue like that and stay innovative. Please keep the God work going thanks much

8. "Limited Career development"

Former Employee - Customer Relations Associate in Kingswood, South West England, England

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent role for someone in a first or second job role, great reputation.

Cons

Poor management structure and processes.

Advice to Management

Review of management procedures especially with customer services

9. "Cheesy american company"

Pros

Absolutely fantastic benefits, on site GP, private medical natch, bonus was best bonus I had in any previous company I have worked at

Cons

Seems I was brought in here just to be given a kick in, I had what seemed like at time four different managers all wanting different things. Hours weren't great but if the environment wasn't as toxic as it was I probably wouldn't have minded. Other staff outside of my team were great and really helpful.

It could be a great company for you if you do not mind being treated as 'just a number'

10. "Client associate"

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time

Pros

Amazing job, amazing people, amazing opportunity.

Cons

Nothing as yet, however I am still quite new

11. "Fidelity UK"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Great atmosphere and people
    - Good place to learn and be trained as people are patient and willing to train
    - Willing to support qualifications and ambitions
    - Good social life after work

Cons

Too much middle management who have been there for 10+yrs meaning new ideas rarely embraced
    Career progression quite slow
    People are rewarded and promoted for sticking around, not for showing any initiative

Advice to Management

Push out the staid and old middle management and make the place a slight bit more dynamic. Promote more senior analysts/assistant managers to manager rank at a younger age and give the place some impetus.

Showing 4,643 of 4,984 reviews