Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews about "call center"

Updated 24 May 2020

Fidelity Investments CEO Abby Johnson
Abby Johnson
3,132 Ratings
Cons

Reviews about "call center"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Financial Professional

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best benefits package in the industry, leadership who truly cares, flexible work from home.

Cons

You need to stay and work hard long enough to get out of the call center

Fidelity Investments2020-05-24

"Tiring and Thankless Job"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Relationship Advocate

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Will hire almost anyone who applies - Benefits are good - 401k match - Potential to get licensed, where you go after that is up to you

Cons

- Definitely a call center, anyone who tells you different is lying - Turnover rate is ridiculous, they hire 30 people a month to fill all the vacant roles - Only real incentive is monetary - Monitored on every call and if you don't have a high enough calls per hour you get in trouble - You do not learn any real transferable skills, unless you go to another call center - If you think you will switch roles quickly so you are not on the phones, expect to do a minimum of two years answering phones for 8 hours a day - They tell you the customers are nice, but that is very far from the truth I would say roughly half are very rude

Fidelity Investments2020-04-17
  3. "Call Center"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

They help you get your licenses and pay you while you study,

Cons

Call center, you have to bid on a schedule that works for you

Fidelity Investments2020-04-06

"Investor solutions"

Former Employee - Investor Solutions

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

Call center with a little more flexibility.

Cons

Still a call center job at the end of the day.

Fidelity Investments2020-04-17

""Technologists are expendable""

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time

Pros

- I worked with some very smart people. It's a shame they worked here where they aren't at all valued. - Work isn't challenging at all. You can coast and do nothing all day and slip through the cracks.

Cons

Software engineers at fidelity are very low on the totem pole, probably a step lower than call center employees if I had to guess. The compensation is insulting. I went to a competitor in asset management for the same role level and tripled my compensation. You could probably quadruple your compensation by going to amazon, google, etc. A senior software engineer with 10yrs of experience at fidelity makes less than an entry-level software engineer at JP morgan/bank of america/goldman sachs with no years of experience. Don't work here unless you are in asset management. Those are the only people who make any real money. The tech is severely outdated. Some engineers were working in COBOL while I was there. Once again, this is insulting and shows that no effort is made by management to invest in good tech. Management makes it very clear that technologists provide negative value, we were even told this during out first week. "You are a cost center" -- I can't tell you how many times I've heard this. It's so obvious. Why do you think there are barely any technologists in the Boston HQ? Instead they're pushed to the basements of New Hampshire and Rhode Island. Bonus is insulting too. Don't count on that. People brag about the generous 401k match but it doesn't kick in for 5 years. That is 5 years you could be working as a technologist at a competing asset manager making triple your compensation. My first week at Fidelity a manager told me that technologists are expendable because their job can just be outsourced. Ouch. This company has no path forward. Mutual funds are a thing of the past now that low-fee ETFs have become so popular. And their brokerage is so outdated.

Fidelity Investments2020-04-28
  6. "Great place to work with some downfalls"

Current Employee - High Net Worth Service Associate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, knowledgeable managers, great bonus program and benefits

Cons

It's a call center so sometimes lots of volume of calls and the calls are sometimes difficult

Fidelity Investments2020-03-16
  7. "Great benefits"

Current Employee - Central Relationship Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits (paternity leave, 401k match, etc) Good work/life balance Able to work from home 50% of the time

Cons

—Call center roles mainly —Lagging in wage increases. 1-3% raises are the norm.

Fidelity Investments2020-01-10
  8. "Call Center"

Former Employee - Consulting Information Technology Specialist

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time

Pros

Very generous benefits. Great colleagues.

Cons

Poor middle management. Call center job gets repetitive very fast.

Fidelity Investments2020-01-10

"No movement out of Call center"

2.0
    Former Employee - 401k Specialist/Brokeragelink in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

solid benefits and bonus, was able to get Series 7 +63 after a year

Cons

You take about 80 calls a day, Managers are not helpful and make the job even more stressful. They care more about customer satisfaction than they do employee satisfaction. Under payed and over worked. Expected to work overtime hours and shamed if you opt out. Don't work here. my mental health is still recovering from this sweat shop of a call center. They rant about how great their benefits are (7% comp match) which would be good if you made more than what they pay. The calls suck, customers are incredibly rude. No flexibility on hours and not very understanding on leaving early. I would not recommend this role to my worst enemy. I left on my own terms and met some really good people their but everyone is miserable because the job is ..... also don't expect to use this as a 'foot in the door type' because once you're in the call center there's no movement out. I was their for 2 years and got promoted within the call center but never once met or saw anyone get an opportunity that didn't involve answering the phones. Look elsewhere

Fidelity Investments2020-01-21
  10. "Good if you are ok with call center environment"

Current Employee - OTA in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Plenty of room to progress into different roles. The job in and of itself is not difficult, do you need to be efficient to do well.

Cons

Because as you look at this role. The job is decent, but make no mistake about it. It is a call center job. Your key metrics are far less about your sales acumen, and far more about your ability to efficiently handle call volume. It is transforming into more of a customer service job every day. Primary roles and responsibilities are processing distributions.

Fidelity Investments2020-01-08