Financial Ombudsman Service Adjudicator Grade I Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Caroline Wayman

"Adjudicator"

Former Employee - Adjudicator Grade I in London, England

I worked at Financial Ombudsman Service full-time

Pros

Colleagues are great, friendly people. Good benefits and location.

Cons

Management is poor, in shambles. School-like feel. No transparency whatsoever Rumour mill is constantly spinning No fairness within the workplace, everyone manages to contradict one another and continuously justify why they did so Constantly feel as though you are being watched to "catch you out" Salary is awful, gets you nowhere

Advice to Management

Take the criticism and fix your problems

Financial Ombudsman Service2016-07-03

"Its high time an investigation is done on this institution!"

Former Employee - Adjudicator Grade I in London, England

I worked at Financial Ombudsman Service full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location and the building, although I do remember that there was a flood one time and we got sent home early. Honestly the best time of my life there (i.. going home early)

Cons

Management are lazy. I really would like to name one manager in particular. I heard he left though, he was racist and a bully, and what's funny is that everyone allowed it or found it normal. There's alot of brown nosing going on there too. Oh, and if you fail to make a friend within your group, you will never make any friends there. Ok, granted you do not go to work to play, but everyone in FOS is very cliquey. Sadly,...

Advice to Management

Conquer bullying! We are humans, we should never have to be degraded to crying on the Tube from constant racism or bullying.

Financial Ombudsman Service2017-07-20

"Not what it says on the tin"

Current Employee - Adjudicator Grade I in London, England

I have been working at Financial Ombudsman Service full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good employee benefits and the canteen is good. Looks good on the CV.

Cons

Complete opposite to the claims made on their website. It's all about process and not about people. Staff are always undermined. Pay and progression is a appalling. Barriers are always put up when you want to progress. You only get promoted if head of department likes you. Doesn't matter if your always hitting target two grades above your pay.

Advice to Management

Stop running the service like a private corporation when you claim this is a public organisation

Financial Ombudsman Service2016-05-25