Financial Ombudsman Service Lead Adjudicator Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.0
Caroline Wayman

"Lead adjudicator"

Current Employee - Lead Adjudicator in London, England

I have been working at Financial Ombudsman Service full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible, good working hours, laid back culture, benefits and pension, good location in docklands, good interaction with senior managers. Fair salary.

Cons

Limited chance of progression and work can be very repetitive. Some personnel favoured, lack of direction and very reactive, firm not brave to embrace new challenges in a fast paced world

Advice to Management

Be braver

Financial Ombudsman Service2015-08-03

"Used to be good."

Former Employee - Lead Adjudicator in London, England

I worked at Financial Ombudsman Service

Pros

Great pay and benefits and location. Generally good career progression. Good work life balance. Interesting work so long as it's not PPI.

Cons

Far too politically correct. Some absolutely dreadful staff getting paid to do nothing. Dreadful management. Drastically different levels of skilled people doing the same job.

Financial Ombudsman Service2016-12-11

"Senior management clueless"

Current Employee - Lead Adjudicator

I have been working at Financial Ombudsman Service full-time

Pros

Flexible working hours Decent employee benefits Free gym

Cons

Low salary Repetitive work Limited progression It's an environment where it's all about who you know rather than hard work Nepotism - everyone seems to have a family member that works there whos a manager No regard for staff opinions The new structure is ridiculous. We are made to jump through hoops to reapply for our jobs. They've tried to jazz it up but it literally is the same job! It's a nice idea to have...

Advice to Management

Stop making excuses and actually listen to your staff. Stop adding relevant sustainable to every email you write Take a pay cut

Financial Ombudsman Service2016-08-03

"Shocking mismanagement, no regard for staff dead or alive"

Current Employee - Lead Adjudicator

Pros

-Good, knowledgeable people who really want to help consumers -Good location - being able to make a real difference for consumers

Cons

Shocking mismanagement - the current CEO and exec have mismanaged the resources and are now having to restructure the organisation. But they are very ill experienced and have not communicated this clearly. Managers aren't able to answer the questions being asked by their adjudicators because they just simply do not know - this means that we're losing our best people on a weekly basis. Most of the exec and senior management...

Advice to Management

Need a fresh executive team. The FCA and govt really need to carry out an investigation into the management. Bring a CEO with experience of turning round a sinking ship - perhaps bring back Natalie Ceeney or even Tony Boorman. We need a CEO who is bold - not afraid to make the tough decisions and not afraid to communicate this - even if it means redundancies

Financial Ombudsman Service2016-04-23