FinancialForce Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.5
FinancialForce Chief Executive Officer and President Tod Nielsen
Tod Nielsen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Everyone at FinancialForce is approachable and willing to help (in 8 reviews)

• Lots of opportunities for career development and a fun environment to work with great people (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Experience a few growing pains associated with any "start up" (in 23 reviews)

• Little to no brand awareness in some markets (in 5 reviews)

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Experienced world class leadership, growth, ambition, fast paced. A company on a mission.

Cons

Not a good company if you do not like being pushed out of your comfort zone or being challenged

Advice to Management

Keep the vision and mission clear

"Not all that it is supposed to be"

I worked at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some great people in the business
    Good Product

Cons

Very U.S. centric - If it's not in the U.S then it takes 2nd place
    People given leadership roles who are then kept in the dark by senior management and not really given the opportunity to lead to their full potential.
    May have been a change of senior leadership team but still feels like the old boys club with people being brought into the business who clearly aren't the best person for the job and being paid more money than better qualified people already in the business.
    Brand Awareness is poor in the market place.
    At times complete lack of flexibility

Advice to Management

Start listening to the people in the business instead of trying to dictate. Also their is a wealth of talent already in the business that constantly gets over looked when they apply for a new position or get told that they are not suitable as the position yet again has to be based in the U.S. which is poor for a company that claims to have a global presence and reach.
    I would also advise when senior positions come up in the business try actually looking for the best person for the role and not just filling it with one of your friends or someone you can safeguard your position with so if it goes wrong they become the fall guy.
    The business will never progress and meet its full potential if you keep going the way you are.

"Fun but suffering from recent changes"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Harrogate, England
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Harrogate, England

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic people to work with.
    The platform offers lots of technical challenges.
    Great benefits.

Cons

The platform offers very little flexibility and potential to innovate and the direction of the innovations teams seems very lackluster and as such concerning.
    Advancement seems very bias towards people who sacrifice their own time to learning the platform opposed to people who are genuinely skilled developers.
    Pay is very very poor for the technical area (Salesforce developer and then some).
    Lack of interesting work.
    Management and other higher ups changing requirements of projects after the project has been planned out.
    Not delivering on a sprint raises lots of questions from people despite them not knowing all the issues we have had to face promotes spending personal time to work to ensure stories are finished.
    Recent reshuffle of management has raised lots of questions in regards to the future and diversity of the company.

Advice to Management

Career progression based on skill opposed to knowledge of the platform.
    Genuine innovation.
    More competitive pay.

"What's it like working at FF?"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Supportive colleagues. Rewards well. Great products.

Cons

Changing culture. Need clear marketing messages.

"Great company if you're in the right department"

I worked at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Loads of benefits
    Free food
    Good progression and transparency (outside of certain departments)

Cons

Micro Managing
    Doors close din terms of progression
    Pay review is non existent (only had 1 right before I left and it was for a tiny amount)

Advice to Management

Value long term staff better

"I can't believe what I'm reading!"

I worked at FinancialForce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leaving! Looks like I made a wise decision. Such a shame that fear now seems to reign supreme at FFDC now. I literally cannot believe what I'm reading in these reviews since I left.

Cons

I am absolutely appalled to read the passive aggressive responses to some of these reviews, particularly by a female leadership team member. I can't believe how little you listen to what your talented employees are saying! And so defensive too. Jeremy used to actively encourage the team to provide all kinds of feedback on Glassdoor and it was actually taken on board with strategies to improve; people are leaving because you're not listening any more.

As a very knowledgeable female employee, I left because my management team didn't listen to what good people were saying, NOR what customers were saying. Someone who was meant to be supporting me while I led a small team, once referred to me as a "bossy and opinionated woman" to a customer. That customer pulled him up for it, supporting me as I was trying my best to make their implementation a success in the face of absent team cohesion - people not contactable, doing their own thing, not communicating; raising these issues were shot down. I was regularly ignored when I gave good feedback and advocated the customers needs.

Advice to Management

Feedback is a gift. Take it and grow with it. Don't ostracise, make an example of or spread fear to those who leave negative reviews. In fact, they're an opportunity for you. "I'm offended by this post..." - seriously, grow up. As a potential employee reviewing the company, those ff responses would be more than sufficient to put me off. In this day and age, reviews mean a lot more. You're in the public eye on social media and people share experiences. You're bleeding good people. Be careful what you say.

"Not seeing the bigger picture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrogate, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrogate, England

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are great to work with, made some good friends, not too much push back for training etc.

Cons

Big opinions trump small opinions and management showing no indication of wanting to genuinely do things differently. Too many people 'part of the furniture', and old school ways, slowing down company ability to change for the better.

Advice to Management

How about taking onboard feedback from the boots on the ground on ways of working better?

"Looking for UX/Design work at FinancialForce? Then you might find this useful."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrogate, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrogate, England

I worked at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Do apply if: -

You like being constrained by back-end and front-end platforms. Especially Salesforce and Sencha. A wonderful combination.

You like being constrained by product management that will ignore research results and UX recommendations and do what they want anyway.

You like being micro managed from Director level.

You want the person calling the UX shots to be 6000 miles away, and 8hrs behind your actual workplace and daily events.

You enjoy going years without a pay review.

You like office politics and power struggles due to poorly defined roles and remits.

Cons

Don't apply if: -

You're expecting straightforward access to users for research.

You'd like to interview and research a wide variety & range of users and not just the same half dozen people project after project.

You enjoy any kind of freedom in visual design.

You're looking for structured career progression based on agreed goals and objectives.

You're expecting anything like the mid to high end renumeration stated.

Advice to Management

Senior Directors who were part of the team just a couple of years ago... stop being so 'aloof'.

Shift UX management from the US to the UK where 80% of development happens. Get someone in who actually knows what they're doing, is established in the industry with a proven track record of getting UX to work in such organisations.

The admin work, documentation, tracking of activities and general feeling of UX having to prove its worth is killing the team.

FinancialForce Response

12 Jun 2017 – Snr Director Design, Data, Insight

As the leader of Product Design I would like to respond to the issues raised in this review with some of the progress we are making at FinancialForce with regards to Design/UX.

We have... More

"3 stars"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, good pension, good perks - vending machine, flexible working etc. Fantastic concept and company full of ambition as they strive to reach IPO. Job security.

Cons

Huge growing pains, products that might as well be written on completely different platforms for the amount they can communicate with each other. More and more tiers being introduced of middle management whose job it is to crack the whip with no concept of the team on the grounds workload and no interest in supporting them through their challenges. Services team incapable of executing, always full of excuses and happy to walk away with the job half done leaving unhappy customers which puts pressure back on Sales, Customer Success and Support teams. Salesforce relationship not as strong as other on platform vendors. Customer retention nowhere near what is touted at company all hands calls. Fun starting to drain away from the business as it becomes more and more corporate and the UK is seen as an insignificant sibling to the big domineering brother in the US of A.

Advice to Management

Weed out the Managers that add no value, fix your products which are stuck together with sticky-back plastic. Look long and hard at your Services team. Great concept, execution abysmal. The concept will only take you so far, time to start delivering for your customers.

"Great Company To Work For"

Former Employee - Test Automation Engineer in Harrogate, England
    Former Employee - Test Automation Engineer in Harrogate, England

I worked at FinancialForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Atmosphere to develop technical skills
    Met some really cool people with sound knowledge of Salesforce.
    Great teams
    Nice perks occasionally

Cons

Pay Reviews are rare and won't come unless you handover the notice.
    People are starting to leave and they are not stopped efficiently. This can lead to work pressure in teams as not much is being done to replace them immediately.

Advice to Management

You have a pay review procedure (good or bad), please follow that.
    Need to look at employee needs before they start looking somewhere else