FinancialForce Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.3
FinancialForce Chief Executive Officer and President Tod Nielsen
Tod Nielsen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Intelligent passionate coworkers and great work life balance" (in 15 reviews)

• "Lots of opportunities for career development and a fun environment to work with great people" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Currently reinventing itself with some growing pains" (in 25 reviews)

• "It's a rapidly growing company, so it is expected" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Exciting Opportunities"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

- Great collaboration across departments
    - Staff approachable at all levels
    - Great career advancement opportunities

Cons

- Compensation levels not clearly defined

"Failing the people who built the company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Harrogate, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Harrogate, England

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- The people you work with.
    - Good platform exposure
    - Friendly and welcoming company
    - A few nice perks.

Cons

- Exec team just interested in shaping the company for IPO
    - Lost direction, endless process changes with little effect
    - Little reward for working hard
    - No career progression except for a "chosen" few

Advice to Management

The company once had a good "breaking into the market" feel, while I realise that had to change change, it's sad that instead of solidifying that position it feels like the company is just being geared up for a sale.

Would love to see decent structures in place to ensure career progression, service improvement, repeatable success. Instead it's all about marketing the company as profitable with no concern about long term goals. Reward, seem to fall upon whoever has the ear of an exec as opposed to the people working the hardest.

"Micromanagement and bullying"

I worked at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

there are no pros to working here unless you have been unemployed for a very long time

Cons

the management and HR are horrible, stay away

Advice to Management

Grow up

FinancialForce Response

2 Jul 2018 – SVP HR

Hi, As the head of Employee Success, I would be happy to speak with you about your concerns for the HR team (Employee Success) directly at any time as well as the comment regarding bullying... More

"Good company but low pay"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

SF is a stable platform, good product overall and some great talent and people in the company.

Supportive colleagues and company funded training, some good perks too with health/life insurance, generally a really nice environment to work in.

Nice office location and given an IPhone/IMac to work with, generally have all the tools you need to do your job.

Cons

Unless in a management role, pay is extremely low. Development and support teams are expected to do the hard work at well over capacity to keep the company moving forward and for very little, or no recognition.

Inadequate, or in some cases zero measurement of capacity in critical business areas leading to an incredibly overstretched workforce.

Rather than looking at skills of employees within the company across all departments when filling new vacancies, people are being brought in with often non relevant skill-sets to fill the higher paid, and often more strategic roles whilst the genuinely high skilled employees continue to add the most value for less money and I feel, could be given better opportunities to progress.

Advice to Management

Reward and recognise employees better, particularly those who are extremely good at what they do, a minuscule yearly pay rise is not enough to keep the best talent from leaving, particularly in a competitive industry. Think about what you need to compensate the best people to keep them at FF for another 5 years as an example.

Measure capacity, and employee engagement, provide recognition where recognition is due. There's a lot of overworked people at FF really putting in the effort trying to provide great products and service to our customers who's contributions are simply going unnoticed. We clearly need to prioritise recruiting in the key functions within the business(product, development, support) rather than continuing to create these new middle management/director type positions.

Some good initiatives have been introduced recently to capture employee feedback, would be good to hear about common trends in that feedback and how FF intends to act on it, particularly around remuneration which looks to be the common pain-point, this continues to be the elephant in the room at present so some transparency on that front would be good.

"Not all that it is supposed to be"

I worked at FinancialForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some great people in the business
    Good Product

Cons

Very U.S. centric - If it's not in the U.S then it takes 2nd place
    People given leadership roles who are then kept in the dark by senior management and not really given the opportunity to lead to their full potential.
    May have been a change of senior leadership team but still feels like the old boys club with people being brought into the business who clearly aren't the best person for the job and being paid more money than better qualified people already in the business.
    Brand Awareness is poor in the market place.
    At times complete lack of flexibility

Advice to Management

Start listening to the people in the business instead of trying to dictate. Also their is a wealth of talent already in the business that constantly gets over looked when they apply for a new position or get told that they are not suitable as the position yet again has to be based in the U.S. which is poor for a company that claims to have a global presence and reach.
    I would also advise when senior positions come up in the business try actually looking for the best person for the role and not just filling it with one of your friends or someone you can safeguard your position with so if it goes wrong they become the fall guy.
    The business will never progress and meet its full potential if you keep going the way you are.

"Fun but suffering from recent changes"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Harrogate, England
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Harrogate, England

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic people to work with.
    The platform offers lots of technical challenges.
    Great benefits.

Cons

The platform offers very little flexibility and potential to innovate and the direction of the innovations teams seems very lackluster and as such concerning.
    Advancement seems very bias towards people who sacrifice their own time to learning the platform opposed to people who are genuinely skilled developers.
    Pay is very very poor for the technical area (Salesforce developer and then some).
    Lack of interesting work.
    Management and other higher ups changing requirements of projects after the project has been planned out.
    Not delivering on a sprint raises lots of questions from people despite them not knowing all the issues we have had to face promotes spending personal time to work to ensure stories are finished.
    Recent reshuffle of management has raised lots of questions in regards to the future and diversity of the company.

Advice to Management

Career progression based on skill opposed to knowledge of the platform.
    Genuine innovation.
    More competitive pay.

"What's it like working at FF?"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Supportive colleagues. Rewards well. Great products.

Cons

Changing culture. Need clear marketing messages.

"Great company if you're in the right department"

I worked at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Loads of benefits
    Free food
    Good progression and transparency (outside of certain departments)

Cons

Micro Managing
    Doors close din terms of progression
    Pay review is non existent (only had 1 right before I left and it was for a tiny amount)

Advice to Management

Value long term staff better

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Experienced world class leadership, growth, ambition, fast paced. A company on a mission.

Cons

Not a good company if you do not like being pushed out of your comfort zone or being challenged

Advice to Management

Keep the vision and mission clear

"I can't believe what I'm reading!"

I worked at FinancialForce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leaving! Looks like I made a wise decision. Such a shame that fear now seems to reign supreme at FFDC now. I literally cannot believe what I'm reading in these reviews since I left.

Cons

I am absolutely appalled to read the passive aggressive responses to some of these reviews, particularly by a female leadership team member. I can't believe how little you listen to what your talented employees are saying! And so defensive too. Jeremy used to actively encourage the team to provide all kinds of feedback on Glassdoor and it was actually taken on board with strategies to improve; people are leaving because you're not listening any more.

As a very knowledgeable female employee, I left because my management team didn't listen to what good people were saying, NOR what customers were saying. Someone who was meant to be supporting me while I led a small team, once referred to me as a "bossy and opinionated woman" to a customer. That customer pulled him up for it, supporting me as I was trying my best to make their implementation a success in the face of absent team cohesion - people not contactable, doing their own thing, not communicating; raising these issues were shot down. I was regularly ignored when I gave good feedback and advocated the customers needs.

Advice to Management

Feedback is a gift. Take it and grow with it. Don't ostracise, make an example of or spread fear to those who leave negative reviews. In fact, they're an opportunity for you. "I'm offended by this post..." - seriously, grow up. As a potential employee reviewing the company, those ff responses would be more than sufficient to put me off. In this day and age, reviews mean a lot more. You're in the public eye on social media and people share experiences. You're bleeding good people. Be careful what you say.