FinancialForce Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.6
FinancialForce CEO Tod Nielsen
Tod Nielsen
Pros
Cons
  • "Growing pains as a company as we scale to the next level(in 31 reviews)

• "FinancialForce would rather keep the position open than hire the wrong person(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart, hard working people, leadership team has coalesced nicely, deadwood doesn't last long here (thankfully). Good products, employee benefits, snacks and company social events. Onward and upward.

Cons

Can't think of anything out of the ordinary.

Advice to Management

Go public.

FinancialForce2019-01-24
  2. "great place to work, lots of fun"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

flexible working hours, free food, good people

Cons

so far I would say there isn't any

FinancialForce2019-12-04

"Great employer"

Current Employee - Field Enablement in Bedford, England

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Highly collaborative culture. Great work/life balance. Good comp and perks. Exciting future.

Cons

We have some growing pains but nothing that cannot be addressed.

Advice to Management

Stay true to our values.

FinancialForce2019-11-05
  4. "A bit of a 'hidden gem'"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Harrogate, England

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people with a strong team work ethic. Nobody is left to struggle and everyone helps out. Genuinely some of the nicest people I've ever worked with. Real commitment to Agile development. Development and R&D have a lot of freedom to experiment, own the solutions and engage in creative problem solving.

Cons

None really. Lots of 'good' problems given how quickly the business is growing with the speed and pace of change. If you are the kind of person who wants to come to work engaged and wanting to feel challenged you will love it!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

FinancialForce2019-11-01

"Overall great place to work"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Fantastic product line, great culture, inspiring leadership team

Cons

Some growing pains, but all being addressed

FinancialForce2019-03-24

"To be frank"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Workspace: a took a while but we now have a great workspace, actually designed to help us collaborate a be productive. People: nothing novel, I guess, but this is my review... I work with some wonderful people, many of whom I consider good friends. In general I feel the rapport and support for each other is pretty good. Senior management: they are listening to feedback and, to varying degrees, actioning and... improving things based on our feedback. Benefits: for the UK, I think the benefits a great. Flexibility of working hours and opportunity to work from home help manage the work-life balance. Other benefits that I really appreciate provide cover for health and financial stability.

Cons

Salesforce: it can be restrictive, prescriptive and generally frustrating to work on. Although, I do recognise the benefits and it is improving. Communication: disjointed and lacking at times, plus the Career progression: we're getting there but has been a painful journey to get to the point of structure and visibility. Line managers: simply changing a person's title does not make them a good line manager!

FinancialForce2019-01-31

"Lead cloud Services provider - great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Harrogate, England

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Culture and Energy of the team are second to non - Visionary development teams - Solutions and Business Strategy - CEO vision for the company - Growth trajectory - XLOB Exec alignment - Lack of bureaucracy and big company politics

Cons

- Few to call out - Improve the sandwich van

Advice to Management

Keep it up - FinancialForce rocks!

FinancialForce2018-11-20

"Inspiring leadership"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Occasional growing pains of a maturing start up

FinancialForce2018-11-20

"You know there's probably a problem when the founder steps down"

Former Employee - Consultant in Harrogate, England

I worked at FinancialForce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the people The HR department tries very hard to mask the miserable outlook my refurbishing the office every 5 mins Jeremy Roche was fantastic Trips abroad

Cons

FinancialForce has stagnated too long developing useless features that no prospect cared about and in that time competitors have stolen market share from them. They are in no way a market leader in PSA. Their Financial application is solid and capable but costs THE EARTH and you can easily replicate the functionality with smaller offerings 50% of the Professional Services team are incredibly lazy and... unwilling to help any other department Management restructures change like the wind. Senior execs are lured in with false promise and then BAM... the grass is NOT greener and they rapidly depart. Bullying is everywhere on all levels. It exists most obviously in the on-boarding and support team. Marketing department is about as much use a blind guide dog. I honestly don't understand what they do. Sales team sells completely undeliverable projects and promises features that simply don't exist.

Advice to Management

There's no point giving advice to management because they'll just keep doing what they want.... so.... KEEP IT UP GUYS YOU'RE DOING GREAT... JUST GREAT

FinancialForce2018-11-16

"Great Opportunities"

I have been working at FinancialForce part-time

Pros

The size and scale of the company means that for certain areas of the business things can move fast and if you understand where you want your career to go that includes your development too (if the right opportunities come up). I cannot recommend working in my office enough (Harrogate), if you want an opportunity to start your career in Cloud software but development isnt for you then the onboarding and support... analyst vacancies provide such an insight into the portfolio of products, client base and FinancialForce overall.It really provides a springboard into a whole range of different roles in the company, for example the Customer Success or Consultant roles.

Cons

Nothing specific. Each team/ role is different so you are going to get a different experience in each but i certainly would not have any hesitations in pointing people to the website and suggesting they take a look at our vacancies.

FinancialForce2018-11-19