Finn Partners Reviews

Updated 3 Jun 2021

4.0
Finn Partners Founding Partner Peter Finn
Peter Finn
Pros
  • "Amazing talent and leadership, senior management truly cares about employees, their well-being and promotes a healthy work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "Interesting clients and great teams(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Severe work-life balance issues(in 6 reviews)

• "Long hours, work-life balance, a lot of accounts(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great

5 May 2021 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely people, great place to work

Cons

The pay could be better

2. 2.0
      Former Employee

Avoid like the plague

4 Apr 2021 - Senior Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

International clients; press trips and events; opportunity to learn how to multitask and work on great campaigns; nice and supportive colleagues (at junior and mid-level); a lot of holidays (but it will bite you back when you are alone working on 7 clients and your colleagues on shared accounts are away)

Cons

Constant overworking; very long hours; travel division led by a bunch of frustrated chavs; passive aggressive behaviour at senior management level; favoritism; psychological terror tactics; the CEO does PR like she's still in the '80s (bless her!)

4 people found this review helpful

Finn Partners Response

Sr. Recruiter

This review does not reflect our workplace and culture - we have a deep sense of integrity and have nonetheless investigated some of these claims as our team is very important to us. Overservicing is an issue across PR and as our clients and team will attest, we constantly strive to address and combat it. There is little truth elsewhere and as an agency committed to diversity in every aspect - race, gender, class, disability, sexuality and beyond - we do not condone using offensive language in order to belittle people. It would have been significantly more productive to have voiced these issues at the time or during your exit interview. We are really sorry you feel this way after all this time and wish you all the best.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

20 Oct 2020 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Professional development opportunities Small teams with benefits of being in a large company Friendly and supportive environment Great opportunities for growth

Cons

As FINN uses an aquisition growth strategy, each team was formerly a separate company. This has many benefits, but a downside is that each team has a different way of working and sometimes even uses different tools.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Good benefits

27 Jan 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has good benefits such as free breakfast on Monday

Cons

Management put pressure on you

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0

PR

7 Jul 2020 - Account Supervisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Finn has a great company ethos, fantastic benefits and does a lot to maintain a good company culture

Cons

It can be a stressful job

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company, great culture, truly global in client relationship management

12 Jul 2013 - Managing Associate in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great people - interesting clients - there is remove to make the role your own and carve out a path for yourself

Cons

This is the first time I have worked in a small office, so hopefully we can continue to maintain the vibe and spirit as we grow.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company you are proud to work for

9 Apr 2021 - I Work In the G&A Team in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The CEO really cares & puts employee and client needs first. (He has been amazing during COVID constantly surveying us before making co. decisions.) -Commitment to D.E.I. is great - more than 100 global employees belong to the Diversity Committee. I work with people here from all walks of life, from age 21 to 75, of all gender identifications and sexual orientations, of many different ethnicities etc....it is great, I learn so much, and I think diversity is part of what makes this agency special. -My department head cares about her employees and gives us the tools, data, coaching/mentoring, and support for us to each be successful in our jobs. She is accessible to us 24/7 and is someone I respect and trust. -KINDNESS isn't just a value stated on the company website- it actually exists here! Employees here help each other and share info/tips/tools. -Consistent employee hard work/ innovation/producing deliverables is rewarded here with internal advancement/promotion. -Very stable company layout structure - many Finn Partners office locations in cities across the globe, and in the USA each location serves broad client sectors. This company is in growth mode. -Huge time off with pay program - most new employees start with at least 5 weeks off in year 1 (vacation, summer days, winter closure, personal days, holidays etc.)

Cons

I'd like to see a tuition reimbursement program created.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Competitive pay, very generous PTO, and a culture that makes you feel respected

3 May 2021 - Account Executive in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The folks here are some of the friendliest people I’ve met in the professional world; You can always reach out to the people here with any inquiry – professional or personal – and they will hear you out. It really inspires me to give them my all. They’ll work with you to make sure you’ve got all the information and support you need, and that’s on top of the competitive paycheck (at least in my case) and generous PTO/personal days/sick days; In a recent development, they’ll even give you extra time-off to go get a COVID vaccine. It’s stuff like that, which makes me believe that Finn Partners values me & the other employees. Obviously, it’s not just because they’re generous for no reason; It just makes sense that a happy employee is a productive employee, and I wish more employers could come to that conclusion. Finn Partners is growing like crazy through both acquisitions and new hires; They’re definitely part of the new wave of PR, and we'll be seeing the name a lot more in the coming years. If you want to get involved and don't see a matching open position, reach out; I’ve been told they need good people faster than they can define new roles. As for recruitment, I’m happy to say that I had a wonderful experience with Finn’s HR & Talent Acquisition team members. They won’t leave you hanging as is the case with too many companies, and you can honestly be open with them regarding any questions or concerns; They want to do all they can to help you present your best self to hiring managers.

Cons

In general it's a little tough to get acquainted with priorities, colleagues and office culture during the COVID-19 pandemic. This isn't their fault at all - rather in spite of it - but although HR and everyone else is doing everything they can to make me & other new hires welcome and caught up, I still found myself sitting idle here & there for the first few days at the company, and unsure what to do outside of scheduled Zoom briefings. If you get hired at Finn -- or for any temporarily/permanently work-from-home job -- my advice is to not let the situation break your productivity; Email others on your accounts for busywork or even just materials to review, learn about your colleagues and feel free to reach out if only to say hello, etc. This should be obvious, but in order to succeed in communications during (and after) the Pandemic, you need to be a proactive communicator, and the current WFH situation gives you an opportunity to demonstrate it, so don't miss out.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

World-class firm that cares about its employees

3 Jun 2021 - Public Relations
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Exciting Clients, Supportive and Collaborative Environment

Cons

Non competitive salaries, bonuses and perks

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best-in-class agency

13 May 2021 - Associate Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Strong, positive, ethics-forward culture -Good clients and evolving work -Great benefits - medical, vacation time -Evolving with industry -Minimal turnover for competitors (at least out of FINN MIDWEST)

Cons

-Slow to promote compared to competitors -Growth can be exhausting (though you try to make up for it) -Salary plateau (not uncommon with agency life; maybe reward us for the growth financially)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 132 Reviews