Finn Partners Reviews

Updated 15 May 2020

4.2
Finn Partners Founding Partner Peter Finn
Peter Finn
Pros
  • "The company is also flexible with schedules and promotes work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

• "Supportive colleagues, flexible time off and vacation time, interesting clients(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Severe work-life balance issues(in 5 reviews)

• "Some of my colleagues have been put on 6 accounts and expected to work long hours, holidays and weekends(in 5 reviews)

1. "Fantastic company, great culture, truly global in client relationship management"

Current Employee - Managing Associate in London, England

I have been working at Finn Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

- great people - interesting clients - there is remove to make the role your own and carve out a path for yourself

Cons

This is the first time I have worked in a small office, so hopefully we can continue to maintain the vibe and spirit as we grow.

Finn Partners2013-07-12
  2. "Strong PR firm"

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Finn Partners full-time

Pros

Cares for employees and supported during COVID-19

Cons

We work long hours to support clients.

Finn Partners2020-05-15
  3. "Good Growth Opportunity for Those in Early Career Stages"

I worked at Finn Partners full-time

Pros

Good breadth of experiences in several different sectors. Great opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Severe work-life balance issues. Teams were often understaffed.

Finn Partners2020-04-15

"FANTASTIC Agency Experience - Client-Centric Firm that Values Its Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Finn Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

People first -- all the time, all around. Whether clients, employees or partners, people matter. Collaborative, no bullsh*t work environment where people work well and have fun together. No cliques. No drama. Just doing the work you love. Great PTO and benefits. Strategic, smart acquisitions that have allowed the firm to grow by leaps and bounds in the best way possible. Nice clients who want to do more and do it better. Communication with staff is upfront, honest and consistent across the board, Cross-office opportunities to collaborate, share work and win business are always available. This place is an anomaly in the global PR/marketing world.

Cons

A few bumps with new acquisitions settling in. Resources improving and growing but could be implemented quicker.

Finn Partners2020-03-02
  5. "Great place to work if you have the right team manager"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Nashville, TN
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Finn Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice benefits; working from home is understood and accepted

Cons

Leadership does not respond to junior team members' issues or concerns; lots of talk of improvement and no action; senior management also do not seem to care about creating a culture that you'd want to be a part of.

Finn Partners2020-02-06
  6. "Solid Agency, Some Growing Pains"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Finn Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are generally nice and it's possible to maintain a good work-life (if you prioritize it yourself). The agency has some cool clients and pretty solid benefits: decent healthcare; free access to houses in the Catskills for personal vacations; the 401k match is 'discretionary' but it was never less than 5% and once was 10% in the 3.5 years I was there.

Cons

There is a sense that certain divisions aren't valued as much as others. We were consistently told we weren't getting the raises we wanted because our division wasn't performing up to the CFO's standards. I think this is in large part due to the fact that some sectors (e.g. travel) are never going to make as much or have the same % of ROI as tech or healthcare. So it felt like being punished for working in that particular division. This might have something to do with a newish CFO as well as the constant company acquisitions, which also led to some resentment because the company could afford to buy other firms for millions of dollars but couldn't give reasonable raises to their employees. It's possible you could face similar issues at other agencies, but I do think it leads to people taking other job offers and was definitely a factor in my leaving Finn for another agency.

Finn Partners2019-11-22
  7. "Great company, meaningful work and legitimate career building experience"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Jerusalem

I have been working at Finn Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic leadership that trickles down to the junior account executives. An office culture that is both fun and serious. We get real results that make a difference for our clients. Leadership is pro-learning and growth. 10Bis is huge - really enjoy this!

Cons

Not so formal at times. Moving ahead in the company can be difficult and not clear cut (limited HR representation). Salaries and salary growth should be higher. Lack of incentives for those who go above and beyond and for those who want to do more.

Finn Partners2019-10-24
  8. "Good place for growth"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator

I have been working at Finn Partners full-time

Pros

a lot of responsibility, which allows you to grow

Cons

Management style and workload

Finn Partners2019-10-03

"Family run PR firm that creates great opportunities for its employees"

Current Employee - Partner in Portland, OR

I have been working at Finn Partners full-time

Pros

-flexible schedule, just get the work done -great management team that offers clients a strategic approach -the people who work here are amazing, friendly, team players

Cons

-very few but always manageable, communication is welcomed

Finn Partners2019-09-12

"Not strategic"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at Finn Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked with some smart people

Cons

Very tactical in approach, no big thinking or strategic thinking. Doesnt keep up with innovation or industry trends but sticks to what's worked in the past.

Finn Partners2019-09-06