First Utility Customer Service Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

First Utility Customer Service Advisor Reviews

Customer Service Advisor

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Relaxed working environment and pleasant office space (in 11 reviews)

• Fast Paced - all working towards a clear vision given by CEO and Execs but with the freedom on how to get there (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The only drawback is car parking (in 12 reviews)

• Pay structure & Lack of maternity pay (in 12 reviews)

1. "Technical Advisor"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Coventry, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Coventry, England

I have been working at First Utility full-time (More than a year)

Pros

friendly environment, clear business strategy, progression, fruit fridays, a den to chill out in on breaks and lunch, flexibility

Cons

no sick pay if off poorly

First Utility Response

10 May 2017 – Chief People Officer

Hello and thanks for your feedback.

Great to hear that you like Fruity Friday. We're working hard to make our office at Coventry a place where everyone loves to work. In terms of other... More

"Horrible experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor

I worked at First Utility full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro about working here was my team. I had some really nice and supportive team members and they made the job bearable.

Cons

The management and the technical side of the company is horrible. Some of the issues the customers had were just unbelievable. This company will take money from their customers without letting them know, and still not sort any of their problems out. The higher management treats the staff like crap as well, as we were constantly blamed for the company's shoddy service. The agents on the phone tried to help the customers as much as they could, but there is not a lot you can do when a customer hasn't received his bill for the past 5 years, and the company has been increasing his direct de it almost every 6 months nevertheless, without telling him what he is paying for. And when the customers ring up, blaming the company, the telephone agents get shouted at because the higher management has no one to blame. I would not recommend any one to start a career there!

Advice to Management

Treat your telephone agents well as they are the ones who are basically running the business mate! And the reason you have al least 80-90 calls waiting in the queue all the time is not because the agents are not doing their job, its because that many people have issues with the company, that you are in no hurry to resolve. I mean what kind of company takes 6 weeks to produce a final bill!!! Come on!! Rather than placing blame on the people who are actually trying to help the customers, try and look into the higher echelon of the company to figure out what you are doing wrong!!