First Utility Data Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Data Analyst

3.8

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No real maternity/paternity pay means that it is a hard ask to remain at the company if you want to build a family (in 17 reviews)

• The only drawback is car parking (in 14 reviews)

1. "First Utility Employment"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I have been working at First Utility full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, friendly environment and plenty of opportunities for progression. Really glad i joined the company when i had the opportunity as i have really enjoyed the last 2 years and the team i have worked with!

Cons

Maternity/ Paternity benefits could be reviewed

22 Oct 2017 – Chief People Officer

It's great to hear your feedback. You're not alone in observing the great, friendly environment and teams at First Utility. Because we're a successful and rapidly growing business there are loads... More

2. "Nice friendly and flexible environment to work within."

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I have been working at First Utility full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible
    Understanding
    Care for employee needs.
    Great progression opportunities

Cons

Canteen needs improvement because it takes too long to queue up in morning for breakfast when there are only a few people in there. Also sometimes facilities could be a little more understanding when you raise a request to them.

Advice to Management

Continue to ensure that you listen to your employee needs and be as flexible as possible.

19 Oct 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks very much for the great feedback.

You clearly know us well given your length of service with us, thank you for your continued contribution. It's heartening to read your particular... More

3. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at First Utility full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working at First Utility full time for just over 3 years, coming here from a competitor in the Energy market First Utility are definitely setting the bar to all other suppliers.

-Great salary in comparison to others
    - Good hours
    - Nice office(s) with lovely people

Cons

- Benefits are poor
    - Maternity and paternity poor
    - Lacks equality across team members and staff for certain scenarios(e.g working from home, change of hours(earlier finishes for some but not others)
    - Development is lacking in some roles, unless you wish to be a team leader there isn't much room for further development

Advice to Management

Benefits need to be improved greatly.
    From previous experience of a local competitor their benefits include additional holiday earned over years of service, early finishes/alternative shifts such as 7-3.30 to avoid traffic, good maternity and paternity.

19 Oct 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks very much for your feedback. Having been with us for just over 3 years, it's great to hear you say that we set the bar for other energy suppliers, especially given your past experience in the... More

"Promises much, delivers little"

Current Employee - Data Analyst
    Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at First Utility full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

#Fairly steady income
    #Nice office (that we are moving out of)
    #Nice working environment

Cons

# Lack of a pay rise
    #Poor career development
    # No room to develop new skills/training
    #None existant Mat/Pat pay
    #New positions are filled before or without being advertised / interviewed for
    #Severe lack of cross department communication
    #No benefits / bonus
    #Lack of parking spaces

Advice to Management

There are a few major issues. I along with most of my team have never had adequate training for the roles that we do. A large part of this stems from the fact that departments do not speak to each other. There are so many tools that could make my job a lot easier which I don't have access to and for reasons unexplained am not given training on. It just seems to be excuse after excuse.

Issues with pay as well, yes starting wage for most roles is competitive but swapping roles isn't some people are held to a 10% only increase on their current role with other people being given what they want. (a friend of mine got a 25% increase, where as I got 10%). Which is one of the many inconsistencies that come from HR.

Not to mention the fact in another team a member of staff has been made the new manager of the team without the role being advertised or interviewed for. There are many cases of if you face doesn't fit you won't have any support or help to progress and most managers have their 'favorites' but I believe this was a step too far.

The lack of good progression routes, wage increases, bonus scheme or Maternity or Paternity pay have meant I have seen many good colleagues leave the business.

12 Oct 2017 – Chief People Officer

Hi. Thanks for sharing your experience. I won't be able to do justice to all your comments but, if I may, I will respond to the key points raised. Firstly, in terms of job training we ask... More

"Developer"

I have been working at First Utility full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work. A lot of opportunities to learn new stuff.

Cons

Poor benefits make me thinking of leaving

Advice to Management

Do something with benefits as these is shameful that event staff tarff is more expensive then the best offers on the market, pension just 1% ... useless

26 Jun 2017 – Chief People Officer

Great feedback, thank you for taking the time to share it. It's great to hear that First Utility is a great place to work with opportunities to learn and grow. And as we expand our the range of... More