FirstPort "firstport" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

FirstPort Employee Reviews about "firstport"

Updated 5 Jan 2020

4.0
FirstPort Chief Executive Nigel Howell
Nigel Howell
Pros
  • "FirstPort have been very supportive to me with work through the difficult time I am currently facing(in 23 reviews)

• "It's a positive place to work with great people(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are lots of challenges and the business is very complex but as long as you are up for the challenge then there really are no Cons(in 5 reviews)

• "Development managers of retirement blocks can feel overwhelmed with the ever increasing list of things to they have to do and take responsibility for(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "firstport"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Supportive Employers"

Current Employee - EA to Chief Financial Officer in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at FirstPort full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

FirstPort have been very supportive to me with work through the difficult time I am currently facing. My husband had a heart transplant at the start of the year and his recovery is going well but now my 6 month old son needs a heart transplant. I am travelling between Great Ormund Street, Office and home in Luton but they have been very empathetic and supportive of my situation. I would definitely recommend FirstPort as an employer. I have been in the company for 8 years now and so have seen first hand the changes FirstPort has been through to become a great company to work for.

Cons

I have noting to add.

FirstPort2019-09-23
  2. "Too many skills jobs to do"

Former Employee - Development Manager in Thirsk, England

I worked at FirstPort full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Firstport very H&S conscious Feeling that company has my back & supportive

Cons

Not enough recognition by HO for difficulty of job Restrictions on use of contractors Residents speaking to you disresectfully Wages not reflective of job Progression highly improbable

Advice to Management

Plough more effort into DMs, they are the star of your show and need to be recognised for this.

FirstPort2020-01-05
  3. "A long and varied career"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at FirstPort part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A great company to work for. One full of people that cares about its customers. In my career I’ve been able to take on new jobs and develop my skills, always feeling supported. There is good access to learning and development and the FirstPort team are really supportive and friendly.

Cons

Our systems are a bit clunky (but we’re improving those as we speak) and when you’re new it can take a while to get to know who does what around the business and how teams work together to solve problems for the customer.

FirstPort2019-09-20
  4. "Great place to work - I’m treated with respect"

Current Employee - L&D Specialist in Hemel Hempstead, England

I have been working at FirstPort full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company really lives it’s values, people are Friendly, you are given space to be Inventive and create new things, you are treated with Respect, given support to improve your Skills and Trusted to deliver your work well and in the best way for both you and the business. The exec and senior managers here are genuinely friendly and, in my experience, quite open to conversation with all staff - it doesn’t seem hierarchical. If you are considering your next career move you would be wise to consider joining Firstport it really feels like a company on the verge of great things but doing business in the right way.

Cons

The business is in the process of a digital transformation so while that is happening there are still a few processes that are unwieldy and old fashioned but this does seem to now be a temporary situation

Advice to Management

Stay the course, the current direction looks great and it feels like it is already paying off

FirstPort2019-04-03
  5. "One FirstPort"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at FirstPort part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been with FirstPort for nearly 4 years and overall enjoy the company, my colleagues and enthusiasm many of team possess. I've always enjoyed the energy across the teams, felt a warm welcome and generally there is a 'one' team approach across the business. I originally joined the company full time and was able to reduce my hours following my return after maternity which enables me to have a reasonable work life balance. Having worked for a number of different firms within the sector I feel FirstPort offer a great package for its colleagues and as a large firm do well to communicate across various platforms to all colleagues engendering a one team / morality across the business. Initiatives such as the WOW awards are great and encourage internal and customer nominations. From a business delivery perspective, our values and delivery model is simple but consistent and at the forefront of everything we do - from day one the message has been clear and remains the same message. This has enabled us to all understand what is required, work towards the same goal (despite differing roles), measure our performance and improve our business.

Cons

As a large company come some downfalls - it is fast paced with a number of different business therefore some communication / changes are not always relayed, not all divisions / departments integrate.

Advice to Management

I feel inductions to the business and individual departments could be improved. Including re-introductions for those returning after long periods away from the business would be useful.

FirstPort2018-10-16
  6. "Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in London, England

I have been working at FirstPort full-time for less than a year

Pros

FirstPort is a company that lives it's values. The support I get to perform in my role and help others succeed is second to none. This allows me to ensure I can look after our customers and ensure I help them live happily in their own homes. It is a company that blends youth and experience very effectively.

Cons

I have identified no cons.

Advice to Management

Develop a clear progression/succession process that all can benefit from. I do feel that some team members are unsure how they can progress.

FirstPort2018-10-12
  7. "Property Manager Graduate Scheme"

I have been working at FirstPort full-time

Pros

I have only just started with the business but so far I have been made very welcome, every member of staff that i have met have been friendly. My training has been interactive and engaging. My first impression of FirstPort is that this is a company I believe I can stay with for many years that will help me grow.

Cons

So far there are not really any cons!

FirstPort2018-09-14
  8. "Graduate Review"

Current Employee - Graduate Propety Manager in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at FirstPort full-time for less than a year

Pros

Since joining I have had some great customer service training, as well as an introduction to the IRPM qualification that the business will be helping me to obtain. The 4 Pillars initiative clearly defines what good property management is and it has given me the right outlook for a successful career with FirstPort.

Cons

The experience so far has been very enjoyable so I do not have any constructive criticism.

FirstPort2018-09-14

"great company"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Southampton, England

I have been working at FirstPort full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of Pros to working at firstport, Great benefits, really good hours, lots of support and the whole team is very welcoming! and i mean EVERYONE

Cons

Advice to Management

Keep the focus you have on people

FirstPort2018-05-31
  10. ""FirstPort" the place to be."

Current Employee - Major Works Manager in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at FirstPort full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

FirstPort provide their staff with growth opportunities both professional and personal. There is a real feeling of moving forward and upward with the Exec leading from the front and engaging with the staff to provide the best possible service to our clients.

Cons

Trying to become the best we can with the shadow of a rock past looming over us.

Advice to Management

Keep being open and truly transparent about how the company is doing and what direction we are going in.

FirstPort2018-03-26