FitFlop Employee Reviews about "free lunches"

Updated 16 Jun 2017

3.5
FitFlop CEO Michael Lockett  (no image)
Michael Lockett
Pros
Cons
  • "High level of staff turnover, should value people more(in 4 reviews)

• "fast paced, must think quickly on your feet(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "free lunches"

Return to all Reviews

"Fun At FitFlop"

5.0
    Office & Facilities Manager in London, England

I have been working at FitFlop

Pros

I have worked at FitFlop for many years now, and I have to say they are one of the best companies I have worked for. I am luckily to work among some great people, who really know their trade and I have seen the positive changes in the company and see it grow and that come down to having a great team on board. All though we all work hard, there is always something fun and exciting, and their is lots going on around the office, which makes it a great environment to be in daily. Whether its a Sports Day in the Summer, a hot free lunch once a month, Strawberries and Cream when Wimbledon is on, Monthly Drinks, a Quiz night every other month and even free umbrellas for when its tipping down, and in the UK that is lot. We also have a wonderful benefit package which really makes a difference. All this things add up and it makes me feel really valued as an employee, i feel like a person not a number and for me that is really important for me in the work place.

Cons

Communication can break down sometimes, but processes are being put in place to improve that, and we have updated our soft ware and recently introduced Yammer to the business which will be able to connect us Globally and make us much stronger as company

"Mixed experience"

I worked at FitFlop full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Most staff are hard working, fun, and great to work with - Free lunches, summer/winter parties, sample sales - They try to create a fun, community environment

Cons

- HUGE ego's from some senior staff which creates tense, unprofessional and uncomfortable atmosphere - junior staff made to feel on edge with lack of respect or direction in workload. - No progression or career development plan, despite HR trying to implement this, it doesn't follow through. - High staff turnover (because the the above point/unstructured departments meaning people are either having to do too many roles, or there isn't a need for their role in the first place.

January 11, 2018Global HR Director

Thanks for your feedback. We're pleased to hear your feedback on our people and culture, something that we're really proud of. I can see that you left your review a little while ago (apologies for the late response) and we now have our Talent Guidelines and framework and a whole range of tools to support personal development. This means we've seen a real upturn in our internal development and promotions, which combined with significant investment in people (and learning and development) continues to make sure FitFlop is a great place to be for us all.

3. "Cozy Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Wholesale Coordinator in Putney, England

I have been working at FitFlop full-time for less than a year

Pros

perfect area, green and healthy, nice team and people, familiar vibe at work-healthy lifestyle with smoothie weeks and free lunch and a jogging path along the thamses

Cons

you do 10 things at once where the focus on the single task is lost easily, you cant really take care of sth or develop sth from the beginning to the end, salary progression not very high

April 6, 2016Head of HR

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear you enjoy working with the FitFlop team and that our approach to well-being hits the spot! We are lucky to be in a great location so when the sun is shining you can get plenty of exercise or just some fresh air. We also appreciate your comments on how we can get better. We have some great tools to support development (PDP's, learning opportunities, reviews and planning with your manager), but we can always improve. We're going to be looking at how we can bring more cross training and development into the customer service team now that our digital and wholesale teams are sitting together too. I can see you are a current employee so we'd love to be able to talk to you about how we can help. Please have a chat with your manager or pop down and see one of us in the HR team.

"Fantastic work environment and colleagues!"

4.0

I have been working at FitFlop full-time

Pros

FitFlop is pact full of passionate people and there is never a dull day! The Company provides loads of opportunity for everyone to get together to celebrate and socialise such as monthly pub quizzes, free lunches and bake offs. Plus there are annual events like Christmas and Summer parties. The benefits keep getting better and better and there are a generous amount of product discounts.

Cons

FitFlop is very busy and there are a lot of new ideas to drive forward, so if you are looking for a quiet place to work they might not be for you! There is also a less clear career path, like big corporate companies, but due to the size of the business there are many opportunities to become involved with exciting projects across the business and work with colleagues globally.

June 29, 2015Head of HR

Thanks so much for your review! Great to hear you enjoy the variety at FitFlop and all the social events we run. You're right, it's busy (and sounds like that's what you enjoy!) and that pace isn't for everyone. We move fast so we don't miss opportunities and it's fantastic to have so many amazing people on our teams. We hope you'll stick with us for the next chapter of our success!

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.