FitFlop Employee Reviews about "staff turnover"

Updated 19 Oct 2018

3.5
FitFlop CEO Michael Lockett  (no image)
Michael Lockett
Pros
Cons
  • "High level of staff turnover, should value people more(in 4 reviews)

• "fast paced, must think quickly on your feet(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "staff turnover"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Operations Project Manager"

5.0
    Current Employee - Operations Project Analyst in London, England

I have been working at FitFlop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Have been able to progress with the company, and really believe that it is a company that provides opportunity if you work hard

Cons

I think that the pay is below average for sector, and I am concerned by the high staff turnover

November 30, 2016Head of HR

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear that you have been able to progress. As we grow we are working even harder to make sure we create opportunities for our internal talent. We have a lot of focus on making sure our pay and reward packages are fair, and we aim to pay at the mid point of the salary range for each role. We invest in benchmarking to support our salary review process each year and will keep making sure our pay is fair, You're right, as we have grown we have had some changes in our teams and our business. This is exciting but we know it can be challenging. We've delivered change and resilience workshops for all employees and managers so we hope this has helped. As we grow we are working on improving communication even further and doing more of this through our senior leadership team. We love to get feedback so if you think there are areas where we need to improve please do share this with your line manager or direct to the operating board or any member of the HR team. Thanks again do your views and we wish you a long and happy career with FitFlop!

"Not good, not bad"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at FitFlop full-time

Pros

Some really good people trying hard to make a difference in terms of culture, business processes etc.

Cons

High level of staff turnover, should value people more.

May 28, 2019Global HR Director

Thank you for your review.

"Great company to work."

I have been working at FitFlop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

From the first days you are given the feeling of a great family atmosphere within the company. Meeting everyone that was fun. Great days at the summer fete and events weekly to keep everyone happy at the office. Free meals, quiz shows, and summer Fridays, which allows you to take half days holiday n summer period.

Cons

As you settle in, you get left alone to get on with things to develop yourself. The support from your manager is limited as they are trying to impress their own manager. As the work demands get hectic it gets very stressful. The staff turnover is worrying with people leaving suddenly and without notice and other staff under pressure of their role leaving after only a few months into their employment.

January 11, 2018Global HR Director

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. So glad to hear that you like the atmosphere and you enjoy the engagement and wellbeing activities we have in place - this is really important to us. I'm sorry to hear you don't feel you have enough time and feedback from your line manager. We actively encourage regular 1:1's and we know how important recognition and feedback is. I'd really encourage you to come and have a confidential chat with me or one of the HR team so we can support you in the right way with this.

"Mixed experience"

I worked at FitFlop full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Most staff are hard working, fun, and great to work with - Free lunches, summer/winter parties, sample sales - They try to create a fun, community environment

Cons

- HUGE ego's from some senior staff which creates tense, unprofessional and uncomfortable atmosphere - junior staff made to feel on edge with lack of respect or direction in workload. - No progression or career development plan, despite HR trying to implement this, it doesn't follow through. - High staff turnover (because the the above point/unstructured departments meaning people are either having to do too many roles, or there isn't a need for their role in the first place.

January 11, 2018Global HR Director

Thanks for your feedback. We're pleased to hear your feedback on our people and culture, something that we're really proud of. I can see that you left your review a little while ago (apologies for the late response) and we now have our Talent Guidelines and framework and a whole range of tools to support personal development. This means we've seen a real upturn in our internal development and promotions, which combined with significant investment in people (and learning and development) continues to make sure FitFlop is a great place to be for us all.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.