Fitbit Engineering Manager Reviews

Updated 4 Feb 2020

Fitbit CEO James Park
James Park
1 Rating
  1. "Following mission statement, improving engineering values"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for less than a year

Pros

Teams look at themselves honestly and transparently searching for improvement and recognizing successes. Recently, teams have enhanced emphasis on inter-team communications and common goals.

Cons

Over the years, teams have developed into silos. Holistic changes need to overcome inertia.

Continue reading

Fitbit Response

June 9, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. While we have things to work on, we're glad you've sensed the honesty and transparency that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Fitbit. We will continue to work and grow our Engineering Values to embed them in our culture every day. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

"Executive level focus amidst day-to-day ambiguity and change"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

James and Eric have excellent vision and focus- I don't see myself working on projects that get canceled partway through development. Great people in most organizations. Strong desire to develop high quality products that can make an impact on people's lives. Good opportunities to make an impact on the company, if you are pro-active. Open purse strings to support product development.

Cons

You have to prove yourself to get a promotion. Problematic groups (too boys club, not adequately staffed, etc) and more disturbing, no push to make them better. People say "oh yea, that group would be terrible to work in", but nothing is done about it! Hesitation to define any policy has resulted in us losing a lot of original Fitbit culture. No strong HR organization until very recently- so no training, coaching, education. But it's coming. Desks are terrible- engineers need large desks with shelving/storage.

Continue reading

Fitbit Response

August 16, 2015CPO

Thanks so much for your review. This is great feedback. Please feel free to drop in to HR to provide even more - it's really helpful. We are ramping up on our employee development side, and will be soliciting input along the way, but would love to hear more. Would love to chat about best ways to knowledge share across departments, etc.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews