Fitbit Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 13 Jan 2021

4.1
Fitbit CEO James Park
James Park
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Probably one of the best employers in the world"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Bucharest

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Start-up inclusive culture, like one big family, never had a day where I would be misunderstood, stressed out to the breaking point, or having someone else backlash towards me. Great managers, who actually listen, and focus on work-life balance. And everybody's smiling, kind of a weird first week experience, but I got used to it, and started smiling.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. "Great company, poor work life balance"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really cares for employees Great co-workers Amazing mission

Cons

Poor work life balance mediocre processes

3. "Great room for growth"

Current Contractor - Analyst in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fitbit for more than a year

Pros

Great room for growth and a great atmosphere. Office environment is inviting and friendly.

Cons

Work life balance can be a bit of a challenge

January 4, 2021People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're glad you've sensed the positive working environment that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Fitbit. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

4. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Ios Software Engineer in Bucharest

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Working alongside very talented people; - Managers do care for your work-life-balance; - Great and complex projects to work on; - Code reviews are quite serious and people do care about the code you write; - Always working with the latest and greatest technologies;

Cons

None yet. Keep up the good work!

September 28, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're so glad you appreciate your talented co-workers, support from management and the passion we have for producing the best product. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

5. "Good working environment"

Current Contractor - Marketing Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit for more than a year

Pros

Good working environment and work-life balance

Cons

decision making is hard, need to go over too many people

November 4, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're glad you have had a great experience with our work-life balance, and will take note of your response with the decision making process. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

6. "Great people and innovation potential, mediocre execution"

Former Employee - User Experience in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Really liked the people there as they're fun, passionate for health, and very smart - You get to focus on holistically improving users' health - Leadership cares about the mission - Exciting product concepts to work on - Good overall compensation package - Great work/life balance and wellness centric work culture :)

Cons

- Mediocre execution, especially on the software side of the business - Big company culture with lots of meetings and discussions, but still limited resources - So so communication from leadership

September 25, 2020People Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Fitbit. We're glad you've sensed the powerful mission and great work life balance that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Fitbit. Your feedback is important to us.

7. "You could be having a great life or you could be working at Fitbit"

2.0
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Bucharest

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Salary gets delivered every month on the same day - I guess the money is pretty good, otherwise I can't understand why I would still be working here - There is no accountability, so you can't get fired, even if you don't do anything

Cons

- Defensive, ineffective management - There is NO training for Management. You do whatever you want without any consequences - No fun, there's a culture of fear driving people to deliver - Nearly everybody is aggressive ion meetings - Long hours, no overtime pay - No work-life balance - Promotions offered based on favour, not merit

Continue reading

September 22, 2020People Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Fitbit. Your feedback is important to us and we are sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like to share additional feedback, please reach out to us at glassdoorfeedback@fitbit.com.

8. "Good company to work at. No career ladder"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Work life balance - Interesting projects to work on - Very good people - New technologies

Cons

- Very hard to no opportunity to grow. - No strictly, well defined career ladder

September 24, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. While we have things to work on, we're glad you've sensed the flexible work life balance and engaging projects that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Fitbit. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

9. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New Rochelle, NY

I worked at Fitbit full-time

Pros

Mentorship opportunities. Lots of opportunities, great experience overall. Great co-workers.

Cons

Poor work-life balance. It's the norm to work 12-14 hours every day

July 31, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. While we have things to work on, we're glad you're enjoying our mentorship program and the opportunities for growth! We appreciate all that you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

"Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good communication, excellent workplace, Lot of opportunities, Very good Work/Life Balance

Cons

I haven't seen any cons

June 10, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're so glad you've enjoyed our work/life balance and the opportunity to grow within that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Fitbit. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 English Reviews