Found 271 of over 304 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "friendly staff and it was good learning about different sports gear" (in 15 reviews)
- "The people there were great and were one of the main reasons I stayed for the length of time I did." (in 15 reviews)
- "Great team and atmosphere." (in 11 reviews)
- "Amazing support by line manager and team mates, great work life balance, free gym membership." (in 4 reviews)
- "Career progression." (in 3 reviews)
- "Low pay and cold at reception made to stand" (in 29 reviews)
- "Poor management" (in 16 reviews)
- "They pay minimum wage and treat staff like they're expendable." (in 14 reviews)
- "Low salary, lack of support for staff, no incentives, no pay increases, not enough staff on daily basis, no substantial security for staff." (in 13 reviews)
- "Can be long hours and hard to get clients" (in 13 reviews)
- 5.021 Aug 2023Fitness InstructorCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Good staff culture In depth training provided Flexible hours Good working environment Free membership
Low salary/wages Early 5.30am or late 10.30pm shifts
- 2.04 Sept 2023Membership ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Gym membership to all their gyms and discounts for friends
Overworked, a lot of stress piled on
- 5.021 Dec 2022Group Fitness InstructorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
-Flexible Hours -Competitive Salary -Progression Potential - being able to apply for promotions, courses, training within club and the company in order to continue career progression/ -Support in career development and opportunities to further your skills and knowledge in club - Great community and working atmosphere in a professional and high standard fitness environment - Approachable management with complete discretion when/if needed - Free membership and facilities access during and off shift at any club - Collaborative nature within the team; being able to contribute to ideas on improving the service and facilities within club - Hours lunch break where you are free to train and use facilities
- If working for a busy club and you need a little more flexibility when it comes to work life balance because you may have children, or other commitments in personal life, a two week Rota shifting pattern between early, middle and late shifts could be an option so there is a real support for a work life balance for those that need it a bit more.
- 3.025 Aug 2023National Product ManagerFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsLondon, England
Passion job which allows you to connect with like minded people
little to no development within central management.
- 1.017 Aug 2023Fitness ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
free gym membership (not worth it)
Horrible work culture Horribly low wages (literally minimum wage for hard job with qualifications required)
- 3.09 Jul 2023Fitness CoachCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Good to work for as someone to lessen their business
Long progression time, could take months even it shouldn't take that long to progress
- 4.012 Apr 2023General ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Progression and opportunities within the company if you are willing to roll your sleeves up. Fairly flexible working hours. The people and the community.
Micromanagement Business strategy Moderate to low Salary and very little employee benefits
- 5.017 Mar 2023General ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
Responsibility given to drive the business forward your own way. Great guidance and then allowed to do what want with the team and members. Enjoyed my years with the business.
Can be pressure at times - but well meant.
Fitness First UK Reviews FAQs
Fitness First UK has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 304 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Fitness First UK to a friend and 34% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.
67% of Fitness First UK employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fitness First UK 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.