Fletchers Solicitors Reviews

Found 104 of over 105 reviews

4.7
Fletchers Solicitors CEO Alex Hatchman
Alex Hatchman
Pros
  • "Flexi time and bonus schemes are good(in 10 reviews)

• "I have had 2 promotions since working here for just under 2 years there are lots of opportunities to progress and management are eager to help you(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is no cons with Fletchers(in 8 reviews)

• "Haven't come across any to mention so far(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company for Work and life balance, lots of opportunities for personal development

15 Jun 2021 - Senior Test Analyst in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A really good work environment and understanding firm, amazing employee benefits, lots of mental/emotional support & the firm really cares about mental health, approachable managers, interesting work, All of the teams are approachable and friendly and more than willing to help support you. There are lots of opportunities for personal development which is actively encouraged.

Cons

no cons other than Salaries are low compared to other companies

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I am SO proud to work for Fletchers!

7 Jan 2021 - Litigation Executive - Medical Negligence in Southport, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been employed by Fletchers for around 18 months. Fletchers are very keen and eager to develop and train their staff and there is a big emphasis on training and development of the workforce. I came in as a Senior Paralegal assisting on files and less than 12 months later, I obtained a role as Litigation Executive, running my own caseload. I will also shortly be commencing an apprenticeship to become a solicitor via the SQE route. Every staff member I have come across and those with whom I work directly, are all very supportive and friendly. There is a real family feel to Fletchers and the people are genuinely lovely. Management are also very approachable and are willing to "mix" with staff. This doesn't come across as forced; it is because they genuinely want to. There is no fear of approaching management/directors with questions, problems or woes. From previous employment experience elsewhere, this is rare! Fletchers really do look after their staff and for this I will always be grateful. Throughout the pandemic, Fletchers have supported me fantastically and it gives me more motivation to give my best. There is lots to get involved in as well but absolutely no pressure.

Cons

When working in the office, Yorkshire Teabags would be appreciated as the current ones are not up to standard haha!

3. 5.0

Great company

1 Jun 2021 - Junior Litigation Executive in Southport, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful managers, great team, lots of benefits

Cons

No cons at the moment

4. 5.0

Exciting times ahead!

20 Jan 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Southport, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very people focused and fantastic opportunities. They are forward thinking and balance the family feel with being commercial incredibly well. The benefits are amazing with bonus' paid 4 times a year, and this still happened during Covid. Holidays are above the norm, enhanced pension, holiday purchase, service days, fantastic social events (pre Covid of course) a benefits platform with great discounts and many more. The management team are really encouraging of their team members to progress. It's a shame that some people are short sighted and find it convenient to not look at themselves if things don't go the way they want it to. Success comes to those who earn it, not for those who believe they are "entitled" to it.

Cons

I love it here and have never been happier - so no cons for me.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Didn’t realise great companies actually existed!!

22 Feb 2021 - Office Administration
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working - I haven’t been into the office due to the pandemic but the working from home set up is sleek and I feel just as included as I would in the office. They care - I have calls to check I am doing okay and weekly checks ins for staff to make sure everyone is well. Training - lots of room to develop your career and the training is brilliant. Staff - Always someone to help no matter what their job title is, a lovely atmosphere and a real family feel.

Cons

Non and I can say this with absolute honesty it’s a great place to work and I am really lucky to be a part of it.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Flexibility and Fletchers' progressive attitude allows a great work/life balance

10 Dec 2020 - Solicitor in Southport, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Brilliant progression opportunities, I have qualified within the firm & moved roles numerous times. 2. Flexibility such as condensed hours & the new home-working allows those with other commitments to work full-time & progress where they may otherwise be unable to 3. The staff are great, I have made some life-long friends & social events (pre-covid) are always really well attended and good fun and the vast majority of managers and senior staff are really approachable, genuine & happy to help. 4. Feedback is taken on board & the company are always looking for new ways to improve including seeking staff feedback.

Cons

1. Having worked in different departments, I have had many different experiences of life at Fletchers, some much more positive than others. There is the possibility to get lost in the crowd if you are in a large team and new, depending upon different management. 2. While bonus payments boost salary, there can be long gaps between pay rises however they tend to be fairly large and fair increases when received & generally an annual 'cost of living' increase is awarded each year.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive atmosphere

21 Dec 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Southport, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've only been with the company 10 months or so, and most of that has been working remotely through the pandemic. But I can honestly say the whole company is so supportive of one another. I've been able to build relationships across lots of departments, despite home-working and everyone is really considerate and respectful of one another. This is a large business with almost 500 staff, so to retain that 'family' feel is really very impressive. I've learnt an awful lot from the legal teams (I am not a solicitor myself) and I find the area of law the company specialises in to be really rewarding.

Cons

The offices are based one in Southport and one in Manchester. Southport isn't the easiest place to commute to, so might not be ideal for some candidates. The train station is only a couple minutes walk away though.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Positive environment to work in

10 Dec 2020 - Litigation Executive in Southport, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The office environment is not like one I have worked in previously everyone is friendly to each other and everyone is happy to help and smiles when they pass you. I have had 2 promotions since working here for just under 2 years there are lots of opportunities to progress and management are eager to help you. I have made lots of friends who are now not only friends within but outside the company. The incentives/benefits are great and always coming.

Cons

The socials are the best and there is always so many so there is something for everyone, so it's a shame that with the current pandemic they can't go ahead but I know they will be back with a vengeance one day

9. 5.0

Great Place to Work

8 Jan 2021 - Paralegal in Southport, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A really caring and understanding firm, amazing employee benefits, lots of mental/emotional support & the firm really cares about mental health, approachable managers, interesting work, pleasant office environment, kind colleagues who are always willing to help, lots of training opportunities, career progression, great management, the firm and the staff genuinely care about the clients & the work they do, and the management genuinely care for their employees, too.

Cons

The toilets could be slightly cleaner in my opinion.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good benefits, low salary

9 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits package and bonus

Cons

Salaries are low compared to other companies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 104 Reviews