Fletchers Solicitors Employee Reviews about "flexi time"

Updated May 22, 2018

Found 10 of over 120 reviews

4.8
Fletchers Solicitors CEO Alex Hatchman
Alex Hatchman
Pros
  • "Flexi time and bonus schemes are good(in 10 reviews)

• "I have had 2 promotions since working here for just under 2 years there are lots of opportunities to progress and management are eager to help you(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is no cons with Fletchers(in 8 reviews)

• "Haven't come across any to mention so far(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Law

Join the conversation on

Law

4m

an

Associate Attorney

It seems partners are much more flexible with associates who have kids than with those who don’t. If it’s okay for my colleague with a kid to leave at 5 pm and log on later, why isn’t that the same for me (no kids)? My obligations might be different, but I still have a life and want to be able to do certain things, like catch that evening workout class or cook dinner for my partner. As you can probably tell, my firm is operating 100% in person. There is no point here — I’m just whining.

3,320

405 Comments

Law

47.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/law/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Fletchers Solicitors~825067
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "flexi time"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to Work

May 22, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are fantastic, there is a real family feel and an 'all in it together' feel. I absolutely love my team, they make coming to work a pleasure Flexi-time Fun events such as Fridge Friday, Family fun day, Summer Ball Commitment to mental health and well-being The managers I have come across are very laid back and easy going despite being target and quality focused LOVE awards

Cons

So much food around the office, not good for the figure Sick pay could be better

Director of People

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that on the whole you find working here very positive (if not for the diet - a problem I definitely share!). We're about to start a review of benefits and will certainly take on board your comment about sick pay.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Assistant fee earner

May 15, 2018 - Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free fruit Flexi time Reasonable with medical appointments etc Great chances for progression (although this doesn’t matter as the salaries are shocking) Extra holidays the longer you’ve worked there

Cons

Appalling salaries Micro-management - ridiculous emails sent about why targets haven’t been hit when it is impossible Unrealistic targets Ridiculous bonus scheme with high expectations to get the bare minimum The people team “try” to listen but don’t do anything about the problems people are experiencing In the past 2 years I have worked at fletchers I would not recommend to anyone. I think they have the potential to be a good firm and all for the people but they aren’t. I can’t fault the directors, whenever I bump in to them Ed, Stephen, Alex and Rob are all lovely and I enjoy talking to them. I think the biggest problem is the management have too much power and enjoy putting pressure / misery on their team.

3 people found this review helpful

Director of People

Thanks for your feedback. We're working hard to improve the experience of working at Fletchers for all our team members. We benchmark our salaries regularly against similar companies in our sector and believe them to be competitive, especially taking into account the additional benefits we offer. If you would like to discuss your feedback further, I'd be happy to meet with you confidentially.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Good benefits, poor management and remuneration

Mar 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexi time and regular social events

Cons

Staff retention is low and management have little interest in career paths for their teams. Salaries are the bare minimum they can be for non-management roles.

People Manager

Thank you for your review: I hope you’re enjoying your new role. The L&D team works with managers to ensure that there are plenty of development opportunities for all team members. We already support a large number of team members with training in various different disciplines and we are developing our offer all the time with clearer pathways to progression and career paths through the company. If you would like to discuss your thoughts further, I'd be happy to meet with you personally on a confidential basis.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

Oct 25, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management really care about the staff. Management and directors are very approachable. Great opportunities to develop. Nice environment to work in. Flexi time and bonus schemes are good. Regular meetings to keep staff updated. Good computer system.

Cons

Travelling each day- would be great if there was an office in Liverpool!

CEO

Many thanks for your kind and positive feedback. We'll keep trying to improve your experience of working at Fletchers. Thanks again, Ed

5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Lack of respect, low salaries

Mar 30, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great social team and flexi time benefits, as well as free tea and coffee and other benefits listed on their careers page.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of communication and transparency between management and their employees, and a large gap in salaries between supervisors and their team. If you're looking for a fair deal, be prepared to be offered quite a base level salary. They have been saying about reviewing salary bandings for a few years now, but certain departments seem to get forgotten.

2 people found this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of working with us. All feedback is very important to us - and we always act on it. Communication is really important to us and your feedback will help to make sure it stays at the top of the agenda for both management and employees. Salary bandings are being introduced and published firm-wide from May, which will give all our employees transparent and fair opportunities with regards to pay.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great firm to work for

Dec 16, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fletchers is a great place to work if you are training and want a career in law. You will be supported and developed from the moment you arrive. There are no "big egos" here at Fletchers, the Directors are friendly and approachable and the social aspect is fantastic, with clubs and events going on all the time. The firm provides flexi-time which means a great work-life balance.

Cons

I genuinely can't think of any cons at the moment! Fletchers really is a great place to work!

Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion, this helps us to keep doing what we do well, better! We'll make sure we don't give you any reason to find a 'con' and I hope you continue to enjoy your career with us.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very decent company

Nov 5, 2015 - Trainee Proclaim Developer in Southport, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexi time, directors are very approachable, brilliant IT team, great benefits scheme, decent management structure. I had a very good time working here at Fletchers, I unfortunately had to look elsewhere to work as travel was too expensive.

Cons

Sometimes the fee earners/managers can expect a bit too much from other support departments. Sociable environment could be better but still a fantastic company.

Head of People

Thank you for your review of your time with us. We have already embarked on a more inclusive social programme this year and will look to improve this further going forward. Communication between all depts. is so important and this is a huge part of our strategy to improve collaboration and communication - across all levels and depts.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work, apart from the pay.

May 29, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are friendly, good team spirit, not too much pressure, Flexi time.

Cons

Pay is pretty poor, which seems to be the consensus across most departments. not many career prospects in certain departments. there's no chance of pay increasing regardless of how long you work here.

Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to give your opinion and views on working at Fletchers. Being a great place to work is very important to us and your feedback helps us to work towards this. Pay is a big part of our reward and recognition strategy over the next financial year. We are working towards being more transparent and consistent in what we offer, and aim to have this in place for April 2016.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Hours, Great People

May 20, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are great a real feeling of being part of a team no matter what department your in. The flexi time is good too when you have things at home that you need to get away for.

Cons

The wages don't match up to what other companies pay. We don't always get to hear what's going on.

Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're really pleased that you enjoy working with us so much and enjoy the opportunity to take flexi. Pay is very high on the HR agenda for the next financial year and we are aware that we don't always communicate well as an organisation. You will see changes in both areas over the next 6-12mths that will improve this.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fletchers Solicitors

Aug 3, 2015 - Proclaim Developer in Saint Helens
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff and management are all very friendly and approachable and always interested to hear how your day is going. The directors do their best to keep staff up to date on what they are doing to drive the business forward and how well the company is doing in terms of company targets. Great team culture and company values are emphasized a lot. Flexi time - Allows a great work/life balance and extra day off per month providing you build up the time.

Cons

Parking - There is a lack of free/affordable parking spaces nearby and company car park can only be used by certain members of staff although I believe management are working on a discounted parking scheme.

Head of People

Thank you for your feedback. We're really pleased that our efforts to improve how we communicate what is going on and what the business is planning is becoming much clearer. We are working on a subsidised parking solution for all staff, that we are looking to to launch in April'16.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews