Fletchers Solicitors Employee Reviews about "flexi time"

Updated 22 May 2018

4.6
Fletchers Solicitors CEO Alex Hatchman
Alex Hatchman
0 Rating
Pros
Cons
  • "Haven't come across any to mention so far(in 7 reviews)

• "I haven't come across a down side to working at Fletchers(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "flexi time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Fletchers Solicitors part-time

Pros

The people are fantastic, there is a real family feel and an 'all in it together' feel. I absolutely love my team, they make coming to work a pleasure Flexi-time Fun events such as Fridge Friday, Family fun day, Summer Ball Commitment to mental health and well-being The managers I have come across are very laid back and easy going despite being target and quality focused LOVE awards

Cons

So much food around the office, not good for the figure Sick pay could be better

May 29, 2018Director of People

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that on the whole you find working here very positive (if not for the diet - a problem I definitely share!). We're about to start a review of benefits and will certainly take on board your comment about sick pay.

"Assistant fee earner"

Current Employee - Assistant

I have been working at Fletchers Solicitors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free fruit Flexi time Reasonable with medical appointments etc Great chances for progression (although this doesn’t matter as the salaries are shocking) Extra holidays the longer you’ve worked there

Cons

Appalling salaries Micro-management - ridiculous emails sent about why targets haven’t been hit when it is impossible Unrealistic targets Ridiculous bonus scheme with high expectations to get the bare minimum The people team “try” to listen but don’t do anything about the problems people are experiencing In the past 2 years I have worked at fletchers I would not recommend to anyone. I think they have the potential to be a good firm and all for the people but they aren’t. I can’t fault the directors, whenever I bump in to them Ed, Stephen, Alex and Rob are all lovely and I enjoy talking to them. I think the biggest problem is the management have too much power and enjoy putting pressure / misery on their team.

May 21, 2018Director of People

Thanks for your feedback. We're working hard to improve the experience of working at Fletchers for all our team members. We benchmark our salaries regularly against similar companies in our sector and believe them to be competitive, especially taking into account the additional benefits we offer. If you would like to discuss your feedback further, I'd be happy to meet with you confidentially.

"Good benefits, poor management and remuneration"

I worked at Fletchers Solicitors full-time

Pros

Flexi time and regular social events

Cons

Staff retention is low and management have little interest in career paths for their teams. Salaries are the bare minimum they can be for non-management roles.

April 3, 2018People Manager

Thank you for your review: I hope you’re enjoying your new role. The L&D team works with managers to ensure that there are plenty of development opportunities for all team members. We already support a large number of team members with training in various different disciplines and we are developing our offer all the time with clearer pathways to progression and career paths through the company. If you would like to discuss your thoughts further, I'd be happy to meet with you personally on a confidential basis.

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at Fletchers Solicitors full-time

Pros

The management really care about the staff. Management and directors are very approachable. Great opportunities to develop. Nice environment to work in. Flexi time and bonus schemes are good. Regular meetings to keep staff updated. Good computer system.

Cons

Travelling each day- would be great if there was an office in Liverpool!

October 31, 2016CEO

Many thanks for your kind and positive feedback. We'll keep trying to improve your experience of working at Fletchers. Thanks again, Ed

"Lack of respect, low salaries"

I worked at Fletchers Solicitors full-time

Pros

Great social team and flexi time benefits, as well as free tea and coffee and other benefits listed on their careers page.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of communication and transparency between management and their employees, and a large gap in salaries between supervisors and their team. If you're looking for a fair deal, be prepared to be offered quite a base level salary. They have been saying about reviewing salary bandings for a few years now, but certain departments seem to get forgotten.

April 4, 2016Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of working with us. All feedback is very important to us - and we always act on it. Communication is really important to us and your feedback will help to make sure it stays at the top of the agenda for both management and employees. Salary bandings are being introduced and published firm-wide from May, which will give all our employees transparent and fair opportunities with regards to pay.

"Great firm to work for"

I have been working at Fletchers Solicitors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fletchers is a great place to work if you are training and want a career in law. You will be supported and developed from the moment you arrive. There are no "big egos" here at Fletchers, the Directors are friendly and approachable and the social aspect is fantastic, with clubs and events going on all the time. The firm provides flexi-time which means a great work-life balance.

Cons

I genuinely can't think of any cons at the moment! Fletchers really is a great place to work!

January 6, 2016Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion, this helps us to keep doing what we do well, better! We'll make sure we don't give you any reason to find a 'con' and I hope you continue to enjoy your career with us.

7. "Very decent company"

Former Employee - Trainee Proclaim Developer in Southport, England

I worked at Fletchers Solicitors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexi time, directors are very approachable, brilliant IT team, great benefits scheme, decent management structure. I had a very good time working here at Fletchers, I unfortunately had to look elsewhere to work as travel was too expensive.

Cons

Sometimes the fee earners/managers can expect a bit too much from other support departments. Sociable environment could be better but still a fantastic company.

January 6, 2016Head of People

Thank you for your review of your time with us. We have already embarked on a more inclusive social programme this year and will look to improve this further going forward. Communication between all depts. is so important and this is a huge part of our strategy to improve collaboration and communication - across all levels and depts.

"Good place to work, apart from the pay."

I have been working at Fletchers Solicitors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are friendly, good team spirit, not too much pressure, Flexi time.

Cons

Pay is pretty poor, which seems to be the consensus across most departments. not many career prospects in certain departments. there's no chance of pay increasing regardless of how long you work here.

June 1, 2015Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to give your opinion and views on working at Fletchers. Being a great place to work is very important to us and your feedback helps us to work towards this. Pay is a big part of our reward and recognition strategy over the next financial year. We are working towards being more transparent and consistent in what we offer, and aim to have this in place for April 2016.

"Great Hours, Great People"

I have been working at Fletchers Solicitors full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people here are great a real feeling of being part of a team no matter what department your in. The flexi time is good too when you have things at home that you need to get away for.

Cons

The wages don't match up to what other companies pay. We don't always get to hear what's going on.

June 1, 2015Head of People

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're really pleased that you enjoy working with us so much and enjoy the opportunity to take flexi. Pay is very high on the HR agenda for the next financial year and we are aware that we don't always communicate well as an organisation. You will see changes in both areas over the next 6-12mths that will improve this.

10. "Fletchers Solicitors"

Current Employee - Proclaim Developer in Saint Helens

I have been working at Fletchers Solicitors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff and management are all very friendly and approachable and always interested to hear how your day is going. The directors do their best to keep staff up to date on what they are doing to drive the business forward and how well the company is doing in terms of company targets. Great team culture and company values are emphasized a lot. Flexi time - Allows a great work/life balance and extra day off per month providing you build up the time.

Cons

Parking - There is a lack of free/affordable parking spaces nearby and company car park can only be used by certain members of staff although I believe management are working on a discounted parking scheme.

August 7, 2015Head of People

Thank you for your feedback. We're really pleased that our efforts to improve how we communicate what is going on and what the business is planning is becoming much clearer. We are working on a subsidised parking solution for all staff, that we are looking to to launch in April'16.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 10 English Reviews