Flight Centre Travel Group Reviews

Updated 9 Jul 2020

3.8
Flight Centre Travel Group CEO Graham "Skroo" Turner
Graham "Skroo" Turner
Pros
  • "Unlimited annual leave, lots of travel, work hard play hard(in 60 reviews)

• "Employee benefits ranging from health and wellbeing support to financial advice and travel perks(in 56 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst Programmer in New Malden, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Brilliant people - Work hard, play hard environment - Challenging work with each day being different

Cons

- Egalitarianism undervalues work in regards to promotions - Misunderstandings between team members and leaders

September 2, 2019Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for your review of working as a Senior Analyst Programmer in our head office. Do reach out to the HR or careers team for any issues or concerns regarding any misunderstandings that we can help you with.

2. "Great culture and inspirational CEO"

Former Employee - Chief Financial Officer in London, England

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, lively culture. Encourage entrepreneurial attitude. Have avoided becoming too corporate despite size of global business.

Cons

Difference in time zones between UK and Head Office (in Brisbane) can make communication / meetings more challenging. Tend to promote from within which can make it difficult for outsiders to prosper / get a foot in the door

Continue reading
  3. "Great fun place to work"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Bristol, England

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people, the reward trips and pay if you do well

Cons

Long hours and weekend working.

"Good if you like that sort of thing"

Former Employee - Different Positions Held in London, England

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People. Social aspect of the job. Easy to move through company. Coaching and Development

Cons

Long hours. Awful systems. Work/life balance. Pay. Some managers.

March 16, 2020

Thank you for your review of your experience working for us as a Travel Consultant. Some of the behaviours that you describe in your review is not something that is endorsed by Flight Centre and does not uphold the values of our organisation. We encourage anyone who has worked for us before and is able to give us feedback to contact us at applications@flightcentre.co.uk so that we are able to investigate your comments further.

5. "Great place to work for"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in New Malden, England

Pros

Great culture and efficiency. Loved working there

Cons

None that I can think of

January 30, 2020Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's lovely to hear that you enjoy working at Flight Centre.

6. "Flight Centre"

Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Woking, England

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training and access to destination specific training. Company mindset is fun and proactive.

Cons

Sales roles are still target reliant and can be disheartening. A lot of promises about advancement especially globally seem to be very hard to access.

January 30, 2020Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is good to hear that you are pleased with the training fun aspects of the company and the proactive approach we have. Unfortunately, it is the nature of all sales based roles to be target reliant. Do get in touch with the careers team if you wish to speak to someone about global opportunities: recruitmentdl@flightcentre.co.uk

7. "Not a company for Professionals"

1.0
    Former Employee - Engineer Support in New Malden, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Office is next to New Malden train station

Cons

I worked for flight centre for few months. This company is definitely not for professionals/ degree holders . I used to work in central London so thought to work in suburban location (New Malden) as it will save commenting time to central London but turned out to be a wrong decision. Company has poor working conditions and employee retention rate is low. In short, company is in chaos situation with more & more high street stores closing every year and revenue generation is becoming a problem. Weekly working hours are 42.5 hours per week so no work-home balanced life. People who are used to Agile working environment should not apply for any positions in this company.

March 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working for Flight Centre. We're saddened to know your working style wasn't a perfect match with our company, and we'll make sure to pass your feedback ahead. Best of luck on your future projects!

8. "Poor culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Travel Agent in London, England

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can get good travel deals and there is potential to move out of being a travel agent fairly easily

Cons

Encouragement of dishonesty when dealing with customers Bullying Alcohol-driven culture Theft

February 21, 2020Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for your review of your experience working for us as a Travel Consultant. The behaviour that you describe in your review is not something that is endorsed by Flight Centre and does not uphold the values of our organisation. We encourage anyone who has worked for us before and is able to give us feedback to contact us at applications@flightcentre.co.uk so that we are able to investigate your comments further.

9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Workplace benefits as well as uncapped earnings

Cons

None to speak of really

January 5, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience of working for Flight Centre! We're happy to know you're enjoying your time with us, making the most of the workplace benefits and the performance-based pay structure!

10. "Good commission after one year"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

Pros

Easy sell Lots of training

Cons

Clique company It’s not about what you know it’s who you know

November 27, 2019Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about the Business Development Manager role within London. Do let our HR department or Recruitment team know about any issues that arise and we will do our best to help with anything: applications@flightcentre.co.uk

Found 718 reviews