Flight Centre Travel Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 1118 reviews

3.4
Flight Centre Travel Group CEO Graham "Skroo" Turner
Graham "Skroo" Turner
Pros
  • "Work hard/play hard - if you like that(in 57 reviews)

• "Employee benefits ranging from health and wellbeing support to financial advice and travel perks(in 54 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst Programmer in New Malden, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Brilliant people - Work hard, play hard environment - Challenging work with each day being different

Cons

- Egalitarianism undervalues work in regards to promotions - Misunderstandings between team members and leaders

Flight Centre Travel Group2019-08-16

September 2, 2019Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for your review of working as a Senior Analyst Programmer in our head office. Do reach out to the HR or careers team for any issues or concerns regarding any misunderstandings that we can help you with.

2. "Fun place to work, brilliant for sales experience and broadening worldwide travel knowledge"

Former Employee - International Travel Consultant

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brilliant fun, lovely people to work with, and so interesting to broaden geographical and cultural knowledge

Cons

Stressful when busy and meeting customer expectations. Heavy focus on sales and meeting monthly targets, but incentives and team motivation are used.

Advice to Management

Would be useful to encourage all consultants to focus on high attention to details as well as fast paced working and sales techniques.

Flight Centre Travel Group2019-10-08
  3. "Low Salary and long hours"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in London, England

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good colleagues and team spirit.

Cons

Long hours and little support from managers.

Flight Centre Travel Group2019-10-12
  4. "Good to grow"

Current Employee - Contract Specialist
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Good to learn how this area works

Cons

Low salary and much stress

Flight Centre Travel Group2019-09-16

September 30, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience of working for Flight Centre. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us. As with all current employee reviews, we will take on board your constructive feedback. It's true that the role as a travel consultant with Flight Centre is a sales and target driven role with performance based pay. It's not something that everyone will enjoy, however if you enjoy working toward goals and a pay structure that grows as you grow, you'll enjoy it here. As at July, 2019, guaranteed minimum earnings for a first year consultant with no prior experience is $41,118 per year. This can increase up to $48,897 for a qualified and experienced consultant. Penalty rates for weekends and evening work are paid in addition to these amounts as well as employee commission payments which operate on a scale from 10% to 35% of the total monthly company commission that you achieve.

"Career with Flight Centre"

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in London, England

Pros

There are quite a lot of Pro's to mention, one stand out aspect for me is the supportive nature of the company. Your ambitions are taken on board and there is plenty of room to move forward and to grow within the company. There are also plenty of opportunities to grow and expand your skills within the travel industry - with many great incentives to help drive you success. Flight centre focuses on it's people - which... is a comfort as you know you will have appropriate support from a fantastic network of senior leaders and guidance to find the role that fits you. If you work hard - you can quickly move forward and fill career ambitions. I love the work spaces, the people, the company philosophies and find the pay structure to be fantastic as well. You also have access to fantastic benefits and extras related to travel, health and much more.

Cons

It can at times be difficult to manage your own time, which is imperative to the role. If you struggle with this there are support avenues available to help you manage your time more effectively and strike an appropriate work / life balance. Make sure you utilise this if you find time management to be one of your weaknesses.

Flight Centre Travel Group2019-07-30

September 2, 2019Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. It's great to hear how you've been supported throughout your career and that you love so many things the company has to offer in terms of work spaces, people, pay, career development, philosophies, incentives and benefits.

6. "Good perks but tough job"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Depending on location there is the opportunity to make a lot of money quickly

Cons

Very hit and miss experience depending on where you are based

Flight Centre Travel Group2019-07-31

September 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give a balanced review of your experience working at Flight Centre. We wish you the best with your future and hope that our paths may cross again some time.

7. "Proud to work here!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people, great brand, work hard and receive great benefits. Customer at forefront of the companies focus. Brilliant company events. Great opportunities.

Cons

Targets are increased the better you do. Open 363 days of the year!

Flight Centre Travel Group2019-07-29

8. "!!"

Current Employee - Travel

Pros

Great Career Opportunities Can work around the world Social outings

Cons

Takes a while to make money

Flight Centre Travel Group2019-07-24

September 30, 2019

"Toxic culture driven by backward sales and blame culture."

Former Employee - Head Office Employee in New Malden, England

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Opportunity to travel - Plenty of social events - Opportunity to move around roles

Cons

- Toxic working culture, with bullies in senior roles - Expectation to take on all work asked, despite unrealistic targets - Sales run the business, to the detriment of other areas and operations - Expectation to attend social and business events on the weekend - Blame culture

Flight Centre Travel Group2019-08-08

September 2, 2019Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please can you let our HR team know more details regarding your experiences as we are deeply concerned about the welfare you've received.

10. "Retail Manager"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with in your team, overall supportive environment with big earning potential

Cons

Coaching and Development dont listen to management about our staff development

Flight Centre Travel Group2019-06-11