Flight Centre Travel Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.2
Flight Centre Travel Group CEO Graham "Skroo" Turner
Graham "Skroo" Turner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work hard play hard company ethos" (in 40 reviews)

• "You're rewarded for the work you put in - work hard play hard" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard to manage" (in 103 reviews)

• "Have to work from home or long hours at the store to be profitable" (in 113 reviews)

1. "Great Support"

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time

Pros

Good support, incentive to improve and climb the ladder into management with Brightness of future

Cons

High staff turnover, lack of structure when going store to store

2. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time

Pros

amazing company culture. Management really care about employees

Cons

salaries probably don't match up the market rate

3. "Good"

Current Employee - IT Support in London, England
    Current Employee - IT Support in London, England

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Progression is great if you want it

Cons

Long hours short breaks

Advice to Management

none

29 May 2018 – Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Glassdoor review. We advise that staff take regular breaks away from their computer screens. Let the careers team know if there's anything we can do for... More

"Unacceptable Systems... Great company though"

Current Employee - Annon in London, England
    Current Employee - Annon in London, England

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really do love working for Flight Centre, great head office staff and managment team who do not take themselves too seriously, but do have their heads screwed on with business plans etc... Great work hard play hard ethos.. Buzz nights are good with catching up with colleagues accross your area..

Cons

Systems are god awful!! They are far to slow for the work load we have, its pretty embarrassing a company our size runs on what seems like steam powered technology. Nothing talks to each other... Ugrade to a super new selling system, which breaks everyday... Try not to make an amendment to an existing booking, the amending of the invoice is a nightmare... Lose internet constanly, it really can infuriate you if you are in a great mood.

Advice to Management

Dont go spending money on "nice mugs" etc.. Also now you dont need to pay for our uniforms as we scrapped that, pay for decent technology, it really is unacceptable what we in the front line have to work with each day... I challenge you to try it for a few days!

17 Apr 2018 – Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for taking the time to review the company. I am sorry to hear about your frustrations with the systems - the systems also have problems in head office as well and we know it can be really... More

"I truly feel like a valued employee here"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in London, England
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in London, England

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the pros include: fantastic team working environment, awesome events including a wonderful summer ball in London with awards, three-course dinner, drinks and accommodation provided, successes are rewarded and management that are approachable and listen.

There are some amazing benefits including our in-house travel team, who find discounts and share them with us regularly. I managed to get discounted business class flights to California for a phenomenal price. Another benefit I find good is the health cash plan - it's free and it is basically a scheme where you upload photos of your opticians' receipts, dental receipts, physio and chiropractor receipts and get reimbursed into your account! We also get free health checks, which are useful and fun sports events and challenges where we can win fab prizes.

As we are all united by our love of travel, we find ourselves forming friendships really easily. I am really happy in my role and feel motivated to succeed. I am always recommending friends and family to work and book with us.

Cons

The working day is pretty long compared to some industries but this is the travel industry so it is generally expected here to work longer working weeks than other industries.

12 Mar 2018 – Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and sharing your opinion of working within Flight Centre Travel Group. It's encouraging to hear how well you are getting on.

6. "Amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great team with amazing support 24/7
    -Constantly learning new information about products and countries
    -Great incentives with major discounts
    -Apprentiship Scheme and support for the first 12 months.

Cons

So far I have not experienced anything bad

Advice to Management

n/a

12 Mar 2018 – Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased to hear that you are getting on well with the company and enjoying the incentives, receiving the right support for the role and the... More

"Value their people and recognition of achievement"

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time

Pros

Worked for this company for 7+yrs moving up through various roles developing my skills and experience. Very supportive of personal development and recognition of achievement

Cons

All staff (incl support staff) are on incentive pay model which can be challenging

12 Mar 2018 – Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and congratulations on your service with us so far. As you'll know, we have a feedback survey every year that we ask employees to complete anonymously... More

8. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training , fun team events - very social which can be a pro or a con.

Cons

in order to do well..lots of time!!!

9. "Report Developer"

Former Employee - Report Developer in New Malden, England
    Former Employee - Report Developer in New Malden, England

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learnt a great deal. Good team. realistic expectations.

Cons

No bonus nor pay review for mid to back office employees.

Advice to Management

Provide proper annual bonus and pay review to encourage technology employees.

19 Mar 2018 – Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for your review. It is not normal for us to have a flat salary structure here at Flight Centre Travel Group. We have a transparent salary structure whereby 95% of staff (including support... More

"Commission over customer"

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time

Pros

Some nice people working in store. Interesting to deal with customers. Some opportunities for discounted travel.

Cons

Atrocious line management. Poor commission structure. Long hours and poor work life balance. Very limited annual leave. Lack of care for the customer - all that matters is money.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking you're better than the internet.