Forrester Reviews

Updated 5 Jun 2020

4.3
Forrester Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony
George F. Colony
Pros
  • "I’ve seen most employees are in control of their Work/Life balance(in 133 reviews)

• "You get to work with some really smart people who will consistently push you to challenge your own thinking(in 99 reviews)

Cons
  • "I wish we had a Starbucks, Panera Bread or a Duncan Donuts at Cambridge Discovery Park(in 45 reviews)

• "A bit siloed with a disconnect between departments; Workload can be heavy making the work-life balance difficult(in 35 reviews)

1. "Thank you Forrester!"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Forrester executive team have been absolutely brilliant in this current crisis with clear, transparent communication and actions making it easy to willingly go the extra mile which is what we all need to do in the current climate. Thank You! Our research has never been stronger (in my opinion) and the collaboration and alignment across departments never so easy.

Cons

We've had some ups and downs with weak leadership in pockets on various levels, and some hard to get rid of silo thinking - but I feel that is clearly in the past and confident that we are moving forward united and stronger than ever. Just something to keep an eye on to not fall back on weak spots and silo thinking when times are easier again.

Forrester2020-06-01

"Paid to do what I enjoy."

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in London, England

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great learning - simply from the nature of Forrester's business, you can learn from some very clever people and insight available. Friendly diverse and collaborative people. Management genuinely care about staff

Cons

Not sure about true meritocracy in the organisation. Seems as if there are people in higher grades than others but have less experience and competency. Probably from being in the company longer and being able to navigate promotion opportunities. Based on what I've seen I should've come in at principal' and not 'senior' level Remuneration and salary bands is a mystery. Not clear what my career opportunities are once I've done my current role for 2-3 years. Where next?

Forrester2020-05-23
  3. "One of the best companies I've worked with."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot: Job progression, employee benefits, work-life balance & personal development.

Cons

I can't think of any, if I could, I wouldn't be worried about voicing my opinions either.

Forrester2020-05-21
  4. "Post Pandemic leadership is stronger than ever for EU challenges"

Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great development opportunities from some quality managers -Moving to 'work from home' has been rapid and supported -Technical product set which is seeing heavy engagement from current clients -Leadership of 'international business' has gained focus and has great direction

Cons

- Chances for promotion have been placed on hold and before COVID we're subject to incredible luck and patience. -Heavy use of KPIs . Sometimes used for bashing salespeople over the head with rather than development. -CEO is a major figure in the organisation, and therefore Forrester leaves itself vulnerable when he retires or leaves.

"Looks good on your CV"

Former Employee - Client Success in London, England

I worked at Forrester full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The research side of things are really interesting and the clients are lovely. Many colleagues are great people.

Cons

- Management works very close with HR, don't expect any help from them. - Flexible working is only for the chosen few. - high turn over (guess why?) - Some managers are real bullies.

Forrester2020-05-21

"My Two Cents, it is a hard place to work"

I worked at Forrester

Pros

There are a handful of genuine people working at Forrester.

Cons

-European culture is disregarded. How can you disregard someones identity? Applying an US centric methodology will simply not work in Europe. - There is no career growth, you can see your life pass by in the same position. Ask and thou shall not seek. -Management needs drastic basic training, emotional intelligence is lacking. - It is a hard place to work. There is no team spirit. The word TEAM and We gets thrown a lot but it needs to be redefined as there is no team spirit.

Forrester2020-04-16

"Terrible culture and management - Reality does not match the perception"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Forrester full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Exciting work and opportunities for rewarding client engagement. - Active learning is encouraged, with the freedom to follow trends that interest you - Get to work with a talented and diverse group of people.

Cons

- Terrible management and mindset. Unprofessional with zero confidentiality and bias throughout departments. Not uncommon to hear management whispering and bad-mouthing colleagues. - Culture is non-exsistent in London and they ignored staff when survey results highlighted this as an issue. - Any feedback from exit interviews deemed as negative is hidden or discarded to create a healthier image for senior management. - Pointless Employee Experience team as they've done nothing to build a culture in London. The US feels like a separate company in comparison to Europe. - Old office and technology systems. - Ancient mindset from certain management towards flexible working. One rule for some and not for others seemed to be the approach.

Forrester2020-04-01
  8. "Amazing Culture - Extremely Supportive - Excellent Onboarding & Ongoing development- Fearless in Talent Excellence"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work is incredibly interesting for the curious of mind. No two days are the same with lots of variety. The people are exceptionally helpful, bright, supportive and welcoming, with a fantastically real positive outlook. If you work hard and smart, you are rewarded well. There is a very good level of work-life balance and this is highly supported by management up and down the food chain. Employees are listened to and action taken to continuously improve.

Cons

Honestly, can't think of any - maybe some of the benefits could be a bit more in line with the market but I am sure this will come in time as employees are listened to and smart reasonable ideas are generally actioned.

Forrester2020-02-20

"Good, wish it was Great"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Forrester full-time

Pros

People Diversity of products Office location Access to all research Company stock scheme

Cons

Very sales focused organisation US-Centric Plain office, old equipment, bad coffee Basic benefits

Forrester2020-02-19

"THIS IS NOT ONE OF THE TOP BEST PLACES TO WORK! ONE OF THE WORST PLACES!!"

Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some people are friendly and helpful but you never know who will turn on you for the benefit of themselves which happens more than often

Cons

- Any issues you have with management or if you feel you are being treated unfairly, HR will not help you in any way. They are absolutely useless. they have no passion or interest in the employees which they claim to do. They will brush it off until you end up worse off and then act like they tried to help you. - CSS dept is the worst, it has it's favourites and if you aren't one your life will be made a misery! - You can be punished for being 2 minutes late to work even though your work performance/rate is apparently perfect. - Management have their connections with HR so ensure you sign up to a trade union as they won't defend you or investigate your case as a neutral party so you end up being worse off.

Forrester2020-03-05