Forrester Reviews

Updated 16 Sep 2020

4.4
Forrester Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony
George F. Colony
Pros
  • "I’ve seen most employees are in control of their Work/Life balance(in 134 reviews)

• "You get to work with some really smart people who will consistently push you to challenge your own thinking(in 100 reviews)

Cons
  • "Cambridge office feels very disconnected from main parts of the city(in 46 reviews)

• "A bit siloed with a disconnect between departments; Workload can be heavy making the work-life balance difficult(in 35 reviews)

1. "A hiring process reflective of the inclusive, collaborative and efficient organisational culture"

Current Employee - Employee Experience Associate in London, England

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

Efficient hiring process enabling you to meet many relevant people who give you a great taste of the organisational culture. A speedy (although meticulous) and very friendly process. During the interview stages, the recruiter always ensured all my questions were answered and I was never left long without news, which is also the case now that I am in my role. Great leadership across the business.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at this stage.

Continue reading
  2. "Great company for personal and professional growth"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Forrester full-time

Pros

Lots of smart people and plenty of resources to grow your skills and knowledge. You will end up with a broader strategic view of the technology market, too

Cons

Internal communications can be overwhelming at times. Can be very corporate in some aspects

Continue reading

3. "The hiring process was excellent and I’m proud to be a Forresterite"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is very emotionally mature. It listens to its employees and gives new hires the time to settle in.

Cons

With such a complex product, the role requires a lot of shadowing in my opinion, which just hasn’t been possible for me.

4. COVID-19

"Great Company, Great People,"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a great company, with a great reputation in the market. The global leadership team is exceptional and the way that they have handled Covid and looked after their people has been nothing short of amazing. Other could learn a lot not just from the research Forrester produces but from the manner it delivers to its own customers, it's people. The part that stands out to me the most is that lots of companies will tell you that we are vested in your success. I feel that at Forrester its believed and actioned. From the TA & HR to the Sales leaders, from research to BRD everyone will give you their time to help make you successful.

Cons

Benefits could be better, things seem a bit behind the time in elements like flexibility and pension. But I am confident that some of this will now change for the better due to covid.

5. "Great company with a strong culture"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Effectively you run your own business but with great support from management and great sales training people. The recruitment process was clear and really efficient. Tim and the recruitment team were prompt and very supportive in answering every question I had. I got a great sense of competency and hard work from the senior management on the panels I went through and this has indeed proven to be the case in the role. Forrester makes you feel like you will be challenged and supported and demonstrates a great company culture and ethic. You are also working for a highly reputable company with a great standing in the industry.

Cons

On-boarding is quite long, and getting to grips with the products and everything the role entails takes time, but it makes sense as there are not really many comparable company's. You are also very well-supported throughout the entire process.

Continue reading
  6. "Thank you Forrester!"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Forrester executive team have been absolutely brilliant in this current crisis with clear, transparent communication and actions making it easy to willingly go the extra mile which is what we all need to do in the current climate. Thank You! Our research has never been stronger (in my opinion) and the collaboration and alignment across departments never so easy.

Cons

We've had some ups and downs with weak leadership in pockets on various levels, and some hard to get rid of silo thinking - but I feel that is clearly in the past and confident that we are moving forward united and stronger than ever. Just something to keep an eye on to not fall back on weak spots and silo thinking when times are easier again.

"Paid to do what I enjoy."

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in London, England

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great learning - simply from the nature of Forrester's business, you can learn from some very clever people and insight available. Friendly diverse and collaborative people. Management genuinely care about staff

Cons

Not sure about true meritocracy in the organisation. Seems as if there are people in higher grades than others but have less experience and competency. Probably from being in the company longer and being able to navigate promotion opportunities. Based on what I've seen I should've come in at principal' and not 'senior' level Remuneration and salary bands is a mystery. Not clear what my career opportunities are once I've done my current role for 2-3 years. Where next?

Continue reading
  8. "One of the best companies I've worked with."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot: Job progression, employee benefits, work-life balance & personal development.

Cons

I can't think of any, if I could, I wouldn't be worried about voicing my opinions either.

9. COVID-19

"Post Pandemic leadership is stronger than ever for EU challenges"

Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great development opportunities from some quality managers -Moving to 'work from home' has been rapid and supported -Technical product set which is seeing heavy engagement from current clients -Leadership of 'international business' has gained focus and has great direction

Cons

- Chances for promotion have been placed on hold and before COVID we're subject to incredible luck and patience. -Heavy use of KPIs . Sometimes used for bashing salespeople over the head with rather than development. -CEO is a major figure in the organisation, and therefore Forrester leaves itself vulnerable when he retires or leaves.

"Looks good on your CV"

1.0
    Former Employee - Client Success in London, England

I worked at Forrester full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The research side of things are really interesting and the clients are lovely. Many colleagues are great people.

Cons

- Management works very close with HR, don't expect any help from them. - Flexible working is only for the chosen few. - high turn over (guess why?) - Some managers are real bullies.

Found 939 reviews