Four Seasons Health Care "homes" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Four Seasons Health Care Employee Reviews about "homes"

Updated 1 Aug 2019

Found 206 reviews

Four Seasons Health Care CEO Tim Hammond
Tim Hammond
Pros
Cons
  • "It is very expensive for residents to live in their homes(in 14 reviews)

• "Poor carers are training new staff - which yields poor standards of care(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "homes"

Return to all Reviews

"Shocking"

Current Employee - Health Care Assistant in Taunton, England

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Worked for four seasons for over 10 years, staff become family as do the residents

Cons

Quite honestly dont think there is an up side for working for four seasons, staff are pushed to there limits all day every day for peanuts! Working with bare minimum staff so they meet there targets!! Mangment couldn't care less about the staff!! Care more about making money to line there pockets than doing what's best for there homes, residents and staff!!

Advice to Management

Home mangers need to grow a back bone and stand up for there home, residents and staff in it!! Stop these big fat bonuses for mangers and put the money back into your homes!!

Four Seasons Health Care2019-01-26

"Disgraceful company to work for"

Former Employee - Carer in Northampton, England

I worked at Four Seasons Health Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lovely residents...... ..some great carers.. ..no other pros

Cons

Lack of support to homes by management which caused my home to close with tremendous effect on all the staff and residents......the manager took all the blame for this....... disgusting way to treat people. Stay away from this company

Advice to Management

Too worried about making a profit on the backs of some loyal staff who genuinely care

Four Seasons Health Care2017-10-28

"Evil company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

I worked at Four Seasons Health Care full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is no good reason to work for this evil company all they care about is money as they close homes all around the country and don't care about staff or service users run on very low staff paper work is all made up to make them look good says away from this company if you respect your love ones

Cons

Horrible management that run the homes like slave houses low staff low pay no respect for residents closing a lot of home down in the UK only to give you 30 day notice

Advice to Management

Your all money grabbing scum that don't really care you all need sacking and four sessions needs closing down your the next southen cross and i'll give five years before you go bankrupt

Four Seasons Health Care2017-07-03

Four Seasons Health Care Response

August 28, 2017Digital Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback. We have previously been in contact with you regarding the closure of the home where you were employed. As you are aware, we could no longer sustain delivering care at a financial loss at the home. The home has remained open while we work with the local ...

"four seasons healthcare"

Current Employee - Care Assistant in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Their values and motto is good and they have high standards in regards to the care they provide. It's also nice to know that you are making a difference to people's lives.

Cons

It can at times feel like it's just a business to them. It is very expensive for residents to live in their homes. They take no notice whatsoever of their employees.

Advice to Management

Management need to take more time to speak with residents and families in their homes to further develop the care they give and should also speak with staff working in their homes. They barely come in to check if residents are enjoying their time living in their homes and never ask staff if they are happy working in them.

Four Seasons Health Care2016-10-03
  5. "Different policies for different homes"

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care full-time

Pros

As a first job it was a good introduction to how things work. Nice residents

Cons

-Some Four Seasons homes have different wages depending on their location ( some have a pay rate of 13 p/h and some have 15 p/h) -12 hour shifts with 1 hour (unpaid)brake which you don't really have time to take because you'll be short staffed a lot of the time. -same rate of pay for days/nights/weekends (again,depending on the location of the home) -a lot of shift to work...

Four Seasons Health Care2016-06-09

"Top marks 10 out of 10 The only company that could put u off nursing for life & yes they r prity much all the same"

Current Employee - Health Care Assistant in Blackburn, England

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very badly run CQC should shut this 1 down terrible place run 4 yr life wouldnt recomend anyone not even my worse enemy

Cons

Absolutely discussing to say the least not enough staff some nice staff some not so nice these four sesons homes r pot luck if yr face fits then thats great u will go far related even better but there r a lot of brown noses to !!!!

Advice to Management

Whats the point my advise to the managers of Springfield is do what u like

Four Seasons Health Care2016-04-17

"Treat staff better and you will have better working staff!"

Former Employee - Care Assistant in Bristol, England

I worked at Four Seasons Health Care part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the staff, the love of the job and of course the smiles on residents faces.

Cons

Having to work with some uneducated and unskilled staff. Having to work as a cleaner, cook, maid etc. When you only get paid minimum wage as a carer. This does not happen in hospitals or other care homes, effective care for residents stems from effectively doing your job, not trying to do 3 jobs at once ineffectively. Personally I have also had trouble with payroll - several...

Advice to Management

Please include intelligence test during the recruitment process - academic and common sense. Please reward your good staff. I understand this company is under huge financial strain but you don't need to take it out on your hard working staff by not paying them properly.

Four Seasons Health Care2016-05-04

"Keep away"

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care

Pros

Absolutely none I can think of as it really is hell on earth and what a bad mistake I made working there.

Cons

Poor management and poor pay and smelly homes.

Advice to Management

Stop the bullying, pay more and rid your nursing homes of the smell of urine

Four Seasons Health Care2016-03-16

"Never again!"

Former Employee - Care Assistant in Nottingham, England

I worked at Four Seasons Health Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

The carers I worked with were amazing! With how much rubbish we were put through we always managed to have a laugh with each other and get our jobs done. Was able to complete my NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care. Most of the residents we're a pleasure to look after.

Cons

Manage... Management, management management! They are the reason CQC are gunning for FSHC homes, they have no consideration for any of the staff or residents for that matter. All they seem to do day in and day out is sit in their office and spout orders out. I will never again work in a FSHC home because I refuse to be talked to like a child and being made to feel like I...

Advice to Management

Get your act together and try doing our jobs for a change, your attitude towards carers will soon change when you do! Also rather than thinking of your next payday, try putting some effort into your homes for the staff and the residents.

Four Seasons Health Care2015-09-16

"disappionted"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

a lot of good caring staff work for this company

Cons

good caring staff that get no back up from management at any level .Always on about how its a business and not very caring towards clients, understaffed in most homes overworked workers most of them who are there for the residents and not the small wage they earn.

Advice to Management

Get out there and meet the people that work for you and give them the respect they deserve and the praise for being loyal.

Four Seasons Health Care2015-09-05