Frank Recruitment Group Reviews

3.8
Frank Recruitment Group CEO James Lloyd Townshend
James Lloyd Townshend
Cons
  1. "Amazing working environment"

5.0
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work, amazing people, fantastic commission. The management is arranging events every 1rst Friday to reward best team and employees. Friendly office with an atmosphere funny and energetic. An L&D team is preparing you with excellent training sections from the very beginning where you will improve your skills 100%.

Cons

if you want to success ...you need to work hard and so working hours are long.

March 13, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! If there is anything we can do to support your career further please let us know.

2. COVID-19

"Energetic, dynamic and exciting place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Staff Member in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Frank Group is a really exciting, dynamic company to be part of. Its a company where everyone has the opportunity to suggest ideas and see them come to life. If you are passionate about what you do, want to work hard with a company that is really going somewhere with amazing people, then this is the place for you. I have never been so excited ton be part of an organisation where everyone is valued and everyone's opinion matters. I have also never worked with a more fun or a smarter group of people and I actually love going to work every day –When we were still going into the office pre Covid, I would notice I had a little bounce in my step. Working at Frank I actually really look forward to going to work. And actually, I can’t wait to get back to the office as I am missing that part of the feeling of team spirit that you can only get face to face. I wanted to write this review because I think, Frank Group has handled the Covid crisis amazingly well. It must be really difficult to steer a business through what is an unprecedented crisis. I have so many friends and family members who work for other organisations who for example who have been terminated, taken massive pay cuts, not been paid months back pay owing to them. Or their company hasn’t made the right decisions and has gone bust and those friends have lost their jobs and are now looking for work in a hugely challenging environment. We have had to take pay reductions at Frank, but the reality is that the most junior levels of staff have had absolutely no reduction at all, and the vast majority of staff have had very, very small reductions – mine is so tiny that I hardly notice it. in fact when I think that I don’t have to pay for public transport and coffees and stuff every day, I am actually better off. The Board has taken by far the biggest hit to compensation. It strikes me that they are having to make very difficult decisions to protect the firm and our people, but are committed to being as fair as possible and protect the staff as much as they can. The support the company is giving us through the crisis is also amazing. The CEO himself makes a weekly call to all staff. He is unbelievably open and transparent about the challenges we face, our financial position, the markets etc its really very impressive. He seems to have really taken on board how difficult this period might be for people and is super motivational and upbeat to keep people’s spirits up. Recently he has addressed the challenges around what has happened in the USA head on and is really listening to staff – you can tell that his people really matter to him. Every week the CEO reminds all staff that if there is anything they would like to raise that his door and the doors of the rest of the Board is open. in fact they have these sessions you can sign up for every week to talk to someone on the board about whatever you like - raise issues, or just chat. I dont know any other company that does this or anything like it. It really feels like this company really genuinely cares. The company has introduced a weekly blog which is focussed on employee well being - both mental and physical - through the lockdown, has resources for employees like fitness classes, and has loads of features and photos and things to cheer everyone up. They also tell everyone on a Wednesday to stop work and take time out to relax and chill on the company’s time. Team leaders are doing quizzes and fun hang out time every week to keep everyone’s spirits up. All these things have really made lockdown and the uncertainty of the world at the moment so much easier. I live alone and have particularly struggled with feelings of loneliness and depression over the lockdown period. One of the senior managers in the team I’m in became aware of this and has personally taken it upon himself to reach out to me regularly, check I’m ok, send me cheerful memes and stuff. He’s been an unbelievable support. It’s really made all the difference to me and I honestly don’t know what I would do without his support. I couldn’t wish for more in a company – joining Frank was the best decision I ever made.

Cons

Onboarding was a bit chaotic , but i understand that the company has since acted to feedback and overhauled this process. Nothing else springs to mind.

June 17, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us, its great to hear that your enjoying being part of the FRG family, it’s clear to see that you have settled in well and that your enjoying being part of our vibrant, fun and dynamic organisation. I also really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on your time in our London office pre-Covid, I will be sure to pass this onto our London senior leadership team. We are hugely proud of our employees and the work ethic that they have demonstrated during this incredibly tough period. The last few months have been hugely challenging for all organisations across our sector, and as you state we have had to announce some reductions in pay, however this is a temporary measure and we hope to re-instate full salaries shortly. Like you say steering a business of our size through this crisis is incredibly tough, we recently launched our Buddy up with the Board initiative which I hope you have accessed, if not please do contact employeeengagement@frankgroup.com to book a 15 minute slot with a member of our C Suite. The feedback from our employees on our handling of this period has been overwhelming and I know our C Suite leaders have been hugely heart warmed by this. With the work ethic of employees like yourself and the support and positive feedback from our employees across the globe we continue to go from strength to strength. We are always looking for employees like yourself who are such a true representation of our values, it’s clear to hear through your post you have energy, drive and motivation and I would love to hear of any personal referrals you may have as we are always looking to expand the FRG family. I agree our Onboarding for new starters required review, this has now been actioned and our new Onboarding process is being rolled out globally. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I wish you huge success with your career at FRG. If you have any suggestions or ideas on how we can Go Beyond and make FRG even better please reach out to me directly at g.casas@frankgroup.com In the meantime stay safe, take care and hopefully with lockdown starting to ease we will be able to welcome you back to our London office shortly.

3. "A fun ride, not for everyone though!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Buzzing company with lots of energy and a fun culture, never a dull moment. I worked in the Newcastle HQ and it thrives on a work hard play hard environment. If you are new to sales or recruitment, it's a great way to get started. Trainers are amazing people and you can really build your skillset. Team nights out, incentives and great office bants and fun.

Cons

KPI driven business. It's all about the money and the investment behind the company (TPG). If numbers are low, you are going to feel the pressure across the floor and what was once rewarding can become painstaking work. If you are an internal recruiter or you do not believe in Sales as part of your daily work, this is NOT the company for you

June 24, 2020Employee Engagement Director

We value all feedback from both current and former employees and we are glad you've taken the time to share your experience with FRG. Our internal L&D team does a wonderful job of preparing all employees for a career in sales and were glad you noticed. The FRG culture is second to none and we're glad you enjoyed it. As shared in your cons, recruitment is not for everyone but those willing to put in the hard work will achieve great success. We wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor and we thank you for reviewing us.

4. "Sales before Humans"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young team, fun atmosphere, multicultural, learn a lot quickly

Cons

Low salary, lot of pressure

"Extremely deceiving - Please read before working here! -"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

There are positives and I am giving an honest and fair view. Some of my friends at the company didn’t mind the role, however not one out of the twenty I joined with are left there now. The lunch clubs are great (if you can get on them), the drinks they offer are great and the social life at the company is great - lots of opportunity to meet people globally. You can earn a lot of money but only if you’re good at the job and are seriously dedicated with no distraction such as family or a partner. They also put an event on called ‘First Thursday’ on the first Thursday of every month the company would put a sum of money behind a bar and give awards to those that hit promotion etc, this was an event to keep people at the company. Lastly for six weeks of summer you can get 3:30 pm finishes but you must meet an incentive to do so.

Cons

I worked at FRG for 12 months and I can honestly say it was one of the most depressing periods of my life so far. On my first day I left sobbing. I was told to arrive for 7.30 am which I was prompt and got there about 7.15, we met our intake and then began training that day, in training you are expected a few of the days to stay with your team for around two hours and listen to their calls none of these hours were paid for. These were extremely long days.. setting a clear example of what was expected in FRGs long hours culture. On a daily basis you were to arrive in the office any time around 8am to start prompt on the phones for 8.30am and leave about 7/8pm Monday’s and Tuesdays, you were looked down on or asked where you were going if you actually left ‘on time’ at 5.30pm and if you came in for 8.30am you were classed as ‘late’ - there is no form of flexibility no working from home AT ALL or flexible hours. This is deceiving on the website as the hours are 8.30-5.30 however this is just for the front desk. Essentially if you want a work life balance this company is not the place for you. I must add these extra hours you were practically forced to do were not compensated either. There was hierarchical pressure from the top down ranging from phone times (minimum 2 hours call time a day), to the number of adverts you put out a day to the number of interviews you arranged which in turn should lead to a deal. If you didn’t meet these targets you would not be let off lightly with many strings of management breathing down your neck. The way HR operate they have a massive drive to hire hundreds of people but if you don’t meet your targets you’re gone. There are also set lunch times 12:30-1.30 for U.K. markets when I worked there, it honestly felt like school I had more freedom at college, it is almost like there is no trust left with the employees. There were great incentives 3 day trips to South Africa etc however it was only the best people in the organisation that had any chance to win a place on the trip, if you didn’t do any deals you had no entries into the raffle. Other perks such as ‘lunch club’ also followed this same structure - same high flyers every month. My mental health suffered as a result of working for this organisation and I was constantly on edge when in the office. After studying Business Management at a prestigious university in Newcastle it is fair to say everything I learnt about stress, long hours, mental and physical health and the detrimental effects they have on people all coincide with the way FRG operate I sadly have to say. It is only now I am in graduate employment with a MNC company do I now realise how we were treated like children. I can now say I love going to work where I get more than DOUBLE the wage of FRG and 10 more days holiday with flexibility, opportunity to learn and enjoyment of working. Please have a backup if you go to work for this organisation, please prioritise your mental and physical wellbeing. Good luck to anyone working for this firm, you will need it! ... oh and they also got people to write reviews on here and reviewed them!!

6. COVID-19

"Poor work-life ballance"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Social aspect and coworkers were fun.

Cons

Covid19 handled extremely poorly. Long hours and the expectations of working extra hours without compensation. They care about money more than their wellbeing of employees.

May 14, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Our employee's wellbeing is a top priority for FRG which is why we've implemented 4:30 pm log-off times on Wednesdays, free fitness classes and employee assistance lines for all employees. We wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor.

7. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good incentives Good commission structure Good culture and colleagues

Cons

Long hours No work life balance No support

May 22, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave Frank Recruitment Group a review. We wish you the best of luck in your next role.

8. COVID-19

"Interesting experience"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Good company culture Generally decent commission structure Support Ethics

Cons

Long hours, expected with the job. Disproportionate incentives - aimed only st the top billers regardless of market Interesting coping mechanism for COVID19 but only time will tell. Some managers aren't suited for the role but not all.

May 5, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We have taken your comments on board and will share them with the senior leadership team. We're glad to hear you feel supported and are enjoying FRG's company culture. If there is anything we can do to support your career further please let us know.

"Account maangement"

2.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

fun outgoing company with free beers on friday

Cons

hard and not very pleasent to work with

May 6, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for your feedback. As you are a current employee we would like to discuss your experience further. Please reach out to your line manager or respective GMB member to address your concerns.

10. "Decent"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Good fun - good rewards as well

Cons

Depends on your attitude to the job but can be long hours

April 27, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for your review!

Found 1000 reviews