Frank Recruitment Group Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 21 Dec 2020

3.5
Frank Recruitment Group CEO James Lloyd Townshend
James Lloyd Townshend
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing working environment"

5.0
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work, amazing people, fantastic commission. The management is arranging events every 1rst Friday to reward best team and employees. Friendly office with an atmosphere funny and energetic. An L&D team is preparing you with excellent training sections from the very beginning where you will improve your skills 100%.

Cons

if you want to success ...you need to work hard and so working hours are long.

March 13, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! If there is anything we can do to support your career further please let us know.

2. COVID-19

"One of the best agencies to work in"

5.0
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great colleagues - Fun atmosphere - Commission up to 20% - Opportunity to progress - Global offices - Market leader & ahead of the game when it comes to focusing on emerging technologies and sectors - Clear leadership through a global pandemic and ensured employee safety with office returns etc - Great recruiting tools i.e. CRM & Marketing - Other incentives to strive for i.e. lunch club, top billers club - Supportive management - Subject Matter Experts

Cons

- Long hours however this will always be a downside as it is part and parcel of a recruitment role. You get out of it what you put in. There's been a notable shift since COVID to a less strict way of working though - Capped at 20%

3. COVID-19

"A mixture of an experience"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Newcastle, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The training was brilliant and I felt engaged and excited to work from it. it was well scheduled and made me feel more educated on my specialised market. - Fortunately I had a great team who I had a great relationship with. - When "First Friday" was on every few months it was good fun and got to leave the office earlier than usual - "Dress Down Fridays" as it was nice to have a change to casual clothing in the office.

Cons

- Very long hours (8:30-17:30 on contract but you're expected to work much more than that unpaid). It seemed that whenever I didn't spend extra hours in the office, it was frowned upon. - Sometimes felt worried to go to work if I hadn't managed to get a deal over 4-8 weeks and was concerned that I wouldn't be acknowledged by management or given positive feedback if I hadn't billed anything. - Unrealistic KPIS at times. They kept increasing every few weeks which I understand to challenge employees and give them more to aim for, but when the pandemic hit, it was too much to manage and was extremely stressful. - When COVID-19 hit and we all began to work from home, I was crying at the end of the working day due to the stress and worry of being told I wasn't doing enough - as mentioned, KPIs at times became unrealistic for me and others, then increased during the pandemic? - I was constantly worried that I was going to be placed on a Performance Plan - from seeing others be put on them, it didn't seem to motivate staff as they're designed to do - it seemed to stress Consultants MORE, but more negative pressure and stress on them and made going to work very challenging. - The culture at times was very welcoming, but then I realised at times it was vicious and competitive in a negative way that didn't motivate me more.

Continue reading
  4. "You get out what you put in"

4.0
    Former Employee - Credit Control Team Leader in Newcastle, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Great social events and recognition for effort

Cons

Long hours of work throughout the year

December 9, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with Frank Recruitment Group. We wish you the best of luck in your next endavor.

5. "Pay review"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Great training scheme and fun culture

Cons

Very little work life balance and long hours

"Disastrous environment to work in"

Current Employee - Consultant en recrutement in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

- they will hire anyone with a pulse as long as you can talk on the phone - they have a huge database of clients and candidates, but you will need to build your own anyway as they have all been pestered to death

Cons

- it's a revolving door of employees. Only 1 in 10 new hires stays a year in the company. That makes for a poor image with clients - long hours with constant micro management and distrust. I've seen people being reprimanded for going to the toilets doing a "BD block" - the company pushes KPI constantly with no regards for your clients or candidates experience

Continue reading
  7. "Make a better decision than me don’t be fooled"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning to become snakiest person in sales to find success. There is no morals or ethics to their sales technique which is reciprocated by their clients and candidates all despising the business. Money is okay if so well at that.

Cons

Long hours. No respect. Bullying between members infront of management. Dance off. Public humiliation. School regime. Immature business. Do not treat their employees well. Really bad market presence.

Continue reading

"Extremely deceiving - Please read before working here! -"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

There are positives and I am giving an honest and fair view. Some of my friends at the company didn’t mind the role, however not one out of the twenty I joined with are left there now. The lunch clubs are great (if you can get on them), the drinks they offer are great and the social life at the company is great - lots of opportunity to meet people globally. You can earn a lot of money but only if you’re good at the job and are seriously dedicated with no distraction such as family or a partner. They also put an event on called ‘First Thursday’ on the first Thursday of every month the company would put a sum of money behind a bar and give awards to those that hit promotion etc, this was an event to keep people at the company. Lastly for six weeks of summer you can get 3:30 pm finishes but you must meet an incentive to do so.

Cons

I worked at FRG for 12 months and I can honestly say it was one of the most depressing periods of my life so far. On my first day I left sobbing. I was told to arrive for 7.30 am which I was prompt and got there about 7.15, we met our intake and then began training that day, in training you are expected a few of the days to stay with your team for around two hours and listen to their calls none of these hours were paid for. These were extremely long days.. setting a clear example of what was expected in FRGs long hours culture. On a daily basis you were to arrive in the office any time around 8am to start prompt on the phones for 8.30am and leave about 7/8pm Monday’s and Tuesdays, you were looked down on or asked where you were going if you actually left ‘on time’ at 5.30pm and if you came in for 8.30am you were classed as ‘late’ - there is no form of flexibility no working from home AT ALL or flexible hours. This is deceiving on the website as the hours are 8.30-5.30 however this is just for the front desk. Essentially if you want a work life balance this company is not the place for you. I must add these extra hours you were practically forced to do were not compensated either. There was hierarchical pressure from the top down ranging from phone times (minimum 2 hours call time a day), to the number of adverts you put out a day to the number of interviews you arranged which in turn should lead to a deal. If you didn’t meet these targets you would not be let off lightly with many strings of management breathing down your neck. The way HR operate they have a massive drive to hire hundreds of people but if you don’t meet your targets you’re gone. There are also set lunch times 12:30-1.30 for U.K. markets when I worked there, it honestly felt like school I had more freedom at college, it is almost like there is no trust left with the employees. There were great incentives 3 day trips to South Africa etc however it was only the best people in the organisation that had any chance to win a place on the trip, if you didn’t do any deals you had no entries into the raffle. Other perks such as ‘lunch club’ also followed this same structure - same high flyers every month. My mental health suffered as a result of working for this organisation and I was constantly on edge when in the office. After studying Business Management at a prestigious university in Newcastle it is fair to say everything I learnt about stress, long hours, mental and physical health and the detrimental effects they have on people all coincide with the way FRG operate I sadly have to say. It is only now I am in graduate employment with a MNC company do I now realise how we were treated like children. I can now say I love going to work where I get more than DOUBLE the wage of FRG and 10 more days holiday with flexibility, opportunity to learn and enjoyment of working. Please have a backup if you go to work for this organisation, please prioritise your mental and physical wellbeing. Good luck to anyone working for this firm, you will need it! ... oh and they also got people to write reviews on here and reviewed them!!

9. COVID-19

"Poor work-life ballance"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Social aspect and coworkers were fun.

Cons

Covid19 handled extremely poorly. Long hours and the expectations of working extra hours without compensation. They care about money more than their wellbeing of employees.

May 14, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Our employee's wellbeing is a top priority for FRG which is why we've implemented 4:30 pm log-off times on Wednesdays, free fitness classes and employee assistance lines for all employees. We wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor.

10. COVID-19

"Interesting experience"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Good company culture Generally decent commission structure Support Ethics

Cons

Long hours, expected with the job. Disproportionate incentives - aimed only st the top billers regardless of market Interesting coping mechanism for COVID19 but only time will tell. Some managers aren't suited for the role but not all.

May 5, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We have taken your comments on board and will share them with the senior leadership team. We're glad to hear you feel supported and are enjoying FRG's company culture. If there is anything we can do to support your career further please let us know.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 272 English Reviews