Frank Recruitment Group Employee Reviews about "work hard play"

Updated 9 Jun 2020

3.5
Frank Recruitment Group CEO James Lloyd Townshend
James Lloyd Townshend
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work hard play"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "So many opportunities to grow your career"

Current Employee - Management in Newcastle, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is growing and therefore there is a huge amount of career development. Lots of coaching and support in your role. Work hard, play hard mentality. Hardworking senior mgmt team. Friendly environment.

Cons

Very fast-paced which isn't for everyone. It isn't a 9-5 role.

March 24, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your 5-star review! Keep up the great work and positive attitude!

2. "A fun ride, not for everyone though!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Buzzing company with lots of energy and a fun culture, never a dull moment. I worked in the Newcastle HQ and it thrives on a work hard play hard environment. If you are new to sales or recruitment, it's a great way to get started. Trainers are amazing people and you can really build your skillset. Team nights out, incentives and great office bants and fun.

Cons

KPI driven business. It's all about the money and the investment behind the company (TPG). If numbers are low, you are going to feel the pressure across the floor and what was once rewarding can become painstaking work. If you are an internal recruiter or you do not believe in Sales as part of your daily work, this is NOT the company for you

June 24, 2020Employee Engagement Director

We value all feedback from both current and former employees and we are glad you've taken the time to share your experience with FRG. Our internal L&D team does a wonderful job of preparing all employees for a career in sales and were glad you noticed. The FRG culture is second to none and we're glad you enjoyed it. As shared in your cons, recruitment is not for everyone but those willing to put in the hard work will achieve great success. We wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor and we thank you for reviewing us.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great environment to work in, work hard, play hard - Initiative to work hard and go the extra mile - Training in depth, anything you don't understand you can pull Michael to one side and he will talk you through a way of doing it tailored to yourself - Meet people from all different backgrounds - Career progression is non comparable, there is no ceiling here people have been here 3/4 years and are currently in managing positions

Cons

Only con which isn't a bad thing, is long hours - but if you put the hours in then you will get what you want out of this job, you hear from other people in the business which only makes you want to do the same, This is a lifestyle not a job! Same with your starting wage packet it's not the best, but again if you work smartly put the hours in you will quickly change that.

March 13, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review! We love hearing you have so many pros working at Frank Recruitment Group. We are so happy you're on our team. Keep up the great work and positive attitude!

4. "Meritocratic Opportunities"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at FRG has been a blast so far. From day one there is training and you are given the template to succeed if you choose to follow the process. I've enjoyed the process thus far don't get me wrong there is challenges and hard work to be done however, with the right discipline you can be anything you want to be.

Cons

Working hours can be long but that's recruitment in a whole what you put in is what you get.

March 11, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear you feel supported and are having fun. If there is anything we can do to support your career with FRG further please let us know!

5. "Platform to earn £££/ $$$"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

- Get out what you put in! - Branding, products they recruit for & being genuine market leaders provides a great platform to earn a LOT of money. - Hard work & success is recognised (promotions, incentives etc). - Global offices allowing you to relocate internationally.

Cons

- Hours (long, as with all successful recruitment agencies). - No remote working. - Very competitive environment. If you want a comfy 9-5 this isnt the job for you.

October 23, 2019Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review! There is unlimited potential here at FRG and we're so glad you are noticing and enjoying it. Please reach out if there is anything we can do to support your career further!

6. "Great place to start your career!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Very good commission scheme *If you are European speaker: it's a good place to start your career in England. *Hard work pays of *Management listens if you are talking to them. *excellent training from both bootcamp and Team Leaders. * Opportunities to get management level within the company.

Cons

* Longer working hours than the contract * The working culture is very young and can be semi bulling sometimes.

September 27, 2019Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your great review! We are glad to hear you felt supported throughout your career at Frank Recruitment Group. Hard work definitely pays off within the business where the opportunities are endless! FRG has a zero-tolerance for bullying and our HR team is always on-site if any employee needs. Thank you for your feedback and best of luck in your new role.

7. "Frank Recruitment Group Training Programme"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Just spent the last two weeks on an intensive training course with FRG. The two weeks have absolutely flown by and I've learned so much. Being entirely new to recruitment, the training programme has equipped me with the necessary skills to make a success of myself in the business. FRG have done their part - It is now down to me to put in the hard work.

Cons

I haven't experienced any negatives so far during my time here.

April 10, 2019Employee Brand Assistant

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you've learned so much with us thus far. We look forward to see the hard work you put in and the success you will achieve.

8. "If you are hard working - then this job will fully reward that!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hard work results in the rewards that you deserve. Rewards for getting your first deal, being a top performer or just going above an beyond - you'll find your hard work will never go unnoticed. There's an exciting company culture that allows you to have fun, while working towards your targets. Very sociable company with monthly social events and you'll find your team members become some of your closet friends. The commission structure is completely uncapped and independent so your earning potential is solely based on your performance. The meritocratic environment means that you are sat on the same bank of desks as a senior manager, head of a department or even a director and it's very much the kind of culture where everybody wants you to do well.

Cons

If you are looking for a 9-5 job then this is absolutely not the job for you! There are definitely long hours but the reward and recognition that you receive for putting in that extra effort, is completely worth it. The job is very target driven which can be a con for people who don't enjoy targets - however they are very manageable and you are supported by your team and team leader to try and hit those targets.

May 14, 2019Employee Brand Assistant

It's very rewarding to receive feedback from those team members who are thriving with us- thank you for taking the time to provide this. We will forward your suggestion to management. Keep up the great work!

9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hard work but the fun office vibe and perks way outweigh that! Really good training program too! Cant fault the place.

Cons

There are none at all!

May 14, 2019Employee Brand Assistant

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear we've hit the mark for you. Please let us know if we can support your career at Frank Recruitment Group further.

10. "One of the best in industry"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's plenty of hiring agencies, but this one is definitely the most friendly and rewarding I worked at or have heard of. Great incentives for best recruiters, pretty much The Wolf of Wall Street lifestyle. Some people hate it, some people love it - if you're one of the 'work hard play hard' people you'll fit just fine.

Cons

Well, exactly what you'd expect from working in the recruitment agency - long hours , lots of time on the phone and not impressive basic salary. At least you get full support from your team leaders/managers.

June 6, 2019Brand and Events Coordinator

Thank you so much for your fabulous review. We are glad to hear we hit the mark for you. Keep up the great work and positive attitude!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 116 English Reviews