Frank Recruitment Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 1 Dec 2020

3.5
Frank Recruitment Group CEO James Lloyd Townshend
James Lloyd Townshend
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company and great opportunites"

5.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good environment, good vibe. Work hard, pay hard

Cons

long hours, work /life balance,

February 10, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review. The recruitment industry can come with long hours but the rewards can be amazing!

2. "Pay review"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Great training scheme and fun culture

Cons

Very little work life balance and long hours

"AVOID IF YOU ENJOY LIVING"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are a relatively well known brand The CEO and those in upper management are really nice

Cons

No work/life balance Terrible basic salary Training was rushed and poor Managers are in their own land with no concept of what the market looks like outside there bubble

Continue reading

"Extremely deceiving - Please read before working here! -"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

There are positives and I am giving an honest and fair view. Some of my friends at the company didn’t mind the role, however not one out of the twenty I joined with are left there now. The lunch clubs are great (if you can get on them), the drinks they offer are great and the social life at the company is great - lots of opportunity to meet people globally. You can earn a lot of money but only if you’re good at the job and are seriously dedicated with no distraction such as family or a partner. They also put an event on called ‘First Thursday’ on the first Thursday of every month the company would put a sum of money behind a bar and give awards to those that hit promotion etc, this was an event to keep people at the company. Lastly for six weeks of summer you can get 3:30 pm finishes but you must meet an incentive to do so.

Cons

I worked at FRG for 12 months and I can honestly say it was one of the most depressing periods of my life so far. On my first day I left sobbing. I was told to arrive for 7.30 am which I was prompt and got there about 7.15, we met our intake and then began training that day, in training you are expected a few of the days to stay with your team for around two hours and listen to their calls none of these hours were paid for. These were extremely long days.. setting a clear example of what was expected in FRGs long hours culture. On a daily basis you were to arrive in the office any time around 8am to start prompt on the phones for 8.30am and leave about 7/8pm Monday’s and Tuesdays, you were looked down on or asked where you were going if you actually left ‘on time’ at 5.30pm and if you came in for 8.30am you were classed as ‘late’ - there is no form of flexibility no working from home AT ALL or flexible hours. This is deceiving on the website as the hours are 8.30-5.30 however this is just for the front desk. Essentially if you want a work life balance this company is not the place for you. I must add these extra hours you were practically forced to do were not compensated either. There was hierarchical pressure from the top down ranging from phone times (minimum 2 hours call time a day), to the number of adverts you put out a day to the number of interviews you arranged which in turn should lead to a deal. If you didn’t meet these targets you would not be let off lightly with many strings of management breathing down your neck. The way HR operate they have a massive drive to hire hundreds of people but if you don’t meet your targets you’re gone. There are also set lunch times 12:30-1.30 for U.K. markets when I worked there, it honestly felt like school I had more freedom at college, it is almost like there is no trust left with the employees. There were great incentives 3 day trips to South Africa etc however it was only the best people in the organisation that had any chance to win a place on the trip, if you didn’t do any deals you had no entries into the raffle. Other perks such as ‘lunch club’ also followed this same structure - same high flyers every month. My mental health suffered as a result of working for this organisation and I was constantly on edge when in the office. After studying Business Management at a prestigious university in Newcastle it is fair to say everything I learnt about stress, long hours, mental and physical health and the detrimental effects they have on people all coincide with the way FRG operate I sadly have to say. It is only now I am in graduate employment with a MNC company do I now realise how we were treated like children. I can now say I love going to work where I get more than DOUBLE the wage of FRG and 10 more days holiday with flexibility, opportunity to learn and enjoyment of working. Please have a backup if you go to work for this organisation, please prioritise your mental and physical wellbeing. Good luck to anyone working for this firm, you will need it! ... oh and they also got people to write reviews on here and reviewed them!!

5. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good incentives Good commission structure Good culture and colleagues

Cons

Long hours No work life balance No support

May 22, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave Frank Recruitment Group a review. We wish you the best of luck in your next role.

6. "Good company to start"

Current Employee - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Uncapped Salary, High Earning potential, Training

Cons

Low work-life balance, Working over hours,

April 10, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review. We cannot make improvements without honest feedback. We have taken your comments on board and will use them to better Frank Recruitment Group in the future.

"If you want to work in I.T recruitment - FIND SOME WHERE ELSE!!!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Literally none from my perspective. If you enjoy partying and drinking they support that lifestyle.

Cons

Washington Frank is by far the worst company I have ever worked for in my life. NO work life balance. 20k a year working 11 hour days. Commission won't roll in for at least 3 months. The work environment was poison. If you don't have tough skin, you won't last. Kingscross office has NO windows so your spending 50+ hours a week in a cave. Senior staff egos are shocking. Old school, boiler room vibe. Immature men mainly work here. If you don't like drinking and going out with your team you are the weirdo. They don't pay your commission when you leave. I've earned twice as much money in sales since I left this company. best decision I've ever made.

April 22, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your career with Frank Recruitment Group. As your review mentions the Kings Cross office which is no longer open, we do not feel this review is an accurate representation of our company. We offer unlimited support to our employees through our internal Learning and Development team and Employee Engagement team. Both in place to support professional and personal growth. We wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor.

"Tough place to work"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good initial training, given me a good base from which to develop my career in recruitment. - Company wide incentives. I went on a lunch club which was good. First Friday of the month they put a load of money behind one of the local bars. - Good for recent grads who are struggling to find work.

Cons

- Long hours, core hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm but expect to be doing 8am to 7pm. If you don't you're not working hard enough. No work life balance, I was pulled into a meeting room by two of my managers and was told I needed to start sacrificing my personal life if I wanted to hit senior consultant (the small amount I had left). - Constant micromanagement. You will have a team leader, manager and business manager on your back most of the time - can't blame them though, there's always someone higher up pulling the strings. - Stats driven and old school approach to recruitment. The company are all about call times, 'dials' and the hard sell. - Targets are all financial. You will need to do 6 'deals' to pass probation in the first 6 months and then 12 'deals' or £80k in another 6 month period to hit senior. Also, if you don't own the job, your deal will only count for half and 70% of the value will go to the job owner. - Arrogant and egotistical managers. They love waffling about how much money they made as a biller. - Staff morale is low. - Long interview process. Think I had about 4 interviews - initial telephone, group interview which included a role play, speech and then individual interview and then a final stage which took about 2.5 hours which included a presentation and meeting with three managers. All this for a £17.5k job. - Tuesday 'fodge' night. Where you're expected to stay even later than usual to call through cold lists of candidates. - There's probably more, but you get the idea. Good place to start if you want to get into recruitment but just be warned, they're hard work.

March 26, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The recruitment industry comes with long hours and KPI's which we understand is not for everyone. We wish you the best of luck in your new role.

9. "Great Company To Work For"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clear and transparent career progression. Good training and supportive business.

Cons

Difficult to maintain a consistent work life balance

October 29, 2019Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review. A work-life balance is possible if all KPI's are hit during work hours, which is obtainable. Please speak to your line manager on how to hit these goals and maintaining a good work-life balance.

"A lot of fundamental issues"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

- Some of the Senior Leadership team - Strong investment in systems - International opportunities

Cons

- Major issues with work/life balance and compensation - Staff turnover incredibly high, even by industry standards - Sales training is one size fits all and trying to replicate a watered down "boiler room" environment -Failure to acknowledge changes in the UK recruitment industry. Mandatory 11 hour days are not productive or necessary to succeed. - Volatile and childish behaviour from some members of management

October 23, 2019Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review. We've recently made a lot of changes in our London office such as office space, work-life balance and so much more. We wish you the best of luck in your new role.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 English Reviews