Frazer-Nash Consultancy Reviews

Updated Oct 8, 2021

Found 94 of over 105 reviews

4.3
Frazer-Nash Consultancy Managing Director Neil McDougall (no image)
Neil McDougall
Pros
  • "Work-life balance, interesting work and talented colleagues(in 10 reviews)

• "Strong work/life balance - not a great amount of unexpected overtime (compared with other consultancies)(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Limited career progression opportunities as you become more senior(in 5 reviews)

• "The Bristol Narrow Quay office is very nice(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Graduate Experience

Oct 8, 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

In touch throughout my pre-employment period. Very engaged with graduates from day 1 onwards. Extremely friendly and positive atmosphere, its encouraged to get in contact with anyone across the company whenever it is needed, regardless of seniority.

Cons

In between projects can be slow, this is the nature of consultancy and not Frazer-Nash specific

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good employers

Oct 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Given freedom to make a positive contribution

Cons

Growth to ~1000 employees makes progress more difficult than it used to be

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Culture

Sep 28, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Burton upon Trent, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Access to breath of skillsets and markets, working on high profile and cutting edge projects. Well connected business with friendly and flexible culture.

Cons

Salaries are very opaque so it's difficult to know whether you're on a fair rate in comparison to your colleagues. However you get this at most places.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Salary

Sep 14, 2021 - Engineer in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunity to progress in the company

Cons

Can be expected to work long hours

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overall assessment

Aug 20, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Highly technical and interesting work

Cons

Poor job security compared with peers

6. 5.0

A people company

Aug 13, 2021 - Management Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance. Really looked after staff throughout Covid. No redundancies, No pay cuts and we still received our bonuses. Going from strength to strength with increased revenues through difficult times. Flexible working and delivery based.

Cons

Possibly lower salaries than competitors but outweighed by the work life balance and culture.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

A great place to work

Aug 13, 2021 - Consultant in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent team and colleagues with managers who in the main care about wellbeing and development.

Cons

Promotion prospects can be complicated with fewer options for formal progression but training and accreditation is encouraged.

8. 4.0

Good company

Aug 10, 2021 - Systems Engineer in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, potential for varied work

Cons

Average to low pay given the chargeable rates.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Challenging, varied work, average pay

Jun 7, 2021 - Senior Engineer in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging, varied work, and encouragement to pursue interesting new ideas

Cons

Average pay, holidays, and expected to do lots of project management

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

MD needs to leave

Jul 11, 2021 - Group Leader in Dorking, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

He sacked a load of useless senior managers He keeps Babcock out of our business He’s very charming when his team are hitting the numbers

Cons

He’s never been a consultant and has little idea what it takes to develop new customers or new services He lies. Tells the team to get out and build the business and promises promotions. Then turns round and tells them Nash isn’t the sort of place where people who build the business should expect to be promoted He’s controlled by his ego He likes to think he’s right and only promotes people who tell him how excellent he is He’s too old fashioned for a modern, cutting edge consultancy. We thought he’d changed but recent events have shown how easy it is for him to return to form He really needs to stay off the keyboard when he comes back from holiday in a bad mood Why has he made sure that employees at Nash don’t have access to Babcock’s anti corruption whistleblowing hotline?

4 people found this review helpful

Frazer-Nash Consultancy Response

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Glassdoor Review. We appreciate all feedback; and we do follow-up on the comments left for us. As this Glassdoor review is anonymous, we’re unable to follow-up with you and address your concerns personally. Needless to say, we are disappointed and saddened by the inaccurate and untrue comments in this review. As an example, we have several people policies that help support our colleague’s wellbeing; and a formal grievance procedure should any employee wish to raise an issue. Links to these, and our Business Ethics Compliance Policy are available to all colleagues on the Human Resources’ section of our intranet. Our Business Ethics Compliance Policy explains how you can make a disclosure to our shareholder’s (Babcock International Group) confidential reporting service – ‘SPEAKUP’ operated independently by InTouch. You can do this by telephone, internet or by post. This policy also covers how employees who disclose such concerns are protected and how confidentiality is maintained. We strive to live by our values: we care, we are trusted, we deliver success, and we want to do things that matter. That’s why people join us and stay; and why some of the world’s leading organisations come to us for help.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Reviews