Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews

Updated 6 Aug 2020

3.4
Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell
  1. "Excellent"

Former Employee - Pct

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

Absolutely loved everything about working here

Cons

None that I can think of

2. "Great Company to work for"

5.0

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Takes care of their employees

Cons

Expected to work tight staffed

3. "Very great"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

Very supportive and so accomodating.

Cons

No downside experienced at all.

4. "great new grad position"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

excellent benefits, sundays off, get to know patients seeing them 3x weekly.

Cons

small clinic, rotation of staff

5. "So far, so good."

Current Employee - Dietitian in Rockford, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

respectful of each other and patients, good training

Cons

must be independent learner, if thats a con

Continue reading
  6. "Love to work for this company"

Current Employee - PCT III/Preceptor in New York, NY

Pros

Rewarding, great benefits, good pay, great experience

Cons

long work hours and difficult schedules

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

Good culture. They listen to employees through surveys.

Cons

Hours may fluctuate based on patient census

8. "Awesome company to work for"

Current Employee - Social Worker in Worcester, MA

Pros

Decent salary, flexible schedule and team work

Cons

Constantly changing policies, huge company

Continue reading
  9. "A terrific place to start, build, and define a career."

Current Employee - Engineer I in Lawrence, MA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

FMC-NA has employed me as a co-op, intern, and full-time employee. Talent management and acquisition is fantastic. If you impress the team, they'll do all they can to keep you. Benefits, compensation, and career development are strong points. FMC Engineering allows you to take ownership of processes, products, and reporting. The team here is always willing to help and collaboration is a focal point. New co-ops arrive every 6 months to provide support to engineering, and their introduction really helps keep everyone on the same page and brightens up the office with enthusiastic new faces. The group is growing at all times it seems, so new engineers are welcomed with open arms and given opportunities to contribute right away. Training is given with the right amount of time, detail, and follow-up. I've never felt uncomfortable to ask any question. The company sets the standard for excellence in the kidney care market, and that excellence applies to its R&D and engineering support teams as well. This company will provide you with skills that you can transfer into any engineering role. Engineers are exposed to new product development, manufacturing, sustaining product lines, testing, prototyping, and taught proper FDA documentation. You get to wear a lot of hats as an engineer here and will be exposed to multiple teams to understand cross-functional collaboration and to learn from your peers. FMC is providing cutting-edge solutions in the renal care market. Management sets you up for success. They will work with you to establish your goals and provide you with the resources to reach them. The office building is in a great location and is a beautiful place to work, with new additions being added all the time. Office park has access to a gym, restaurants, parking garage, surface parking lot, and outdoor Riverwalk pathway along the Merrimack River. Internal office is newly renovated with impressive lab spaces, first floor cafeteria (with oven, microwaves, refrigerators, grab-and-go, ping-pong, foosball, air hockey, card tables, and walking treadmills), and adequate cubicle-style seating.

Cons

Similar to other medical device engineering companies, there is a lot of employee turnover and shuffling, which I think the company should address by stressing internal promotion. Projects are often being delayed, which can be frustrating.

10. "Cool place"

Current Employee - Dietitian in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Flexible schedule and clinics to transfer to anywhere in US.

Cons

Patient population can be difficult

Found 1752 reviews