Fujitsu Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 21 Jun 2020

3.3
Fujitsu President and Representative Director Takahito Tokita
Takahito Tokita
Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good company to work for, has some of the best brains in the business!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gives employees the opportunity to grow professionally and supports innovative thinking. Looks after employees and lives up to contractual obligations even if the employee has left the organisation.

Cons

Work life balance and the internal approval processes can be difficult to get through.

"Employees centric company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time

Pros

They place a lot of trust and look after their employees

Cons

Can often have issues with work life balance

"Ok, but lots of room for improvement"

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

Work with good teams Direct management tend to be good and considerate to their teams, but their hands are tied

Cons

Poor pay reviews and rises regardless of outcome of performance reviews Work / life balance always favours work - little compensation for the extra hours, it’s pretty much expected Little understanding of direction of company from senior leadership team

"Fujitsu"

Current Employee - Engineer in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of exposure to various projects plus some breakfix and deskside opportunity

Cons

Easy to feel like a figure not a person plus limited growth in some areas. Work life balance is hard to manage due to nature of the role.

"I have been working at Fujitsu Consulting for a number of years now"

Current Employee - Business Consultant

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible approach to work You don’t have to be in London but willing to travel

Cons

Getting the right work life balance can be challenging atimes

"Needs a big shake up"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Sleeping giant that could be immense Healthcare, Ability to buy more leave

Cons

No progression, A lot of work in silos and focus only on looking good in their organisation Work life balance is a myth a lot of times Managers are focussed on bonus, not on strategy

"Software Developer"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Wages, Good Overtime (even though they expect it too often and too long)

Cons

NO !!! Work life balance at all Expected to work long hours and then get up and be back in the office early the next day, while at the same time trying to study and do up skilling tasks at home Pay if that good it seems like Golden Handcuffs to keep you there as a pay cut is needed to leave If expensive training is undertaken then some manager charge you back for the training if you leave within 2 years No career opportunities or progression as "they cant be seen to be promoting or giving pay rises while redundancy talks are on going in the company", but then higher grade jobs are advertised online.

April 16, 2018HR Country Lead

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that you feel like we offer a bad work-life balance and that there is little to no career progression. We would like to encourage you to talk to your local HR person about these issues into more detail. Thanks again!

"Zero job satisfaction, only worked there to pay the bills"

1.0
    Former Employee - Oracle Functional Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary Benefits I was fortunate to work with some really good people, most of which left the company during my time there

Cons

My Line manager was clueless, indifferent to one's concerns and issues and only got the job as he is a Yes man and unlikely to challenge his superiors in any way Work life balance promoted but not adhered to Bullying to join projects where the required skills were beyond my experience and comfort zone and threatened with disciplinary if I said no Blame culture when things go wrong Appraisal process was a complete joke and always marked down my management Little or no bonuses Jobs for the boys culture Poor programme management Win at any cost mindset Too much politics between the project and delivery teams Too much emphasis on process Mandated use of Skype No promotion No career progression Told to work weekends rather than asked Poor pipeline of work Too much reliance on the public sector Failure to properly target and win business in the Cloud market

August 1, 2017HR Country Lead

Thank you for sharing your honest opinion. We are happy to hear that you got to work with some great people and that you approve of the various benefits we offer. On the other hand, we are very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with Fujitsu’s management and culture and would love to invite you to talk about this more into detail with your local HR person. Please know that we really value your feedback and we always strive to improve as a company, especially when it comes to culture and work environment, we strive to offer the best for our employees. Thanks again for your review!

"we work in interesting times"

Current Employee - TSS4 in London, England

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

company is taking action to secure the business moving forward. Training (in externally recognised things) is available. I trust the boss - which says a lot. I have marked down as the next 2 years will be turbulent and difficult. I don't expect there to be any sort of promotion/career opportunities/payrise .

Cons

future shape of the company seems to be decided on lowest possible cost with no input from those who have to support/ deliver contracts in the future ! distinct feeling of being treated like a mushroom. Famous work- life-balance is often touted but in my experience it can vanish overnight.

March 8, 2017HR Country Lead

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate it. As we momentarily are going through change as a company it might feel sometimes focus is shifting because of all priorities set, but please bear with us to continue our path towards growth. If you want to discuss your opinion into more detail feel free to contact your local HR person. Thanks again for leaving a review.

"Risk of redundancy today, perhaps new opportunities in the pipeline"

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time

Pros

Large international company, wide spectrum of roles with some flexibility to move around if you network and drive it. Some good managers (I have had mixed experiences). Offices all over the UK and internationally. Some roles and mangers support flexible working, some don't. Fair company pension contribution, healthcare, 25 +/- 5 days leave, company car for most management roles, and other benefits. The majority of people I have worked with have been perfectly pleasant. Many employees stay with Fujitsu long term, and many return after leaving because it is generally 'comfortable', though less so today with redundancies.

Cons

Significant restructuring and redundancies; leadership is very selective about what information is released. Some line managers are not good. Work-life balance in some roles can be poor if you want to do a good job. Long term employees will fall far behind market rate. No company share or investment benefits (Japanese company). Appraisal process is a formality, which fails to recognise or reward individual performances. Feeling less like the people company of 10 years ago and culture starting to align more closely with our American competitors. 12 months ago I would have recommended Fujitsu, today I would suggest waiting for the restructuring to complete.

January 13, 2017HR Country Lead

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are sorry to hear that you personally feel the work-life balance Fujitsu offers isn’t accessible to all employees, as we usually get a lot of praise on our work-life balance. We are continuously investing in our management development and are committed to create growth and improvement for our company. Fujitsu’s transformation program is designed to improve efficiency and we are certain that these efforts will pay off in the coming year. We will take your feedback into account and will use it to build a better and stronger company. We hope you will bear with us whilst going through change. Thanks again for your feedback, we really value it!

Found 51 reviews