FundApps Reviews

FundApps CEO Andrew Patrick White
Andrew Patrick White
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

FundApps raises the bar! (2.5 years at FundApps)

Feb 7, 2021 - Senior Client Success Manager in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A big part of the company is the FOUNDER and CEO Andrew. His passion, personality, style and LOVE for the company are basically the engine that shapes and drives FundApps' culture and success. If you like Andrew and his ways (I did), you will likely have a very good time at FundApps! Complete autonomy, flexibility and trust from Management. I could basically do whatever I wanted, however I wanted and when I wanted, as long as I delivered. Very empowering and giving a great sense of freedom. Awesome culture, great people, great product. PUPPIES AT THE OFFICE?!?!? Yes please! No dress code i.e. I got to wear ALL my fresh track-suits. Basically just do you and do it well and everybody is happy! Also a certified B-corp. Coming from a more corporate background, I had no idea what this was, but it turned out to be one of the things about the company I appreciated the most! As a Senior CSM, I also had the pleasure of working with some of FundApps' heaviest clients, including top Hedge Funds and Investment banks while engaging with their teams from top-to-bottom and having the end-to-end client responsibility for these.

Cons

The pros by far outweigh the cons, but just to be transparent with anybody who is considering joining FundApps as a (senior) Client Success Manager: In my understanding, FundApps is (currently) purely organic and funded only through growth i.e. boot-strapped with no invested money. This means they are very cost-conscious and are not trying to be competitive in terms of monetary compensation - at least not in the client services team. I believe they aim for the median industry-wide salary, and this is not in FinTech where I would expect a higher than average, but just in general. However, I would say that this is partially offset by their various non-monetary benefits. BUT, if you are coming from a bigger SaaS or from many other places in Finance, you will likely have to take a pay-cut to be part of FundApps (guessing ~30-50% depending on your circumstances). DON'T join FundApps for money. Join FundApps for Love <3

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 24, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything! culture, people, benefits, flexibility

Cons

not hierarchical so unclear route for promotion

3. The latest conversations about Tech

158 Comments

Join the conversation on
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people and great values

Nov 13, 2019 - Infrastructure Engineer in Kirkland, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of really smart people to learn from. Feels like you can really make a difference here.

Cons

You wear a lot of hats here. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes a bad thing.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

#raise-the-bar

Dec 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- fun & smart people to work with - use your knowledge to make an impact - care about more than just making profit

Cons

- as with every growing company we are discovering what our good and bad habits are

People Operations & Talent Manager

Hi there :) Thanks for the review and feedback. It's awesome to know you're enjoying FundApps and completely agree that staying true to our values will hold us in good stead! It's going to be an exciting 2019 and beyond so glad to have you on board! Best, Pat

6. 4.0

Enabling Work Environment

Jul 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Old Street, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Efficient & adaptable ways of working e.g. little meetings means more collaboration -Exciting business journey, continuing to grow global client base due to products success -Empowered and trusted to make own decisions and get stuff done -Flexible working, whether working in a coffee shop or at home at anytime -Great people from 30+ different nationalities with great socials monthly -Good pay with regular reviews for increments

Cons

-Ambiguous at times as to what to focus on (teaches serious prioritisation skills) -Fast paced - can sometimes feel like your not clued up as to what all teams are doing although the performance approach ensures we all know the key objectives being worked on.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

A truly awesome place to work!

Mar 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are highly intelligent people around you every day to learn from Great social atmosphere and lots of events to bring the team together Lots of autonomy and freedom to have an impact

Cons

The usual challenges of a scaling company, but other than that I can't think of one!

People Operations & Talent Manager

Hi there :) Thanks for the review and feedback. Great to hear you've got the autonomy and freedom to have an impact and as we scale up further we want to make sure we keep that for everyone at FundApps! We have more exciting times ahead so buckle up ;) Best, Pat

8. 4.0

Great place to work

Feb 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Surrounded by super smart people, in a fast-paced environment that encourages all to put in the effort and time to develop further Friendly, open environment Flexibility where needed: in roles, with working arrangements etc. Doesn't feel like work (just the right amount) Great support no matter what because hearts are in the right place regardless of challenges or appearances Great challenge if you're up for a new one

Cons

Overall social inclusion can feel conditional at times Pace is extremely fast, potentially not very helpful for those that lack confidence while still adapting Some benefits could be extended e.g. gym membership sponsoring coverage

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's a good place to work

Dec 17, 2017 - Infrastructure Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is successful, work is interesting and people are nice. Big focus on a non-corporate common sense approach, which works well and gives flexibility and trust to employees.

Cons

It's a small, fast moving startup, so you have to be prepared to ask questions and get used to the pace

10. 5.0

Working here is a joy

Mar 9, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

FundApps is a company driven by strong, shared core values. Among those values are a desire to deliver the highest quality service possible while employing intelligent, engaged, and honest people to achieve that (all while having fun and not taking themselves too seriously). The people here question the status quo, engage in friendly debate while naturally being inclusive of different backgrounds and perspectives. The CEO and others eschew B.S. corporate-speak and value clarity, directness, and transparency instead!

Cons

Compensation isn't like the corporate world, but it's a startup, after all.

1 person found this review helpful

People Operations & Talent Manager

Thanks a bundle for your feedback :) Completely agree with your advice too - it's a challenge startups often face and once we will drive hard!

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

I love working for a successful company!

Jan 13, 2017 - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative, friendly culture: my colleagues are all smart, hard-working and nice to be around - whether for working out a solution to a problem, having lunch or a drink after work, or playing board games. We all learn from each other. Successful company: We all celebrate together when we sign a new client, which happens increasingly often as our sales capacity ramps up! Strong client base, good future prospects. Great office and perks: awesome location, free tea, coffee, fruit, snacks (healthy and otherwise), and free beers on Fridays! Work on real things: we deploy every day. Finished a feature? It will be out with clients in hours. Interesting technical challenges: cool stack, super varied work, green field projects. Agile practices: TDD is a given, lightweight process and #GSD (get stuff done). Great benefits: generous paternity/maternity policy, volunteer leave, pension, gym membership. Plus: startups are the best school, and where best to learn than at a successful startups :)

Cons

Training is self-driven (we're working to structure it better). Need to be a self-starter: no-one will tell you what to do by default (but if you want that, people will ;)

1 person found this review helpful

People Operations & Talent Manager

It's almost a year since you wrote this but given I'm only 7 weeks in hopefully I'm forgiven for the late response :) Thanks for your feedback - it was great to read through! The training is something that hopefully with our £1,000 personal learning budget each in 2018 along with our new platform we will help to structure better for everyone. Can't wait to see how it goes!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews