FundApps Reviews

FundApps CEO Andrew Patrick White
Andrew Patrick White
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

FundApps raises the bar! (2.5 years at FundApps)

7 Feb 2021 - Senior Client Success Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A big part of the company is the FOUNDER and CEO Andrew. His passion, personality, style and LOVE for the company are basically the engine that shapes and drives FundApps' culture and success. If you like Andrew and his ways (I did), you will likely have a very good time at FundApps! Complete autonomy, flexibility and trust from Management. I could basically do whatever I wanted, however I wanted and when I wanted, as long as I delivered. Very empowering and giving a great sense of freedom. Awesome culture, great people, great product. PUPPIES AT THE OFFICE?!?!? Yes please! No dress code i.e. I got to wear ALL my fresh track-suits. Basically just do you and do it well and everybody is happy! Also a certified B-corp. Coming from a more corporate background, I had no idea what this was, but it turned out to be one of the things about the company I appreciated the most! As a Senior CSM, I also had the pleasure of working with some of FundApps' heaviest clients, including top Hedge Funds and Investment banks while engaging with their teams from top-to-bottom and having the end-to-end client responsibility for these.

Cons

The pros by far outweigh the cons, but just to be transparent with anybody who is considering joining FundApps as a (senior) Client Success Manager: In my understanding, FundApps is (currently) purely organic and funded only through growth i.e. boot-strapped with no invested money. This means they are very cost-conscious and are not trying to be competitive in terms of monetary compensation - at least not in the client services team. I believe they aim for the median industry-wide salary, and this is not in FinTech where I would expect a higher than average, but just in general. However, I would say that this is partially offset by their various non-monetary benefits. BUT, if you are coming from a bigger SaaS or from many other places in Finance, you will likely have to take a pay-cut to be part of FundApps (guessing ~30-50% depending on your circumstances). DON'T join FundApps for money. Join FundApps for Love <3

2. 5.0

Great place to work

24 Jan 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything! culture, people, benefits, flexibility

Cons

not hierarchical so unclear route for promotion

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people and great values

13 Nov 2019 - Infrastructure Engineer in Old Street, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of really smart people to learn from. Feels like you can really make a difference here.

Cons

You wear a lot of hats here. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes a bad thing.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

#raise-the-bar

6 Dec 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- fun & smart people to work with - use your knowledge to make an impact - care about more than just making profit

Cons

- as with every growing company we are discovering what our good and bad habits are

People Operations & Talent Manager

Hi there :) Thanks for the review and feedback. It's awesome to know you're enjoying FundApps and completely agree that staying true to our values will hold us in good stead! It's going to be an exciting 2019 and beyond so glad to have you on board! Best, Pat

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

I love working for a successful company!

13 Jan 2017 - Software Engineer in Shoreditch, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative, friendly culture: my colleagues are all smart, hard-working and nice to be around - whether for working out a solution to a problem, having lunch or a drink after work, or playing board games. We all learn from each other. Successful company: We all celebrate together when we sign a new client, which happens increasingly often as our sales capacity ramps up! Strong client base, good future prospects. Great office and perks: awesome location, free tea, coffee, fruit, snacks (healthy and otherwise), and free beers on Fridays! Work on real things: we deploy every day. Finished a feature? It will be out with clients in hours. Interesting technical challenges: cool stack, super varied work, green field projects. Agile practices: TDD is a given, lightweight process and #GSD (get stuff done). Great benefits: generous paternity/maternity policy, volunteer leave, pension, gym membership. Plus: startups are the best school, and where best to learn than at a successful startups :)

Cons

Training is self-driven (we're working to structure it better). Need to be a self-starter: no-one will tell you what to do by default (but if you want that, people will ;)

1 person found this review helpful

People Operations & Talent Manager

It's almost a year since you wrote this but given I'm only 7 weeks in hopefully I'm forgiven for the late response :) Thanks for your feedback - it was great to read through! The training is something that hopefully with our £1,000 personal learning budget each in 2018 along with our new platform we will help to structure better for everyone. Can't wait to see how it goes!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Get Stuff Done, Contribute, Learn, Succeed

13 Oct 2016 - Marketing Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture here is better than anywhere I've ever worked. Every success the company has is really made to feel like a team effort. FundApps is a really special company with a lot of growth ahead. The management structure is really flat (in the best kind of ways) and you're always given what you need to reach your potential. The team is really dedicated and talented, and there's a real sense of community. Management are keen to hear what's going on, and are more than happy to be challenged on something if you have evidence to back up your claims. The office perks are great, and the flexible working is a real breath of fresh air. If you're sad, people care. If you're struggling, people care. The 'Automate All The Things' attitude is a refreshing change, it's good.

Cons

The business operates in quite a niche area, which can be challenging. FundApps deliver quite a technical product, so getting up to speed with the ins and outs of corporate finance is hard for some.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Just Great!!

21 Oct 2016 - Client Services in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

FundApps is an amazing place to work. The trust that the management put into new starters as well as more seasoned employees is not to be found anywhere else. Everyone has a lot of free room to develop them selves personally and to be involved in areas that would not be their core. The vibe is great, the product is great and I enjoy every single day in the office.

Cons

Stupid question:) There really is no cons, the freedom and the vision of the company makes you not think of the small things that someone might see as cons. Deskbeers on Fridays, what more could you ask for.

8. 5.0

Work Hard, Play Hard

13 Oct 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The work is very interesting and challenging - One of my biggest fears when moving jobs was getting along with my colleagues, but in FundApps the people are very friendly, knowledgeable and professional - The team is very sociable, and the monthly social events are usually quite a lot of fun - People are given a lot of responsibility but at the same time are given the trust to get the job done the way they see fit

Cons

- Sometimes I feel like I get pushed to work a bit harder than in my previous job, but at the same time I feel like it drives me to do some excellent work

CEO

Glad to hear it! And keep going the extra mile :)

9. 5.0

Working here is a joy

9 Mar 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

FundApps is a company driven by strong, shared core values. Among those values are a desire to deliver the highest quality service possible while employing intelligent, engaged, and honest people to achieve that (all while having fun and not taking themselves too seriously). The people here question the status quo, engage in friendly debate while naturally being inclusive of different backgrounds and perspectives. The CEO and others eschew B.S. corporate-speak and value clarity, directness, and transparency instead!

Cons

Compensation isn't like the corporate world, but it's a startup, after all.

1 person found this review helpful

People Operations & Talent Manager

Thanks a bundle for your feedback :) Completely agree with your advice too - it's a challenge startups often face and once we will drive hard!

10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Software Engineering Intern

17 Oct 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined as a software engineering intern and worked at the company for 6 months over the summer. The company consists of some amazing people and everyone's very friendly and collaborative. You have a good degree of freedom as to how to go about your work, and there will always be help should you need it. The employees are also very sociable and easy to get along with.

Cons

Nothing negative comes to mind, truthfully.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews