Funding Circle Reviews

Found 320 of over 341 reviews

3.9
Funding Circle Co-Founder and CEO Samir Desai
Samir Desai
Pros
  • "Product: No other company has been able to figure out peer to peer lending as good as Funding Circle(in 30 reviews)

• "Great people who are down to earth(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can work more on career progression(in 13 reviews)

• "A very high turnover is present(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Strong Leadership

Oct 19, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am constantly in awe of our Management team, especially through these challenging covid times, and so I felt it the right time to leave a review on what a great place Funding Circle is to work for. I feel proud and honoured to be working in a business that values your input and is supportive in every way. There is a very open communication channel from all of our senior Leaders. Our CEO in particular has demonstrated complete honesty & integrity throughout this crazy year and I am super proud to be a part of his Funding Circle family. He is humble in every way and is incredibly inspirational - he has a way of pulling you all together on his journey and creating a forward thinking culture, I am thoroughly enjoying my time working here. It is great to see and feel the impact working in a P2P lender and what our organisation is doing for our wider communities.

Cons

None that I can think of.

1 person found this review helpful

Funding Circle Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're really please to hear you're enjoying your experience at Funding Circle. Our CEO and Senior Management Team are working hard to ensure strong communication throughout this extended period of home working. We'd like to thank you for all your hard work and dedication to Funding Circle.

2. 5.0

👍

Jul 11, 2021 - Software Engineer-1 in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote working acceptable, great culture

Cons

Based in London. Nothing else

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture with a lot of personal development

Jul 23, 2021 - Marketing in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Everyone is approachable. Good worklife balance too.

Cons

Policy on remote work outside the UK needs changing to attract the top talents in Tech.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company for those with ambitions

Jul 23, 2021 - Risk Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

A company that tries to grow and filled with passionate people

Cons

Some jobs demand flexibility on working hours

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Do not recommend!

May 18, 2021 - Sales in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- most employees from different departments are helpful when you ask them questions - great social events and Christmas party - very approachable Managing Director

Cons

- incredibly monotonous work feeling like working in a call centre - employees are rewarded for quantity (e.g. staying on calls with clients as long as they can without adding value) instead of quality - Management is ticking boxes rather than focusing on real employee development (e.g. employees are asked to fill in lengthy monthly performance reviews without Management ever mentioning them again) - 4-5 meetings a day with useless updates - no ownership within the team: difficult complaint e-mails are ignored by colleagues and left in the inbox - no customer focus: clients are harassed and called every day to send in their documents - poor and misleading product: Marketing advertising interest rates on the website that are not even offered and website lures you to make an application promising an instant decision, which is not true - company constantly focuses on wins rather than assessing their performance objectively - no ability to take on additional responsibilities nor autonomy to organise own workload as Management is constantly deciding what to do next - Management pretends to care about employee wellbeing but at the same time people that work until 9PM are celebrated - Management is not taking any feedback on board with regards to the product - Very low pay

3 people found this review helpful

Funding Circle Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we’re sorry to hear that your experience didn’t meet expectations. We’ve been proud this year to improve some of the areas you’ve mentioned including launching a brand new Manager Training Programme to support and develop managers in a number of areas including how to conduct and manage effective performance reviews and how to best support their teams' mental health and wellbeing. Additional benefits have also been added to our offering including free counselling sessions, training sessions and external speakers to ensure all our Circlers have access to the support they need in regards to their health and wellbeing. We’ve also created a new dedicated Complaints team to investigate any complaints to ensure both our Circlers and our customers are supported by experts in this area. We’re always looking for ways to improve our Circlers experience and will take your feedback onboard. We’d like to thank you for all your hard work and dedication to Funding Circle and wish you the best of luck in your new role!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

Jul 22, 2021 - Payments Operations Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Environment Good benefits Transparency Supportive Exposure

Cons

Easy to get comfortable which prevents personal growth

7. 5.0

Excellent place to work

Jul 8, 2021 - Service Desk Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tech stack is above any other company ive worked for

Cons

No cons that I can think of

2 people found this review helpful

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Smart people, good company, below average pay

May 25, 2021 - Data Scientist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great perks like team events and coffee. Clear mission statement

Cons

Focus on hiring based on university and grades as opposed to whether people are good to work with and will stay at the company. Too many technicians who are hard work to communicate with and are not motivated to work hard for the company

1 person found this review helpful

Funding Circle Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry to hear your experience at Funding Circle didn't always meet expectations. We're constantly looking at ways to try and improve our employee experience and we're currently reviewing our Graduate scheme to ensure we are developing our amazing junior talent. We want to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and dedication to Funding Circle and to wish you the best of luck in your new role!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Data Analyst at Funding Circle

Jun 13, 2021 - Data Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great work culture. Very easy going. 2. Generally 9 to 5.

Cons

1. Sometimes there is just too much work and the team really need more people to deal with everything.

Funding Circle Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're really pleased you're enjoying your time at Funding Circle and Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication. We would love to be able to talk to you more about your feedback on work capacity so encourage you to reach out to your People Partner to discuss further.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work

Jun 1, 2021 - Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities to progress if you perform well

Cons

Could be a con depends how you view it but a lot of the staff are quite young

People Partner

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're really pleased you're enjoying your time at Funding Circle! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 320 Reviews