Funding Circle Employee Reviews about "career progression"

Updated Nov 3, 2021

Found 22 of over 376 reviews

4.0
Funding Circle Co-Founder and CEO Samir Desai
Samir Desai
Pros
  • "I have been at Funding Circle about 1(in 32 reviews)

• "Great people and a fantastic culture(in 28 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can work more on career progression(in 15 reviews)

• "Different "fitness" subsidies for SF and Denver office(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

88 Comments

Finance

28.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Funding Circle~793185
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "career progression"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Nov 3, 2021 - Credit Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, career progression, quality leadership

Cons

Not too much to say, not allowing fully remote working currently.

Funding Circle Response

Thank you for taking the time to review your time at Funding Circle so far, we value your feedback. We're happy you are enjoying your time here! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a great place to work

Oct 19, 2021 - Loan Operations Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a big company so loads of places to move to

Cons

Very low pay Inexperienced management Career progression for favourites only

2 people found this review helpful

Funding Circle Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry to hear your experience at Funding Circle didn't always meet expectations. We’re always looking for ways to improve our Circlers experience and appreciate your feedback regarding progression and compensation. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to Funding Circle!

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A fun place to work with a great culture

Feb 6, 2021 - Sales Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Genuinely fantastic culture, the leadership team are generally very open. The sales-floor was very vibrant, with lots of young, similar-minded people and a lot of fun socials. During my time there, I never had "the Sunday feeling", which says a lot about the culture. Most of the managers were good and caring people, who would focus not only on career progression, but also personal progression. There was also a great work/life balance, with zero pressure to work beyond the core hours. I enjoyed my time there and will look back fondly.

Cons

The basic salary + bonus aren't brilliant for London. Core role does get monotonous, with praise for quantity of work done rather than quality.

Funding Circle Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're really pleased you enjoyed your time at Funding Circle! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication and best of luck in your new role!

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good Company

Feb 3, 2021 - Sales Development Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and great offices

Cons

Could improve on career progression opportunities.

Funding Circle Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're really pleased you enjoyed your time at Funding Circle. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication and best of luck in your new role!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Positive overall

Jan 19, 2021 - Loan Operations Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall friendly environment with career progression opportunities

Cons

Salary and long working hours

1 person found this review helpful

Funding Circle Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're really pleased you’re enjoying your time at Funding Circle. We take all our Circler's feedback very seriously and appreciate your feedback regarding compensation and working hours. We're always trying to improve our employee experience. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to Funding Circle!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Was working for the sales team

Jan 22, 2021 - Sales Development Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great socials, Great people, Great office

Cons

Can work more on career progression.

7. 5.0

Work hard - play hard

Nov 25, 2020 - Account Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A brilliant training programme when you join and throughout you time at FC. Targets worked out based on key metrics so as long as you work hard you will hit your target and earn commission. Its a very fun place to work - great social events

Cons

Career progression was an issue when you get towards to top of the sales team there wasn't anywhere to move to in order to keep building and developing so the roles became stagnant.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Oct 23, 2019 - Sales Development Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent working environment with great people and career progression

Cons

None so far as I am still in my first year

People Partner

Thank you for your positive feedback - it's great to hear and we hope you continue to enjoy your career at Funding Circle.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Poor management

Sep 1, 2019 - Underwriting Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great social culture, transparent senior stakeholders

Cons

Poor and inexperienced management, weak career progression opportunities, no incentives (bonuses and incentives given only to sales)

4 people found this review helpful

People Partner

Thank you for your feedback; it's great to hear you enjoy the social side and value the transparency across the business. We have done a lot of work on career progression and publicising internal opportunities; please speak to your manager about the career maps or our Talent Acquisition team for roles available.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee

Awful management and no career progression

Sep 12, 2019 - Recoveries Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and relaxed environment

Cons

- poor management: no training and very passive aggressive in dealing with team members - management pressurise team members to work overtime without any remuneration - I’ve seen ethnic minorities being treated unfairly and not given the same career progression/development opportunities - No confidentiality: if you tell a manager anything sensitive, it’s pretty much broadcasted around the office

6 people found this review helpful