Fyber Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 22 April 2019

4.0
Ziv Elul

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Very fun, warm, caring environment, very flexible and good work/life balance" (in 4 reviews)

• "Great benefits, excellent forward momentum as a company, growth industry, great people" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's clear that money is more important than people, as people were laid-off but bonuses for the new C-level stayed" (in 6 reviews)

• "Poor management, lack of leadership, poor financial results, investor pressure" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great team, great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Fyber full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All round Fyber ticked all the boxes for a place to work, but for me the defining business Pro's would be that they were miles ahead of the competition at identifying and following industry trends within the in-app ecosystem and constantly setting a benchmark. On the publisher monetisation side of the business, it was fast moving, innovative and Fyber is a front-runner SSP. As a place to work, the UK office has a great team and a fun atmosphere that makes you want to go to work each day. Company benefits were also great!

Fyber is a company moving in the right direction, good prospects for the future! Especially with partnerships like Facebook etc.

Cons

In my first few years at Fyber the inter-office communication in terms of support / general information was terrible. This has been resolved dramatically in the last year but it was the worst I had experienced at a publicly traded co. when I first arrived in 2016.

There were times when there was a lack of leadership in the UK.

Not enough focus on the brand / agency sales / direct advertiser sales - given that they had a fantastic product, just not the internal tools to execute brand requirements.

The original German leadership / management was terrible (all gone now). The best thing to happen to the company was the acquisition of Inneractive and have their senior management take over.

Advice to Management

The only constructive advice I have are that there was often a mismatch between investment (time, focus, energy and business prioritisation) between supply and demand. As an SSP Fyber are fantastic at focusing on their publishers needs but there was a severe lack of investment on the demand side (agencies and brands) from a product, platform and team perspective. Finding the balance between the 2 is key to the success of any SSP.

Often they would build an incredible business strategy / plan which required strong business tech and product on both sides . But only end up building the supply - publisher facing products and leave the demand tech & product til later (MUCH later), so the demand side (money coming in) suffered.

"full of children"

I worked at Fyber full-time

Pros

no really a proper pro but got some good investors that helped cash flow. Good place for non experienced people, first level entry job.

Cons

as any other berlin based start up is full of non-professionla non-experienced employees. office is pretty much a kindergarten, underpaid non german employees and definitely overpaid german managers. Seems hierarchy is done based on your passport...
    Copy cut business model, do not join if you are an open minded person because you will pretty much see yourself duplicating whatsoever leading company has done. Couple of dinosaur employees as well, they have developed their career within the company, have no clue what goes on behind "Fyber wall"

3. "Wonderful place to work! Feels like a family"

I have been working at Fyber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful office, delicious snacks, weekly yoga, and wonderful coworkers that feel like family!

The people are wonderful and what make coming to work each day a joy! Teams are very collaborative, and I get the unique opportunity to actually meet with VP and C-Levels - and not to mention the CEO. I feel like my efforts are recognized by upper management, and I get to truly make a difference! I’m not just a number.

Fyber has been incredibly flexible and supportive with some health things that have come up for me, as well as being understanding with family needs! I feel like I have a very healthy work life balance, and I couldn’t be happier! It makes me grateful to be here, and because of the flexibility I feel motivated to work hard!!

We have recharge Friday’s on top of PTO and have an amazing benefits package! I’ve been able to travel with the company to our other offices outside of the country, which is incredible! Fyber is also incredibly supportive of actually using your PTO for personal travel. Everyone on my team travels internationally for fun! We also have amazing commuter benefits!!! I get lyft credits each month and love it. You can choose the option that’s best for you.

It’s a really great place to work! It’s changed a lot since I’ve been there, all for the better. Everyone who’s in the office now truly wants to be there and make a difference! Everyone is warm and approachable and willing to help.

I highly recommend working here!

Cons

Sometimes there is a delay in getting responses since people are all over the globe and there is a time difference, but everyone does their best to bridge the gap and take calls at times that work for all parties.

Advice to Management

Continue being warm, approachable, open to feedback and ideas, and giving feedback in return! I’ve really noticed a change for the better since you started the management trainings. Thank you!

4. "Best ad tech company"

Current Employee - Marketing Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Operations Manager

I have been working at Fyber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of amazing perks. Fully stocked kitchen with expensive food items. Yoga classes, Commuter benefits and lots of things.

Cons

Company is located in many countries so sometime it’s difficult to coordinate with team members due to time zone difference

5. "Good place to work with freedom and have great learning opportunities!"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Berlin (Germany)
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Berlin (Germany)

I have been working at Fyber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Working with a diverse group of people from multiple countries and all walks of life.
    - The company invests in training and skill development of employees.
    - Opportunity to travel and work from different offices like NY, SF, IL, BLN, etc.
    - Have enough learning opportunities.
    - Good work-life balance.

Cons

- Management could be better.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Fyber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been here for almost a year, and it's been a great ride so far. Fyber has moved in the right direction with our product on both the demand and supply side and while last year there were growing pains, we're coming out of it and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Goals are very attainable and if you work hard you can make a good amount of money. Management knows what the few problems are and are working hard to fix it.

The office is super fun, everyone is friendly and we have weekly happy hours with snacks, games and drinks (best part is it's during regular work hours so you don't feel like you have to stay late to participate)

Cons

The light at the end of the tunnel can't come soon enough!

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

7. "Great company average salaries"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer

I have been working at Fyber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment and very intelligent people.
    Great benefits.

Cons

Salaries are not great

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

8. "Business Analyst"

I worked at Fyber full-time

Pros

Thursday team lunch, free beer, candies, fruit

Cons

Too much reorganization was happening at the time

"It's a death march and there is no happy end for regular folks here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

I have been working at Fyber full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Regular startup-like perks.
    Spacious office (ironically, due to many people leaving the company)

Cons

There is so much I could write here about the company, it's history and how hilariously it's turned from the "oh you work at Fyber? cool!" to "is it even still alive?" questions people ask me when I tell them I work here. But I guess it's not going to change anything.

The Berlin office nowadays suffers of irrelevance, the company itself - from poor corporate management (although it was already seriously damaged even before equally incompetent Israeli management took over) and only blind or lazy don't see how people with more insight into the situation - like team leads and higher - are massively abandoning the sinking ship.

I guess it's an OK company if you never had better but I would think twice before applying here.

Advice to Management

No advise, they never consider it anyways.

"A good company who has been going downhill too fast and too soon"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

I worked at Fyber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

During 2015 and 2017 while I worked as a full time employee in Berlin office, I had the chance to learn from my peers, to improve processes and to deliver results, in a genuine collaborative way.
    Unfortunately, in 2017 when co-founders left the company and the entire C-level had changed, being replaced by the Tel Aviv management, it had become more or less a power game and a very ego-driven culture. Unfortunately, this new leadership approach has not appreciated accordingly the strong HR team in Berlin, nor some of the highly experienced C-level people in Berlin.
    All of these circumstances, combined with a lack of awareness in terms of managing cultural differences, as well, led to many high performers resigning in the Berlin office and slowly to make the one-of-its-kind culture in Berlin office fade away.
    Other Pros:
    - a structured onboarding process
    - internal knowledge base and documentation
    - educational leave
    - flexible hours
    - work from home days
    - leadership and communication training
    - multicultural teams
    - an efficient IT Support team

Cons

Lack of trust in Berlin office's senior employees and leadership
    An increased level of office politics
    Overestimating some so-called senior leadership people in San Francisco office

Advice to Management

Assess, appreciate and reward accordingly the senior and experienced people you still have in Berlin office.