G4S Compliance & Investigations Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated 7 Oct 2020

3.3
G4S Compliance & Investigations CEO Michael J Malone (no image)
Michael J Malone
Pros
  • "You’re able to work from home sometimes depending on your department and or supervisor(in 14 reviews)

• "Investigators are spread out all over the area and there are many people to get advice from(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Micromanaged by case managers and/or clients(in 20 reviews)

• "low pay and no pay raises after years of loyal service, no career advancement- despite what they say(in 20 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent job for independents who can stay on task and want to work remotely!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager

I have been working at G4S Compliance & Investigations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay Good Benefits Work from home

Cons

Must be a self starter

2. "Only good for short term, not long term or for a career."

Former Employee - Researcher in Independence, OH

I worked at G4S Compliance & Investigations full-time for more than a year

Pros

You’re able to work from home sometimes depending on your department and or supervisor. The people in my office were really cool and down to earth. Some flexibility with starting and stop time. Co workers were always willing to help. Your immediate co workers make the job bearable.

Cons

The pay is way too low. It’s barely a living wage. Combine that with the insurance and your take home pay is peanuts. I worked in an office and needed two screens but only had one. If you’re not in the Florida office they treat you like dirt. You get no credit from them when you do great, but hear from them when you make a minor mistake. Company is going through some restructuring so job security may be a little rough.

"Stay Away!!!"

Claims Investigator in New York, NY

I worked at G4S Compliance & Investigations for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to work from home.

Cons

Managers take your ideas and pass them on as their own. Tremendous amount of favoritism going on at this company, which is evident through their quarterly bonus system. Asking for a raise is asking for a target on your back. Managers are not as talented as many of the field staff. IMs and RMs are simply "yes" men (and women) trying to climb the corporate ladder. Management lies constantly to their field staff and are encouraged to do so by the upper ranks. I honestly dont know how you people sleep at night.

"Quantity over Quality"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at G4S Compliance & Investigations full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to work from home, or at least partly from home; the company tries to have many incentives for employees to stay with the company; supervisors are very understanding of family crises that may arise.

Cons

It is very difficult to negotiate salary increases; wages are not great for the industry, especially for investigators; there is too much emphasis on how much work you can do versus how good the work actually is.

"Survillance and Investigations"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at G4S Compliance & Investigations full-time for more than a year

Pros

MONEY MONEY no office politics, work from home, OT all the time rewarding work, carl allowances, gas CC, great office, travel to new places

Cons

If you have a family and enjoy holidays and weekends not for you. 2 Weekend off a month and long 14 18 hour days but if managed correctly can be fast 18 hours, staying away from home a lot.

Continue reading

"Don't Work for this Company as an Investigator"

Surveillance Investigator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at G4S Compliance & Investigations

Pros

Independent work environment, work from home

Cons

Two rates of pay, Admin and Case Rate. Micro Management at all levels. Case grades on activity percentage. Performance evaluations on activity, percentage lost, etc. Non-Industry wages. Very low.

Continue reading
  7. "Opportunities to those who want them"

SIU Investigator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at G4S Compliance & Investigations for more than 3 years

Pros

The best part about G4S is that there are limitless opportunities to advance within the company. I have been promoted two times in three years and received healthy raises each time. I started as a field investigator, then a claims investigator and am now an SIU Investigator. G4S offers ongoing education as well as very good health insurance and a 401k program. I work from home and make my own schedule, so it's a pretty good deal all around!

Cons

If you stay in the same position year after year, the raises are not very impressive.

Continue reading

"A VERY SMALL step above private security"

2.0
    Current Employee - Surveillance Investigator in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Overtime and vehicle allowance make the job profitable and allow you to bring home decent money. Work from home, never have to go to an office. Great job for morning people (up at 4 AM daily). The company is horrible, but oddly enough every individual you work with is awesome and helpful.

Cons

You work insane amount of hours with no days off and drive your own car into the ground. you work 12 days straight, but scheduled so they don't have to pay double time. Min wage for drive time and report writing, etc., low pay for actual surveillance. No where to move up to, no promotions worth aspiring to. Just a job to pay bills while you wait for a real job.

Continue reading

"Oblivious, Obtuse management with no regard for their employees."

2.0
    Current Employee - Field Investigator in Chicago, IL

Pros

Work from home, flexible scheduling for claims/SIU investigators.

Cons

Inconsistent work, non-competitive salary combined with minimum wage for travel = very poor pay (lowest in the industry). clueless upper management, very little opportunity for advancement, management will blow smoke to keep you around, many false promises, little concern for the well being or welfare of their employees, if you're in the field you are invisible, non-compete agreement required, max 2% raise when not on a merit freeze, hasty decisions with no regard for consequence, no accountability, antiquated technology with no sense of urgency to update and repair issues, paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork, constant policy changes and management interference.

Continue reading

"Awful company to work for- underpaid, over worked and long commutes"

I worked at G4S Compliance & Investigations full-time for less than a year

Pros

No pros to mention. I guess since I am forced to I would say you can sort of work from home- although you are mostly on the road very very far from home.

Cons

Horrible communication from corporate, under paid over worked, company has no regard for safety of their employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 English Reviews