GCS Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

1. "Newly Employed"

Current Employee - Administrator
    Current Employee - Administrator

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time

Pros

Since starting at GCS i have been warmly welcomed with excellent training.

Cons

None that i can think of

"Trainee Consultant"

Former Employee - Trainee Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Trainee Consultant in London, England

I worked at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training was fairly good, run by Charlotte. Very engaging although quite scary when it came to the phone tests

Cons

poor management structure, very long hours. Try to motivate you by fear rather than with an incentive

Advice to Management

Maybe consider having some management training rather than being assigned trainees when a manager is simply only at managment level due to hitting a billing target and not having the leadership skills.

3. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Development Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Development Manager

Pros

GCS is a business that has allowed me to pursue my career in recruitment/management whilst being a Mum.

There are many great women out there that have to end there careers or not smash through glass ceilings because typical sales environments don't give them the flexibility. GCS has been fantastic at this

Cons

GCS is a sales environment so naturally it can be a pressured environment, but the rewards for getting this right is worth the pressure.

5. "10 years and still loving it."

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time

Pros

I started my career in recruitment with GCS 10 years ago without any previous experience, since then I have progressed through the company and learnt a huge amount about recruitment and my specific market. Working for GCS has given me the opportunity to be as successful as I wanted to be and helped me realise that nothing is unachievable if you want it enough and work hard enough for it.

Cons

Working for a company that is like a family who offers all the support and training you need to be the best and most successful in your chosen market. GCS run the best training academy out there that receives nothing but praise from all. They offer the best incentives that are achievable for everyone to hit if you work hard enough.

6. "GCS"

Pros

Hard work is well recognised and rewarded, very much a work hard and play hard environment. It is very much a case of getting out what you put in and this motivates you to want to succeed.

Cons

Competitive environment - but this can also be a pro

7. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

Pros

GCS is like my second family. I never thought that I would think that about a workplace but the environment and the culture is great and we receive lots of support from all of the management team.

Cons

usual long hours / chained to a desk type stuff but it is part and parcel of being a recruiter - the feeling of success from providing a great service to my customers coupled with the rewards on offer for being successful out weigh the cons.

Advice to Management

I think that we should be expanding into other areas of recruitment and possibly other parts of the country and possibly more countries. We have shown that we can be successful in Europe and now the US of A,

8. "Senior Consultant"

Pros

Great company to work for.. Lots of incentives and a great atmosphere. Treat people like adults and have a genuine interest in consultants development.

Cons

Normal recruitment industry things.. Hours are longer but the rewards make it worthwhile.. Nothing else you wouldn't expect being in recruitment.

9. "GCS"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great company to work for with a friendly atmosphere, also they give you the platform to succeed. Also the business casual dress code has made working more comfortable.

Cons

None really, they address any concerns I have had quickly

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, keep empowering your staff to make adult and professional decisions.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came to work here from another Recruitment Consultancy and the attitude towards the Consultants is much more professional. We are treated like adults and given accountability for our results. One thing I really enjoy, after having worked for a large company in London that was regarded as a "KPI Factory" is that you are given freedom and flexibility to work roles without having to worry about hitting these targets so you can focus on getting the right candidates for the clients and get a better quality of placement. Some may say that the hours are long, but you get out what you put in and you are left to decide yourself if you stay late. My life requires me to have a good work life balance and the management have helped me to achieve this.
    The extra Curricular activities are good as well, with Team Lunches a regular thing, Breakfast Clubs are held monthly and we go on a High Achievers Lunch every quarter as well which are always a great laugh. The Annual events, Christmas Party and May Ball are both really looked forward to as well.

Cons

More microwaves would be great, there can often be a queue at lunch and we always seem to be running low on forks.

Advice to Management

Having the Radio on more in the office would be nice, and some better radio stations ;) Also, having some Nespresso capsules provided every now and then would be a nice treat

11. "Great Place to Learn Recruitment"

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time

Pros

- Great working environment
    - Great training scheme
    - Great rewards for high achievers (if hit)
    - Positive buzz in the office
    - Work hard play hard mentality throughout the whole business

Cons

Very difficult for consultants lower than Senior to get onto company incentives - always the usual faces on each half year incentive. Most of which have lowered targets.