GCS Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.9
GCS Recruitment Managing Director David Bloxham
David Bloxham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Environment - A mature environment that rewards hard work & commitment (in 8 reviews)

• Career progression - I have had 3 promotions since joining GCS (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, again though this is typical across the industry as a whole (in 10 reviews)

• You will need to be resilient in your day to day work (in 2 reviews)

1. "Working at GCS"

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time

Pros

Belief in each employee.
    Opportunities are second to none.
    Fantastic working environment.
    Working with the best recruiters in the business.
    Always being pushed to be better and achieve greater things.
    GCS is not just a company, it's a family.
    They find out your strengths in your personality and work with them in creating the best recruitment consultant.
    Constant in house training allowing you to become better at what you do.
    Continuous incentives to work more efficiently and to be pro active.

Cons

Could do with an office in Australia!
    YET!!!

"Thank you for making me choose GCS!"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career Progression - I joined as a Senior Consultant in 2012, now I manage a team of 9, I have shares in the business and i'm looking forward to what the future brings to us all!
    Stability - GCS have been going over 26 Years. Having survived a couple of recessions now, they are Financially very stable. It's also rare in Recruitment to find a Company with so many long standing people who are still so passionate about the business. Both Directors started as Consultants here.
    Understanding - I was granted a month off last year to tour Asia and New Zealand and came back with all my business well looked after.
    Caring - When a family member was unwell, they gave me all the time I needed to sort out care. Even changed the company private health policy to enable them to be included in future.
    Deliver on promises. When we set my targets they were set with rewards which I have achieved. GCS delivered on all the promises they made me.
    Incentives: I have been to places and stayed in hotels better than I could have dreamed of. Vegas, Dubai, Ibiza x2, Val D'isere, Morzine, Munich for Oktoberfest.
    Millionaires - Every time a Consultant makes a million for the business they are taken to a Michelin star restaurant to celebrate with all the other millionaires!
    Training - Not only have I learned how to manage my team better, but also I work closely with our training managers to continually develop my team too.
    Opportunities- Working overseas has been presented to me to open new offices having seen the benefit of NYC. You can always change your surroundings within the Company if you want.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a long time to get things changed which can be frustrating. Better offices and equipment has been long overdue. As was changing to smart casual attire! But I'm pleased we got there in the end and now we can work on the next!

Advice to Management

First never follows, let's be innovators!
    Some more remote working would help with work life balance.
    Try to involve people partners or friends in more company events!
    It will only spread the word about how great we are!

3. "GCS Recruitment"

Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined GCS 3 years ago and it still feels like yesterday that I started, always learning new things everyday and the support you receive from the company really is second to none.

Cons

The only frustrating thing is that we need a new kettle

Advice to Management

Buy a new kettle

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are always given opportunities to progress, and hard work is always rewarded with numerous incentives, like trips to Vegas, lunch clubs etc.

Cons

Could do with a new kettle

Advice to Management

Buy a new kettle

6. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career progression - I have had 3 promotions since joining GCS. They have given me everything I have wanted and more!

Incentives - I have eaten in 3 of the top 5 restaurants in the world! Been to Miami twice, Vegas twice, Paris, Barcelona, New York, Switzerland, Ibiza twice, Marbella, Germany and Italy. Every trip gets better and better.

Flexibility for parents and forward thinking.

Lots of training both on the job and courses provide.

They give you a clear track to run on and the ability to grow. They do not hold people back.

Good friendly atmosphere, I have met many good people at GCS , I would class them as family.

If you want a great career you must join!

Cons

Could do with a new water machine

Advice to Management

Keep hiring it is a great place to work!!

7. "Great!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All expenses paid incentives, breakfast clubs and High Achievers Lunches to name a few of the great rewards here, which are second to none! Made some friends for life here, and because of this, I actually enjoy coming to work each day! Thank you GCS!

Cons

Could try Flexible working to balance out the long typical recruitment hours, but that was explained before I started!

8. "Mature, Established and Great Company"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GCS is a great place to work whether you are new to recruitment or joining as an experienced recruiter.

GCS have a fantastic training programme and really know how to nurture young talent coming into the business with no prior experience, GCS will help you develop the right skills and attitudes that long term will make you a very successful recruiter.

As a senior recruiter, due to the rapid growth of GCS, opportunities to step into leadership roles are always available some of which might be oversees! You also get a voice, which personally I value a lot, as a senior member of staff I want to work for a company where I feel i'm adding value and helping improve the business, GCS gives you that platform.

GCS is an established recruitment company, when you pick up the phone to talk to clients they know who we are and that makes such a difference when you're trying to win new relationships.

Cons

In the London office we recently got a new "chill out" area with sofa's etc. it looks awesome but the coffee table is way to small, it would be great if they could order one that fits the space better...

Advice to Management

I know better then to give advice to management!

9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training of new staff
    Put on regular social events
    Great office atmosphere

Cons

Long hours but goes with industry

10. "Great long term career opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Good working environment and support, always someone to turn to if you need training/help/advice
    - Good training structure, not just for juniors but continued mentoring throughout your career
    - Introduced a 'Women in GCS' network last year which provided a good network for the women in the business to connect and share ideas
    - Great opportunities for progression, especially with continued plans for expansion across all offices.
    - Good incentives and events, Overseas holidays, High Achievers Lunches, May Ball, Winners dinner etc
    - Good commission structure and benefits, private healthcare, bonuses etc
    - Allow flexibility when needed, very flexible for the parents in the office
    -Happy to support and you in any extra industry events/meetups you want to attend or even help you if you want to run up your own

Cons

- Long hours, again though this is typical across the industry as a whole
    - You need to be able to be resilient and be happy to put the effort and hours in at the start of your career to gain the benefits

Advice to Management

Nothing major - Reading office is a bit dated but is being done up so hopefully that will give it a bit of a face lift!

"Worst company I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you fit into their culture you will earn very well. I saw managers take home pay cheques of £10,000+ per month. The incentives are also good as they will send you on trips abroad.

Cons

Where do I start? I witnessed consultants get bullied on a daily basis to the point they could've taken the company to a tribunal. The Senior Consultants forget they are recruiters and fall into the trap of believing they are investment bankers. Managers force you to post fake jobs on boards in order to fish for candidates. Management are very arrogant and turn a blind eye to bullying as long as the bullies are billing. The hours are long, in reality you will work from 8:30-20:00.

Advice to Management

Wake up before you're taken to a tribunal. The training is also garbage.