GCS Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.6
GCS Recruitment Managing Director David Bloxham
David Bloxham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Hard work pays off and incentives are great (in 8 reviews)

• Career progression - I have had 3 promotions since joining GCS (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, again though this is typical across the industry as a whole (in 8 reviews)

• Only small niggles - need more fridge space etc (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are always given opportunities to progress, and hard work is always rewarded with numerous incentives, like trips to Vegas, lunch clubs etc.

Cons

Could do with a new kettle

Advice to Management

Buy a new kettle

2. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career progression - I have had 3 promotions since joining GCS. They have given me everything I have wanted and more!

Incentives - I have eaten in 3 of the top 5 restaurants in the world! Been to Miami twice, Vegas twice, Paris, Barcelona, New York, Switzerland, Ibiza twice, Marbella, Germany and Italy. Every trip gets better and better.

Flexibility for parents and forward thinking.

Lots of training both on the job and courses provide.

They give you a clear track to run on and the ability to grow. They do not hold people back.

Good friendly atmosphere, I have met many good people at GCS , I would class them as family.

If you want a great career you must join!

Cons

Could do with a new water machine

Advice to Management

Keep hiring it is a great place to work!!

3. "Thank you for making me choose GCS!"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career Progression - I joined as a Senior Consultant in 2012, now I manage a team of 9, I have shares in the business and i'm looking forward to what the future brings to us all!
    Stability - GCS have been going over 26 Years. Having survived a couple of recessions now, they are Financially very stable. It's also rare in Recruitment to find a Company with so many long standing people who are still so passionate about the business. Both Directors started as Consultants here.
    Understanding - I was granted a month off last year to tour Asia and New Zealand and came back with all my business well looked after.
    Caring - When a family member was unwell, they gave me all the time I needed to sort out care. Even changed the company private health policy to enable them to be included in future.
    Deliver on promises. When we set my targets they were set with rewards which I have achieved. GCS delivered on all the promises they made me.
    Incentives: I have been to places and stayed in hotels better than I could have dreamed of. Vegas, Dubai, Ibiza x2, Val D'isere, Morzine, Munich for Oktoberfest.
    Millionaires - Every time a Consultant makes a million for the business they are taken to a Michelin star restaurant to celebrate with all the other millionaires!
    Training - Not only have I learned how to manage my team better, but also I work closely with our training managers to continually develop my team too.
    Opportunities- Working overseas has been presented to me to open new offices having seen the benefit of NYC. You can always change your surroundings within the Company if you want.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a long time to get things changed which can be frustrating. Better offices and equipment has been long overdue. As was changing to smart casual attire! But I'm pleased we got there in the end and now we can work on the next!

Advice to Management

First never follows, let's be innovators!
    Some more remote working would help with work life balance.
    Try to involve people partners or friends in more company events!
    It will only spread the word about how great we are!

5. "GCS IS GREAT"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Reading, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ongoing support and training from 2 trainers.
    Great incentives/rewards and commission scheme.
    Clear career progression and support to hit promotion targets.

Cons

Sometimes can be unsociable hours.

Advice to Management

Keep offering great incentives, they really work!

6. "Great!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All expenses paid incentives, breakfast clubs and High Achievers Lunches to name a few of the great rewards here, which are second to none! Made some friends for life here, and because of this, I actually enjoy coming to work each day! Thank you GCS!

Cons

Could try Flexible working to balance out the long typical recruitment hours, but that was explained before I started!

7. "Mature, Established and Great Company"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GCS is a great place to work whether you are new to recruitment or joining as an experienced recruiter.

GCS have a fantastic training programme and really know how to nurture young talent coming into the business with no prior experience, GCS will help you develop the right skills and attitudes that long term will make you a very successful recruiter.

As a senior recruiter, due to the rapid growth of GCS, opportunities to step into leadership roles are always available some of which might be oversees! You also get a voice, which personally I value a lot, as a senior member of staff I want to work for a company where I feel i'm adding value and helping improve the business, GCS gives you that platform.

GCS is an established recruitment company, when you pick up the phone to talk to clients they know who we are and that makes such a difference when you're trying to win new relationships.

Cons

In the London office we recently got a new "chill out" area with sofa's etc. it looks awesome but the coffee table is way to small, it would be great if they could order one that fits the space better...

Advice to Management

I know better then to give advice to management!

8. "1st Job out of University"

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After recently leaving university, and unsure of what career path to take, I have been really taken back by how good a career in recruitment is.

Since my first day, I have been given outstanding training from not 1 but 2 trainers at GCS. I joined alongside 5 other graduates, and between us, we all have exactly the same feedback so far - great! Everyone seems to get along like a family, which is exactly what you need after graduating from University!

Cons

Targets seem sometimes unrealistic, but guess that's recruitment! You get out what you put in.

9. "Great long term career opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Good working environment and support, always someone to turn to if you need training/help/advice
    - Good training structure, not just for juniors but continued mentoring throughout your career
    - Introduced a 'Women in GCS' network last year which provided a good network for the women in the business to connect and share ideas
    - Great opportunities for progression, especially with continued plans for expansion across all offices.
    - Good incentives and events, Overseas holidays, High Achievers Lunches, May Ball, Winners dinner etc
    - Good commission structure and benefits, private healthcare, bonuses etc
    - Allow flexibility when needed, very flexible for the parents in the office
    -Happy to support and you in any extra industry events/meetups you want to attend or even help you if you want to run up your own

Cons

- Long hours, again though this is typical across the industry as a whole
    - You need to be able to be resilient and be happy to put the effort and hours in at the start of your career to gain the benefits

Advice to Management

Nothing major - Reading office is a bit dated but is being done up so hopefully that will give it a bit of a face lift!

10. "Great Opportunities For New Recruiters"

Current Employee - Junior Consultant
    Current Employee - Junior Consultant

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With this being my first recruitment job, the initial training I was given was extensive and has left me feeling confident with all aspects of the job.
    The support I've had from senior staff on my team has been superb throughout.

Cons

The hours are long, but this is necessary if you want to have any sort of career in the industry.

11. "Flexible for parents and forward thinking!"

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

the recruitment industry is getting older, therefore the balance of high flying at work and at parenthood has become a balancing act. GCS has provided me the platform to do both and for that I am incredible grateful. With the recent investment I am very excited about what could become of my career here.

Cons

GCS is a recruitment company, targeted KPI's (certainly not KPI's just for the sake of it) and working hard is always going to be the backbone of what is needed to be successful. It is a con, but it is necessary and I believed managed well with the coaching strategy they have to get people to understand how that converts into something tangible. if that isnt something that drives you, then i wouldn't recommend 360 recruitment as the numbers are important.

Advice to Management

Keep being flexible IT WORKS