GMR Marketing Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2021

Found 401 of over 462 reviews

3.9
GMR Marketing CEO Cameron Parsons (no image)
Cameron Parsons
Pros
  • "Great feed-back structure and well as great people(in 26 reviews)

• "Great people, great culture, great training(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance was a large issue for me(in 10 reviews)

• "Long hours and little flexibility(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

GMR Marketing London

Aug 22, 2016 - Senior Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great team to work with on great projects. International development opportunities in a global network within Omnicom. GMR Marketing is very well known in the US already and will soon be a force to reckon with in Europe

Cons

Currently still in a new biz cycle, looking for great brands to activate on a global and most professional level. There are some limitations with regards to the digital scope that can be handled from the UK, but good team in the US.

2. 4.0

Super-friendly agency

Nov 1, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff with a focus on good atmosphere which made it a fun place to work. Interesting project with good clients which has been great experience.

Cons

Got a bit stuck in one role so I didn't get as broad experience as I would have liked. Limited progression due to working in a fairly small team.

1 person found this review helpful

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your dedicated service! With our new Career Development philosophy and real-time insights, our goal is to provide employees with the support to help develop their careers within the agency. We promote regular one-on-ones between direct manager and employee as an atmosphere to discuss areas of interest and how to get to the next level within the agency. We appreciate your feedback and hope that these new efforts will make a difference in our employees’ ability to continually grow within GMR.

3. 5.0

Olympic Game intern

Oct 22, 2015 -  in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great work environment, let you work on legitimate projects. Overall my experience was really good.

Cons

The only thing I wasn't a fan of was that sometimes things seemed to get very hectic and people would become disorganized

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Account Executive

Mar 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice clients, people, good office location

Cons

Managed by one centralised office in US so for not account culturaland business differences when opened the office in a different country - UK

GMR Marketing

We appreciate your candor and are glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed interacting with both clients and co-workers alike. While our headquarters are based in the US, we have partnered with additional Omnicom agencies to continue building a global footprint that has pushed forward international ingenuities. We hope that the positive experience you had with GMR, carries on with you and your future career endeavors.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

great place to work if you are part of the in group

May 23, 2018 - Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

exciting work, exciting clients, got some smart new thinkers in around digital and social that are creating great work for clients .

Cons

a culture where the "in group" excel

HR Specialist

Thanks for the feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your work with us! Our creative and talented employees help keep us innovative and competitive. It is, however, unfortunate for us to hear that your experience was not enjoyable the whole way round. GMR has been working on numerous initiatives that are inclusive to all such as our Growth Leadership and Opportunities for Women (GLOW) Committee, our Diversity and Inclusion committee, and our Culture Committee. We appreciate your insight and look forward to our continued growth regarding employee inclusion!

6. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Jul 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are amazing, benefits are good, lot of opportunity to take courses to further your knowledge. Leadership is helpful and always open to chat.

Cons

People talk about a hectic work environment and needing more staff in some sections, but I haven't experienced any problems yet.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great job

Jul 22, 2021 - Retail Expert
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team building and also pay

Cons

None at all loved my job

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Jul 13, 2021 - Brand Ambassador in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been employed as a brand ambassador for the company full time for two years. It’s a wonderful company that does seem to care about their employees.

Cons

There is no growth opportunity. It’s very repetitive work and tends to get boring.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

HR Dept Needs Intervention

Jul 13, 2021 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility Amazing teams to work with

Cons

Turnover. Jaded leadership. Negative environment

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

GMR Marketing double Confirms a schedule and cancel it during your shift.

Jun 10, 2021 - Retail - Expert in Fairfax, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

No pros. Stay away from these misers who only hire you for training and give you two weeks while on the job to find another job, otherwise they will schedule you, expect open availability for 24 hours and take away your days that were confirmed twice. Then have have the nerve to offer you on call only after being Confirmed for full shifts. They don't tell you why, they don't schedule near your home as they asked for zip code during training and GMR Marketing is a Money hungry agency still birth certificate funds by promising hours, but using people just for the first 90 days. See a pattern! Same as Amazon and many other companies.

Cons

Everything! Incompetent Schedulers from New York!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 401 Reviews