GOGO Worldwide Vacations Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

GOGO Worldwide Vacations Reviews

Updated 31 Jul 2019

Found 31 reviews

2.2
GOGO Worldwide Vacations CEO Randy Alleyne (no image)
Randy Alleyne
  1. "Some Pros and Cons"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time

Pros

Great work life balance and wonderful people around you. Everyone works for a common goal and company is changing to the newer market.

Cons

Do not listen to the opinions of people who deal with the customers on a daily basis, no room for growth, pay is okay.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They are the lifeblood of your company and know how to better the services that are offered.

GOGO Worldwide Vacations2019-07-31
  2. "Benefits are the only good thing about the company"

Former Employee - Web

I worked at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits and PTO, ergonomic work place and new building

Cons

Management, low pay, favoritism, no room for growth

GOGO Worldwide Vacations2019-06-22
  3. "Pass"

Current Employee - Travel Agent

I have been working at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice office, travel industry is interesting

Cons

Party culture is suited for 20 year olds.

Advice to Management

Don’t push the boozing so much. Let people know this is actually a call center, not a true sales position. Let the sales staff sell, not do 40 other administrative tasks while selling.

GOGO Worldwide Vacations2019-03-07
  4. "Short time job, no long term future"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Montvale, NJ

I worked at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at headquarters can be fun,

Cons

Low pay, unrealistic goals, hard to move up, same group of people are the ones getting promotions or job title changes for raises. Low moral. Pay was same across the country which is not is horrible concept. People in high cost New York or Jersey get paid the same in lower cost states like NC or FL. Not adjusted to cost of living.

Advice to Management

Increase pay.

GOGO Worldwide Vacations2019-01-22
  5. "Run, run far away"

I worked at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time

Pros

Your coworkers, able to travel and pay wholsale net rates (if you are liked).

Cons

Low pay, any incentive that seems to work, they take away from you. Mandatory meetings out of town. If you don't go, you're labeled "not a team player". Micromanaged, petty upper management, backstabbing, little or no chance of advancement unless you're not American. Discrimination and harassment within the company. Would give a "0" rating if it were possible.

Advice to Management

Drain the swamp, start over, if it's not too late.

GOGO Worldwide Vacations2019-01-13
  6. "Mostly great, but..."

I have been working at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time

Pros

good benefits, good pay for the most part, lots of opportunity to promote within, fun trips, overall fun work environment.

Cons

constant changes in pay structure has us losing sleep at night; greatly impacting our wages, changes in leadership are a bit chaotic, seems they are asking for more work for less money. Inconsistency seems to be the motto here and there is a mentality that if you don't drink the koolaid you can't get ahead

Advice to Management

Cool it with all the pay structure changes...

GOGO Worldwide Vacations2018-06-29

"As The Travel Agents Said...."

Former Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Montvale, NJ

I worked at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Out of Country Yearly conference

Cons

GOGO is a NoNo and that is the plain and simple truth! No incentives for the employees as they were all taken away. Added more and more and more on top of our daily tasks with no additional pay. Closed multiple offices and got rid of valuable employees as the result. The best advice I could give you is apply elsewhere as you will have a better chance of actually making a living.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees as we have great ideas and are the front of the line. If complaints come to HR for Discrimination/harassment regarding a team leader don’t ignore it… Act on it!

GOGO Worldwide Vacations2018-05-07

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not many. Fun people to work with. Easy commute to office for most people

Cons

No transparency. They claim everyone is equal but they're not. They have very little opportunity to advance unless you live in Jersey. The environment in the offices is very uneasy. They keep closing "local" offices and you have no idea if your office is next or if they will come in and let you go at any time. There is no loyalty for the employees to rely on. You could have worked for them 10 years or more... and it seems they plot to get rid of you. It seems anyone who has lasted 10 years or more are let go. They seem to get rid of anyone in locations outside of the headquarters who is of upper age. Since the Australians bought the company 2008, they cut all the salaries, cut the selling staff by more than half, only gave one increase in salary since they took over. Not even a cost of living increase. Then we get to listen to the former president of the company tell everyone how embarrassed how low we get paid. Just keep bringing the Australians and Canadians over and make up jobs for them. That does nothing for moral of employees.

Advice to Management

Quit taking everything away from your sales staff. Think about giving back so they feel they are worthy employees.

GOGO Worldwide Vacations2017-10-09
  9. "Good Perks, Toxic Work Environment"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time for more than a year

Pros

I appreciated getting travel all over Mexico and the Caribbean at a discount (on my own) or free (with the company). That's the only reason they're getting 2-stars and not 1-star.

Cons

My overarching issue with GOGO is the corporate culture. They completely resist change and innovation in favor of a "this is how we've always done it" mentality. The way they calculate whether an office is profitable is a joke. My few years there, very few offices (less than 5 out of the 50 or 60) were profitable by their definition. Full-time employees have to clock in and out, and Team Leaders ride your time cards... to make sure paying you overtime doesn't come out of their office's P&L in a desperate attempt to become profitable. Honestly...if I came in 5 minutes early, I'd be asked to take an extra 5 minutes at lunch so that my time card read EXACTLY 8 hours each day. That leads to unmotivated employees because we feel like we are not empowered to do what we need to do to get our jobs done. Taking trips for the job sound fun in theory, but sharing a room with some random employee from another office is uncomfortable and borderline unprofessional. And lastly...those uniforms. I understand the concept behind them, but oh my goodness, find a better supplier. In one order, I asked for three pairs of pants in the same size. All three varied in length and width by 1-6 inches. They're uncomfortable, ugly, and unprofessional. Although, I guess not having to worry about what you wear each day can sometimes be a huge plus. It just seems so inane to have a wholesale company (i.e. we DON'T have face to face time with clients) to wear uniforms.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees; they're in the trenches and might actually have some valuable ideas. Find a new uniform supplier (or just lose them all together). DITCH TIME CARDS and let adults be adults and govern their own time. Don't make co-workers share hotel/resort rooms. You're just asking for a lawsuit.

GOGO Worldwide Vacations2017-05-14
  10. "Travel Agent"

I worked at GOGO Worldwide Vacations

Pros

Travel experience. Great customers and sub-agents.

Cons

Work and Life balance needed improving. Senior management could have been more involved in agents needs

GOGO Worldwide Vacations2016-09-13